• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up Channel5News Listening now. Edit : ehhh. Not much to that imo beyond the great opening track.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just start this myself, it's the song of the day! Mitch Murder - Lit

It's a beautiful day here to start the weekend, hope you are able to get out and enjoy it wherever you are.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

This is a pleasant surprise, as I was very confused that they created a soundtrack for a movie (I think?) and they haven't released a new album in sometime. I'll keep an eye out for the full release.

I'll just start this myself, it's the song of the day! Mitch Murder - Lit

It's a beautiful day here to start the weekend, hope you are able to get out and enjoy it wherever you are.

This is a tasty jam. Thanks! :3

Last edited:

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
The album from Lost Outrider had some good tracks like Eyes. So thanks for mentioning it, as otherwise I'd probably missed it for some weeks. The Ultraboss album though, it oozes of quality, the production quality is amazing, but doesn't do much for me. Hunger and Heart of Sound are good though.

Great song of the day though. Hopefully Jordan F finishes some new material soon.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing FM-84, Michael Oakley and Jessie Frye tonight, so why not an FM-84 track for song of the day...

FM-84 - Mainframe.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
ULTRABOSS - Slave to the Passion 2 - The Perils of Shredwave Decadence is out today! Listening now, this definitely seems a bit more shredwave and faster paced. I love the track 'Moonchild'. New album from Galaxy80 seems to be ok as well, very Dynatron sounding spacesynth. Could be a solid night drive album. New release from Electric Dragon doesn't really hit the mark for me, but maybe others will enjoy it. Tankard posted it below. I'll have to check out that D.Notive EP.

Going to highlight a couple singles.

I'm trying to understand this Lily La Roux material... I guess there's some DLC for Cities Skylines that include some music by Lily La Roux, and this is a new single from her. Not sure if it's handled by Paradox, but whatever, this is a great track.

Lily La Roux - Make History

New single from Oblique as well with some guests...

Oblique - Secret Code

Last edited:

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
That Oblique track... thought it was Wolfclub's Can't stop falling in love that started playing first. It's quite good though.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Well then, some new releases that are worth listening to...

Oscillian's new 7 track EP Sentient. It was available on Spotify for a short while but disappeared. :/ Well, there's Bandcamp :)

New album from Caspro.

And a VERY solid new single from Pylot.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
antipod Love that PYLOT single. Great track. (I need to give the Solai EP more listens! Edit... Listening now and reminded how amazing a track 'Lost' is). Completely missed the Oscillian release as well, giving it a quick run through now, awesome stuff. Heavy sounds. I gave the Caspro release a quick listen a couple days ago, and not sure it clicked, but I will give it more attention sometime.

DrSlek Trying to remember why LukHash sounds familiar. Neon Thrills is a great track, thanks for sharing.

I can't keep up with all these releases!

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the day...

Zane Oliver - Highway

When I first heard this track, I had hoped for more shredwave releases from Zane Oliver, but as far as I know, that hasn't come to fruition (other than 'Chrome', a track from the same EP).

Last edited:

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
my "new" car still has a tape deck in it, so ive been going on a crazy spree trying to nab up as many synthwave/retrowave/city pop cassettes as i can, and its such a bummer because whenever i find something i think is pretty rad via Bandcamp, inevitably the limited release tapes are sold out. i sometimes have luck via Discogs (where i nabbed a Macross 82-99 AMMA for pretty cheap), but man. i know i can just get one of those tape deck adapters to play music from my phone or something, but its not the same as pulling a tape from the center console and stabbing it into the deck.

anyone have some recs for maybe lesser known but really solid synth or city pop-esque albums with cassettes still available? as much as i love it, im looking less for darkwave or harder cyberpunky synth, and more poppy, funky stuff. for instance, that Lost Outrider's Heart posted above is a jammer (of course, sold out :( by the time i saw it), L8 NITE TV by Crystal Cola, and CITY DRIVE II by Groove FM its summer and i need some good window-down, hair-in-the-wind sunny-day tunes to cruise to.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
DrSlek I enjoyed the full album from LukHash "Better Than Reality", doesn't get too chiptuney and is pretty heavy! If you like that Synthwave/Chiptune mix, Arcade High Just released a new new album, 'New Impressions', which you might enjoy. https://arcadehigh.bandcamp.com/album/new-impressions-2

Enjoying this pop album, love the track 'Breathe with Me'... but for the love of the god who decides to name their act something so god damn generic. Hate it.

Let's Talk - Wake Me When It's Over

Moonrunner83's album 'Hearts on Fire' still seems to have some tapes in stock for sale. https://moonrunner83.bandcamp.com/album/hearts-on-fire

Also, because I'm checking it out right now, a new album from Vampire Step-Dad has a cassette available. https://vampirestepdad.bandcamp.com/album/the-sun-also-sets edit: meh... it's ok.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Really really enjoying this release from Starunner, 'Be Kind Rewind'. Edit: Yeah, this is fantastic! Great release.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Song of the Day...

Sunglasses Kid - Summer Nights (feat. Leon Monroe & Highway Superstar)

Last edited:

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
Moonrunner83's album 'Hearts on Fire' still seems to have some tapes in stock for sale. https://moonrunner83.bandcamp.com/album/hearts-on-fire

Also, because I'm checking it out right now, a new album from Vampire Step-Dad has a cassette available. https://vampirestepdad.bandcamp.com/album/the-sun-also-sets edit: meh... it's ok.

dude, that Moonrunner83 album is perfect, exactly what i was looking for. the Vampire Step Dad drop is pretty good too. thanks so much!

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Having grown up with Amigas, old game and demoscene music this is some dope stuff I just found. Dreamliner is just a week old or so, the albums both from this year (at least on Spotify).

Bloody brilliant.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
dude, that Moonrunner83 album is perfect, exactly what i was looking for. the Vampire Step Dad drop is pretty good too. thanks so much!

No problem! Glad you enjoy it. I was hoping Moonrunner83's Streets album still had some cassettes available for you. Certainly feel free to check out anything I've posted before to see if there are cassettes options.

Having grown up with Amigas, old game and demoscene music this is some dope stuff I just found. Dreamliner is just a week old or so, the albums both from this year (at least on Spotify).
Bloody brilliant.

WOW. This is fantastic, listening to 'Tales from a Lost Universe Part 1', and this is INCREDIBLE. Thanks for sharing!!!

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
WOW. This is fantastic, listening to 'Tales from a Lost Universe Part 1', and this is INCREDIBLE. Thanks for sharing!!!

Heh, np.

Seriously, it's like some hidden gem being found. He only has 75 followers on FB, but the stuff he makes is better than a lot of those having tens of thousands.

Hope he can get the audience he deserve. Havn't listened fully on part 2 yet, but so far it's as good as part one. Definitely AOTY material.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I wonder if that Perturbator/CDPR thread will get some new eyes on this thread.

Anyway, some badass darksynth for y'all (not sure if posted before):

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, np.

Seriously, it's like some hidden gem being found. He only has 75 followers on FB, but the stuff he makes is better than a lot of those having tens of thousands.

Hope he can get the audience he deserve. Havn't listened fully on part 2 yet, but so far it's as good as part one. Definitely AOTY material.

Just finished and going back to some tracks. Man this is really f'n good. Part 2 after lunch! And yes, just see barely 1000 monthly listeners on Spotify. Just a reminder that is still a niche genre and marketing yourself is still hard to do. If he's on Twitter I'll be sure to tweet a thanks for the albums.

I wonder if that Perturbator/CDPR thread will get some new eyes on this thread.

I made my post there. I'll have to check out that Shredder 1984 album, I may have before in passing. I checked out his earlier releases a while ago and I think it was just a little weak production wise? I can't recall why it didn't click.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished and going back to some tracks. Man this is really f'n good. Part 2 after lunch! And yes, just see barely 1000 monthly listeners on Spotify. Just a reminder that is still a niche genre and marketing yourself is still hard to do. If he's on Twitter I'll be sure to tweet a thanks for the albums.

I need to listen to them a couple of times more, but I think I like part 1 a bit more as a whole. Although, part 2 has my favorite track of the two albums: Frequenzy Lost.

Edit. But most of all I need to listen to them with good headphones. Mobile speakers while taking care of two small children only goes so far...

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I need to listen to them a couple of times more, but I think I like part 1 a bit more as a whole. Although, part 2 has my favorite track of the two albums: Frequenzy Lost.

I just came to edit my post to say Part 2 is kicking ass too. Production seems a little bouncier. Loving it! Great stuff, thanks again for posting.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
I just came to edit my post to say Part 2 is kicking ass too. Production seems a little bouncier. Loving it! Great stuff, thanks again for posting.

If I am to guess, this is someone who has made the tracks during some time now and finally decided to share them to the public, creating Surge with it. Hence so many tracks released in a short time and as you said bouncier production.

Also, don't forget the non album releases. :) 'Battle scars' he mentioned was experiment and those two tracks aren't really my thing, but the other tracks are as good as the album's.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
If I am to guess, this is someone who has made the tracks during some time now and finally decided to share them to the public, creating Surge with it. Hence so many tracks released in a short time and as you said bouncier production.

Also, don't forget the non album releases. :) 'Battle scars' he mentioned was experiment and those two tracks aren't really my thing, but the other tracks are as good as the album's.

Yeah I'll be checking out the entire library. https://surge-mtx.bandcamp.com/ The bandcamp links also have the same release date for Part 1 and 2, so who knows. Good stuff. Edit: Dreamliner is a banger. Damn.

Last edited:

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Listened to a bunch of the stuff on this page today:

Caspro - Galactic Punks
Surge - Tales from a Lost Universe Pt 1/2
Starunner - Be Kind Rewind
Moonrunner 83 - Hearts on Fire

Also listened to Alex/Tokyo Rose "Akuma II"

Akuma II and Galactic Punks were probably my favorite of the bunch but those Surge albums were pretty good. Generally speaking I don't tend to like the straight up 80s sounding pop stuff like Be Kind Rewind/Moonrunner but they weren't so bad today. Preferred Starunner.

I tend to like the more dystopian cyberpunk-is synth wave like Perturbator/Gost/Irving Force/Mega Drive, etc.

My synth wave AOTY so far is still DEADLIFE's Orphan, though. Really loved that one.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Akuma II and Galactic Punks were probably my favorite of the bunch but those Surge albums were pretty good. Generally speaking I don't tend to like the straight up 80s sounding pop stuff like Be Kind Rewind/Moonrunner but they weren't so bad today. Preferred Starunner.

I tend to like the more dystopian cyberpunk-is synth wave like Perturbator/Gost/Irving Force/Mega Drive, etc.

My synth wave AOTY so far is still DEADLIFE's Orphan, though. Really loved that one.

My hope is when I share something is that I simply get a reply, lol. Know there are varied tastes here, and I tend to mostly share the pop sounding stuff, but I do like plenty of the heavier/darker stuff too, depends on my mood too. It's summer time, so I want summer time music :) I'd call myself a metalhead, but it's interesting that I remember loving 80's music before it even registered to me. One of the earliest songs I can remember getting stuck in my head is "Pop Goes The World", which apparently came out in 87, when I was 5.

Edit: You may want to check out the LukHash album mentioned recently as well. The intro track Perpetual Motion leads into a pretty heavy riff.

Soeaking of which, the new Mega Drive single drops today, and sounds like it should be great from the sample.

Song of the Day...

Droid Bishop - Color (Colour!) & Data

Last edited:

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
My hope is when I share something is that I simply get a reply, lol. Know there are varied tastes here, and I tend to mostly share the pop sounding stuff, but I do like plenty of the heavier/darker stuff too, depends on my mood too. It's summer time, so I want summer time music :) I'd call myself a metalhead, but it's interesting that I remember loving 80's music before it even registered to me. One of the earliest songs I can remember getting stuck in my head is "Pop Goes The World", which apparently came out in 87, when I was 5.

Keep sharing it all man!

I think summer plus the Stranger Things excitement and stuff had me liking the pop vibe more than usual yesterday.

I'm more of a metal head most days, too. Never got too much into actual 80s music either. One of my big blind spots in music.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Keep sharing it all man!

I think summer plus the Stranger Things excitement and stuff had me liking the pop vibe more than usual yesterday.

I'm more of a metal head most days, too. Never got too much into actual 80s music either. One of my big blind spots in music.

I suppose metal came into my life with rock/grunge and then getting into Metallica, but I have always loved 80's music. I think Mass Effect 1 probably was something that reignited that big synth sound for me.

I just made an edit before seeing this... you might enjoy this album that was mentioned recently...