• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Party sounds like 'normal' synth like Solitary Experiments but with retro sound. Wich isn't bad at all. I guess it is because of the vocals I think so.

In other new(s)...

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna check that Supercell EP out later, thanks for the tips.

Guess I have to return the favour.

Very gamey or 16bit akin to Waveshaper, wich I like, and it's quite good.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Another new track from Surge and it's great. Quickly becoming a favourite of mine. I listen to the Lost Universe duology all the time.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Hey, I was expecting that one tomorrow and the bandcamp page also says 20th as release date. Well, it's 20th in parts of the globe I guess.

Yeah it's great. I don't think he has made a bad track at all, some are just slightly better and thai one is in his upper tier.

Moldiver

Nov 1, 2017
Scotland
There's far too much stuff for me to always share. Seriously all I do is browse bandcamp with the synthwave tag, and click on what looks like it has some production value and away I go.

Enjoying this release from Xennon.

Xenon I s good people, his spotify playlist has boosted a ton of artists.

My ep is on the cusp of hitting the first page in the Synthwave chart on bandcamp, crazy!

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I had tickets for that Outland show. Just was dealing with some stuff and didn't go.

This track from MicroMatscenes is basically on repeat for me. When that guitar lick cuts in... beautiful.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
New EPs from Powercyan (awesome so far), Wolf & Raven (edit 2: ... not bad, but not great), and Myrone (hope it's more rockin..) catch my interest today + whatever else I dig up. Oh and a new Caspro release.

Last edited:

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
If I am to add anything my favorite release today probably is the new Ace Marino song Spaces.

Edit: I missed that The Midnight remix album was out, it isn't on Spotify afaik. So thanks alr1ght for mentioning it.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
If I am to add anything my favorite release today probably is the new Ace Marino song Spaces.

Edit: I missed that The Midnight remix album was out, it isn't on Spotify afaik. So thanks alr1ght for mentioning it.

Amazing! Adding this to my playlists!

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
The new Trevor Something is amazing.

I guess Mega Drive's album is the big release today, though I still need to listen to it.

I like this release too...

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New Trevor Something track is fantastic.

Also holy shit finally a proper studio version of Hunters in the new Power Glove EP?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
New Gost wasn't great. There's some good stuff on there, but his black metal sort of additions don't work that well a lot of the time because they're really fucking bland. I actually really like black metal so I should like this but overall it doesn't work with the exception of a few tracks.

New Mega Drive is pretty cool.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
While I like some poppier tracks that wasn't really my cup of tea, so I'm gonna raise you something not that well produced, with much less going on. But, some great melodic compositions.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I checked out that album before and it didn't click. I'll have to give it another shot.

New Scandroid single released...

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017

It's with a heavy heart I would like to announce the end to the Futurecop! Journey. I will be retiring from music.
Futurecop! meant a lot to me, it was more than just a musical project, it was my friend. It helped me grow up from when I was 23 to 37. It was my friend I can escape into another universe, who would listen to me and make me feel I was okay. It helped me keep my innocence, when surrounded by the trials and tribulations of growing up.
However I feel I have come to the stage that I need to move on, because I have changed so much and my feelings, needs and views are so different to me 10 years ago & so carrying on would be lying to Futurecop! and to myself. It is time to let go, and sometimes those we love in life, we must let go.
I don't want to look or escape into the past anymore I want to focus on the present. I guess I'm getting more mature.
Though musically it's over I feel we all have a Futurecop! within us that takes us to a time and place even for a moment that's filled with the joy and happiness, we felt as a child. Something we need something like this, as we grow and come of age to adulthood.
Thank you to all those who showed interest in Futurecop! Labels, publishers, managers, agents, bands, writers, interviewers, directors, illustrators and blogs. Even those that we fell out with, I learned a lot from you too. If I ever hurt or upset anyone, I'm forever sorry. The experiences of the ups & downs was beautiful and made me who I am today. Thanks also to Niko our manager for his trust and patience. Most of all thanks to my friend Peter Carrol. What a journey man, it was like a dream!
Thanks to all the fans, the touching letters and emails I recieve about how much they love the music and how much its helped them in life. To know that this music touches people like that makes me feel that out of all the things I've done in my life Futurecop! was worth it!
My last gig will be in London 24th October, Electrowerkz, 7pm
Last singles will be "Against the Tide" and "Let Go (Acoustic)" Thank you Futurecop! I will always love you, maybe we will meet in another life, till then good bye my friend

Manzur Iqbal

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked Groupees, there's a Beyond Synth bundle that ends tomorrow which includes FM Attack's latest album, Auto Radio by Vincenzo Salvia, and Electric Dragon's Covenant among others:

There's also a darksynth bundle in pre-sales (goes live tomorrow) and while it doesn't show a list of albums, the key art is of that new Destryur album:

Oct 27, 2017
So I used to listen to a lot of Synthwave a few years ago, but fell completely out of the loop. I've started back up again, but have found that a lot of the "heavier" stuff I used to like doesn't do anything for me now. Carpenter Brut, Pertubrator etc.

I'm after more stuff like the Drive soundtrack. Much more chilled and I'm OK with vocals. Any recommendations? Upbeat is fine too, just not too heavy. I've honestly no idea where to start.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
So I used to listen to a lot of Synthwave a few years ago, but fell completely out of the loop. I've started back up again, but have found that a lot of the "heavier" stuff I used to like doesn't do anything for me now. Carpenter Brut, Pertubrator etc.

I'm after more stuff like the Drive soundtrack. Much more chilled and I'm OK with vocals. Any recommendations? Upbeat is fine too, just not too heavy. I've honestly no idea where to start.

Without diving into the poppier 80s stuff:

GUNSHIP by Gunship
Starfighter by Night Runner
Kalax by Kalax
Parralel Lives by Meteor
Join Us by Le Matos

That's a good start.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
New single from The Motion Epic is awesome.

So is the new single from Droid Bishop. And the morgan willis single. Bunch of good stuff.

Last edited: