• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

tsRBSCq.gif

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck yes all the teaser snippets made it onto the album

Playback, For Real, Secrets, Haunted, and Adult Themes are the fucking jams

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Playback without even listening to the whole thing. Listening through it now and yep, money well spent.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Power Glove new album its really something else. Album of the year for me.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Can we do video game shoutouts here too? Katana ZERO came out last month, and its soundtrack is some crazy:

I'd post more actual retrowave, but i don't want to spoil the joy of the game.

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
Playback, Clutch and Firebird are the tracks I'm digging so far.
I concur. I feel like any one of those three is interchangeably the standout track. The guitar solo on Firebird is my favorite moment on the album. Haunted, Afterburner, Loaded and Adult Themes are right behind those top three tracks. I haven't come around on Promises leading into Secrets yet. I don't know why. I just get motivated to skip them with the first half dozen listens behind me. I'm always in a rush to loop around from Daybreak to Sundown to start the strong front half of the album again.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
I just finished listening, and think it's really fantastic.

It was pretty good. Can't say I like every track but the production is great and some tracks fantastic. Also found that he released Streets (Director's cut) which I like more. That one has been on repeat for a while today. It's not that much different from the original release though. But I hadn't heard that one for a while.

Edit: Also, a video / short film released for Streets.

Warning, sax part NSFW.

Last edited:

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Having released some of my favorite releases last year with Paradise and especially Space Warp as a track, I was thriller to find out that Juno Dreams had a new release last week (how could I have missed it...).

Amethyst Gaze and Future Horizons are really great but doesn't reach the heights of his earlier releases.

Edit:

Some days browsing Spotify I just keep finding new releases I had missed. Like Turbo Knights new album Navigators that was released a couple of days ago. Very Dune inspired, at least with the titles. Now this release is damn good.

Last edited:

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
New Electric Youth is always a good thing. It's the band that got me into this genre. And yeah, that bass line is sick.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The new FM Attack album is dope! There's a nice Mecha Maiko collab, and the final three songs with Vandal Moon are very "Talking Heads" ("Mixed Emotions" is my personal favorite.)

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see FM-84 again next week... but April was supposed to be a new album, and it's almost July. Dammit. :(

that FM Attack album is indeed pretty good stuff Channel5News

Listening to Wayfloe this morning (Neon West album). Scarlet Speedster is such a great track

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
JJ Mist released her first synthpoppy album last week, and the opening track is easily the best, L.D.L.A. (Long Distance Love Afffair):