• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 26, 2018
It's not bad at all, but not really my cup of tea. Kind of boring. :) What I listened most to yesterday of the new stuff was the track Enigma from PYLOT's new EP Solai. It's fantastic.

But the best release yesterday was...

Awesome short / video for Freak night.

Damn, I was really hoping the pizza kid would dance the night away with the monsters near the end haha

that would've been awesome

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Freak Night is a pretty cool video, love all the creatures. Bit disappointing to see it under 10k views still when it looks like a lot of work went into it.

Oct 27, 2017
i just rediscovered this classic from my childhood. I loved that show. This is definitely the origin of my synthwave love affair.

The Raccoons: Run With Us

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
POWER GLOVE COMING OUT WITH A NEW ALBUM
NOT A DRILL

No info yet but the album is called "Playback"

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
That Power Glove track is pretty good. A little Daft Punk mixed with synthwave goes a long way.

Speaking about Daft Punk, more specifically vocoders, found out about Glowline today. Had their/his first album released just a little over one week ago. Video released too:

Fantastic album, if you can muster vocoder singing for almost all of the 15 tracks. :) Also could use a little more variation in sounds I guess.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Need to catch up on a lot of NRW youtube videos for some new releases.

I missed an ULTRABOSS release.... can't wait for this ep/album.

And this rippin new track from Retouch.. (actually this on his Obscure EP! The only track I think I liked on it..)

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
It wasn't on my release radar in Spotify but found it looking. Been awaiting it, so thanks for mentioning or I'd have missed it.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up on the McRocklin and Hutch album release!

New track from The Motion Epic is wonderful too.

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
You guys heard of Thomahawk? Seems like an up and comer to the sythnwave world. Found him searching songs by Kinney's Lane (Timecop1983's Tokyo)

Really good jams honestly. Look forward to what he can do.

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
I was just coming to share the news of Power Glove announcing an album. I hope it's a full LP. They had all of those snippets with cool backdrops uploaded to their YouTube channel but I think they pulled them. Some of them were really good. I wonder if they're part of the project.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was just coming to share the news of Power Glove announcing an album. I hope it's a full LP. They had all of those snippets with cool backdrops uploaded to their YouTube channel but I think they pulled them. Some of them were really good. I wonder if they're part of the project.
They're still on their YouTube. I've been really interested in hearing the full versions if they exist, especially loop 1, 2, and 6, but given that these clips are almost 2 years old by now, and that the new track has a pretty "Daft Punk" brand of synthwave going for it (several of the loops felt like they had more of the darker EPII style) I wonder whether or not this really is album material. Visuals seem in line with the album cover though so this could be it.

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
I knew they had a different channel. I kept searching and YouTube forced their music page on me. Glad they're still up. Loop 2 was the one I played the most. And you're right, they do align with the album art.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Copying an idea from the metal thread... Would anyone like to start a song of the day type of post? Something to share and keep things a bit more lively.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even the (new?) logo on their Bandcamp profile screams Daft Punk

16 tracks, this is gonna be one beefy album

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Other than the new Midnight track today saw some other great releases. New track from The Bad Dreamers, new track from Tommy'86 and a new album by Megahit, and more.

I think I like this one the best though.

But as I said, great friday. And on monday the new Waveshaper album is released.

Edit: Just saw that I missed an album release by Absolute Valentine two weeks ago. This one will definitely get some rotation.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The video for the new The Midnight track has a file on the monitor that reads "monsters.zip". That a tease for the new album? I love the vintage sound of the new single, so if the album follows suit that's gonna be great.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you synthpop fans don't sleep on that Von Kaiser album, it's so good.

Not sure this was ever mentioned, but this album release from Jeremiah Kane from late last year, 'All or Nothing', is really a ripper too.

And I need another Battlejuice album like Crimson Light.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Perturbator is coming to my city on Monday.

Should I go? I love their music, but I don't know if they're interesting to watch live, since they don't have stage musicians (unlike, say, Dance with the Dead) as far as I know. Some guy behind a console the whole time sounds boring, even if there's a big screen with stuff going on.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen Perturbator live and it was a lot of fun. This was before he had his current stage setup. I would suggest going if you have the opportunity.

If I'm not mistaken, they did hire on live stage musicians for the current tour.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

Should I go? I love their music, but I don't know if they're interesting to watch live, since they don't have stage musicians (unlike, say, Dance with the Dead) as far as I know. Some guy behind a console the whole time sounds boring, even if there's a big screen with stuff going on.
If you like his music it's one of my favourite live shows I've ever been to. It was just him with a laptop and light show but there was so much energy and the crowd was such a fun atmosphere...definitely go!

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017

Having seen both Dance with the Dead & Perturbator this year in the same venue & whilst I have no idea what I'm talking about with regards to sound quality: Peturbator put out cleaner & crisper sound live than DoD, the light show was a happy bonus!

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I've seen Perturbator live and it was a lot of fun. This was before he had his current stage setup. I would suggest going if you have the opportunity.

If I'm not mistaken, they did hire on live stage musicians for the current tour.
If you like his music it's one of my favourite live shows I've ever been to. It was just him with a laptop and light show but there was so much energy and the crowd was such a fun atmosphere...definitely go!
Having seen both Dance with the Dead & Perturbator this year in the same venue & whilst I have no idea what I'm talking about with regards to sound quality: Peturbator put out cleaner & crisper sound live than DoD, the light show was a happy bonus!
Thanks all, I'll probably go see them tonight!

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I left after like 3 songs, I couldn't bear it. The light show was... blinding, completely obnoxious and not cool to watch at all. I wondered if it was just my sensitive lasik'ed eyes but I saw people around me squinting and grimacing too, though most seemed to still have a fun time at least. The place was very crowded and I couldn't really see the musicians at all (not that the guy behind the console was doing much...). Then my Achilles (which has been sore lately) started to hurt and I said "fuck this" and left. I really had no reason to be there if the visual aspect of the show was not only uninteresting but even painful to my eyes.

First time in my life that I bail at a concert so soon after it starts. I don't mind the ticket money, at least it can support the artist as I do enjoy their music. But this ain't my kind of life experience.

I'm glad it wasn't my first synthwave concert though because I might have written off the genre entirely. Dance With the Dead was much more fun and I had a blast there.

* It was seriously only a bunch of constantly intense, blinding, stroboscopic lights... no screen showing cool stuff or anything. Just... flashing lights, nothing particularly creative with them too. What.