• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Hehe, that Mega Drive track isn't really my thing. It's not bad though.

A couple of releases today, but to not make a list of stuff I'll just post the one I enjoyed the most so far. Only listened through the phone though (really need new headphones).

The new album by Isidor.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
That Isidor album didn't seem to click when I listened a couple weeks ago, but seems actually pretty solid. New release from Earmake, 'Parallels', seems pretty solid too.

Usually want to pick something a litle older for my song of the day choices, but I can't get this Miami Beach Force song out of my head. These vocals make me melt. Problem is I can't find out if she's just a guest on this track, or actually in MBF now and which would mean their future releases should have these great vocals too.

Miami Beach Force - Highlights

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Put $20 into the bundle for the top tier. There are some great albums there and the FLAC's will sound great on my new headphones.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that is a lot of content.

Song of the Day is one of my favourite tracks from that very first compilation...

Rain Sword - Heart of Light

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
News of a new Droid Bishop album soon makes me happy.

Song of the Day...

Battlejuice - After Death

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the sharing the samples, yes, everything on that sounds great, so I'm pretty excited.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't checked out any new releases that would steal away from a song of the day, so here we go.

Song of the Day...

A Space Love Adventure - Red Blaze

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
my "new" car still has a tape deck in it, so ive been going on a crazy spree trying to nab up as many synthwave/retrowave/city pop cassettes as i can, and its such a bummer because whenever i find something i think is pretty rad via Bandcamp, inevitably the limited release tapes are sold out. i sometimes have luck via Discogs (where i nabbed a Macross 82-99 AMMA for pretty cheap), but man. i know i can just get one of those tape deck adapters to play music from my phone or something, but its not the same as pulling a tape from the center console and stabbing it into the deck.

anyone have some recs for maybe lesser known but really solid synth or city pop-esque albums with cassettes still available? as much as i love it, im looking less for darkwave or harder cyberpunky synth, and more poppy, funky stuff. for instance, that Lost Outrider's Heart posted above is a jammer (of course, sold out :( by the time i saw it), L8 NITE TV by Crystal Cola, and CITY DRIVE II by Groove FM its summer and i need some good window-down, hair-in-the-wind sunny-day tunes to cruise to.
It looks like The Midnight just restocked some of their tapes.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Hope at least one person is enjoying these song of the day entries.

Song of the Day...

Cloud Battalion - Heat

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Hope at least one person is enjoying these song of the day entries.

I usually listen to them at least once :) On vacation now this week though so won't listen to the once posted in the coming days. But when I get home.

Most of them are great. I'd prefered Loosing sleep from Freeweights though. :)

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I usually listen to them at least once :) On vacation now this week though so won't listen to the once posted in the coming days. But when I get home.

Most of them are great. I'd prefered Loosing sleep from Freeweights though. :)

Yes, I was debating between a few different Freeweights tracks :) As long as I know someone is checking them out!

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Came to just post the very same thing. Should be fantastic.

It's kinda insane this has come out before a new FM-84 album.

Moldiver

Nov 1, 2017
Scotland
Haven't posted here in a bit, mostly lurking, I just signed to Future 80's records and re-released my ep and soon to be out on CD which is kind of crazy for me. Making the New Retro Wave top 10 and being singed are things I never thought would happen when I started mucking around with synths 18 months ago. Here is my EP if anyone fancies a listen!

Don - Virtual

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Ollie Wride's new album should be out in about 15 minutes. If you want some tapes or vinyls, I'd probably get them sooner rather than later.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome Moldiver congrats!

There's a bunch of great releases out today, wow. Albums from Ollie Wride, Missing Words, bunch of fun new singles. New track from The Motion Epic.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Been abroad for the week, just came home and ton of stuff to do, so havn't been able to listen to much of the new releases (and not much at all in full)... but don't miss Six Leaves Left album released some days ago. Most of the tracks are pretty good.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Still need to listen to most of last weeks releases in full, with good sound. Another track released last week...

Another great one from him.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that new track from SURGE is pretty good.

Song of the day...

Speed Limits - Feel So Good

Moldiver

Nov 1, 2017
Scotland
Been listening to a ton of Noir Deco recently, I'm working on some more upbeat stuff that transfers well to a live setting but damn do I wanna do another cinematic ep and add in some cyberpunk style sounds!

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing solo album from Ollie, "I'm A Believer" is epic.

This Magic Dance EP was just recommended to me, and it slaps. Great pop rock.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a believer is probably my favourite track too. If you're unaware, Magic Dance have released a few full length albums! Check em out Channel5News

Fun track here from Maico and this video is slick as hell.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
While I love FM-84 and Ollie Wride as a singer his solo material isn't really for me. Bring me back to life is pretty good and the best track of the album, and I really like The Driver though since earlier. Hopefully they finish the FM-84 album soon now. Bend and Break is one of the best songs so far this year.

Today is the day, btw.

Ironically while having vacation I can't listen as much to all the music as when I work.