• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
New single from Volkor X is awesome.

I need a full release from Jessie Frye, Fantasy is a wonderful track.

Last edited:

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Sharing some stuff from my country. Few and far between artists like these, especially in Croatia where synthwave and similar genres are pretty much unheard of. Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Brut announced on Facebook there will be a repressing of Trilogy, EP1, EP2, and EP3.

I'll definitely pick up each EP.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
The Abyss pointed out this album on twitter from Viperdrive, and it's really damn good.

https://viperdrive.bandcamp.com/album/this-was-our-future

a3272867925_16.jpg

Hmmm.. was going to post a video of a track I really like.. "Weekend in '88".. and watching.. it sure seems near identical to a Kidburn track "Alone' which I posted a bit ago...Both from the official youtube channels of each, curious what the source is.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I've been spinning Bart Graft's "Modern Life" LP several times since I got it; amazing new wave sound:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Channel5News I'm sure I tried to get into Bart Graft before, and didn't click with me. A case of quality over quantity maybe, there's just so much stuff he's put out. However, listening to the latest, "Worlds Apart", and it sounds like a Steve Vai album so far! Enjoying this.

New single from Kalax is great as well.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in the mood for some surprise Trevor Something? (Cry Baby is actually a banger, so is Nobody)

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Channel5News I'm sure I tried to get into Bart Graft before, and didn't click with me. A case of quality over quantity maybe, there's just so much stuff he's put out. However, listening to the latest, "Worlds Apart", and it sounds like a Steve Vai album so far! Enjoying this.

New single from Kalax is great as well.

Yeah, Bart Graft is as prolific as SLA Dreams, so he's intimidating to dive into. "Modern Life" is great, as is "Self-Portrait I." I've also heard his "Go For Broke" album described as "SNES Sim City-like", so...

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Great track. Atlas is a landmark album of the genre in my opinion. Pretty high expectations for the long awaited follow up.

Love this track from Reptrik too.

Last edited:

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Thought the new FM-84 track would show up on Spotify today but it hasn't.

But something that did was a new surprise album by Trevor Something. No, not Cry Baby (it still isn't on Spotify)...

Just a quick listen, very melodi stuff. More akin to his older stuff than some of the newer. Need to listen to it a couple of times more, but really nice surprise.

Edit: starting to think this is up there close to Synthetic Love. Definitely one of his best albums.

Edit2: Also...

Edit3: wow, keep finding some stuff that wasn't, strangely, on my release radar. This will be an awesome album when it's released.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just got around to listening to Cry Baby and wow that might just be my favorite Trevor Something related project since... well since Ultraparanoia really, but beyond that probably my favorite since Doesn't Exist. What a cohesive EP of tracks, I'm surprised it wasn't released under the Trevor Something name.

Bots Don't Cry sounds like Soulless Computer Boy Part 2. It's alright, back to the more synthwave brand Trevor, though can't help but feel it's a much less daring and exciting album than Ultraparanoia was. I guess this album has the advantage of being completely unheard tracks rather than Ultraparanoia which was drip fed for a year (and didn't even include Playin' Me, the best track), but people who like the vintage sound will probably like it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Trevor Something just uploaded a mashup of Kavinsky's Nightcall and Jasper Byrne's Miami (with the vocals from Trevor's own "Into Your Heart" cover of it)

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
Stereogum was raving about a group called Fatamorgana and their new album Terra Alta. I decided to check it out and it's so good. It's all I've listened to this week. If this album catches on, they're going to be huge. It's all in Spanish but don't let that deter you. It's fantastic. Whole album is streaming on YouTube and other typical streaming services.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Stereogum was raving about a group called Fatamorgana and their new album Terra Alta. I decided to check it out and it's so good. It's all I've listened to this week. If this album catches on, they're going to be huge. It's all in Spanish but don't let that deter you. It's fantastic. Whole album is streaming on YouTube and other typical streaming services.

This is amazing stuff.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Seems really good so far.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any good chillwave recommendations? I found a couple of mixes on Youtube, and I like it better than the heavy/dark synth stuff.

For example, stuff like this: