• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Surge released the video for one of the tracks on his upcoming EP ahead of time.

I think you'll like it Shane :) Great as always.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Hell Yeah I love it. Great track. Surge is quite possibly my favourite artist in synthwave.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Yes I saw that earlier. Not yet on Spotify though. I listened to it on Youtube earlier while working so I have to give it a listen later with better headphones.

As usual it's great. Surge kind of does his own thing and he does it very well. Not many of his songs have hit potential but the sound and melodies are some of the best. It just tickles some nostalgia vibes really well.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the vocal tracks could certainly get a bit more notice, but ah well.

PRIZM presents their love letter to The Midnight and FM-84...

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I like that more than any of the tracks on the new Midnight Remixed.

Their EP is pretty good.

It is really good.

Bunch of good stuff today too.

New single from Star Cassette is wonderful.

My goodness she (Celina Ryden) is lovely.

Next up is listening to the new album from The Abyss.

Last edited:

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
Long story short, the track here is buy a younger guy who just had a massive amount of surgery to try and remove cancer. Used to do metal, after being released decided a change of pace. Pretty banging track. Reminds me of Power Gloves early stuff.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah this is fantastic. Great new album from The Abyss.

Finally got the time to listen to this fully, and with good sound, and I agree that it's a very good album with some great songs. Especially Ruptured, which is the best song on the album.

Some other stuff released recently I liked...

From yesterday:

From three days ago: the album/EP is just okey, but Eclipse is great.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw The Midnight live in Gothenburg and they were so fucking divine. Wish they played Crystalline but it was a fantastic experience aside from that. Their sax player literally entered the crowd during the solo for Vampires and played right next to me.

My friend was also moved to tears by Los Angeles and America 2. Full blown crying after the concert, he couldn't really put into words the reaction outside of how emotional those songs made him (considering the themes of those songs). I'd never seen him react like that to anything before, music really is something special.

Overall an incredible experience

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
A Turbo Knight / Straplocked colab? Hell yeah.

Man there is so much stuff out today. Betamaxx, Magic Sword.

Last edited:

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
Even though it's been on EPII, I would have loved for them to include Motorcycle Cop. I still fondly remember them releasing it before Halloween years ago!

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Last Saturday I went to Perturbator's concert in Cluj. It's a shame their trailer broke down which caused mass delay and The Algorithm opening act was canceled but the actual main event was as awesome as ever. I love this guy's work so fucking much.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Sophomore album from Tonebox just dropped!

Edit: and Magic Sword is live!

Last edited:

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts

I recently discovered Wolfclub on Google Music.

Quality stuff! I lean more towards the melody & vocal heavy end of the synthwave spectrum (The Midnight, Bad Dreamers, Anoraak, Magic Dance, TimeCop1983), so it's right up my alley. Anyone in this thread have any suggestions for acts I might be missing out on?

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
KalBalboa Indeed, plenty of us love WOLFCLUB around here. Check out all their albums. As for something you're missing, I suppose just backtrack in this thread and listen to a lot of stuff people have shared. I post a lot of vocal stuff. Couple quick suggestions... Let's Talk, XENNON, Escape Driver, The Motion Epic, Siamese Youth...

Good sounds on this album from Skykot... edit: it's an ok album, not a bad night drive sort of listen, good chillwave

Last edited:

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
KalBalboa Indeed, plenty of us love WOLFCLUB around here. Check out all their albums. As for something you're missing, I suppose just backtrack in this thread and listen to a lot of stuff people have shared. I post a lot of vocal stuff. Couple quick suggestions... Let's Talk, XENNON, Escape Driver, The Motion Epic, Siamese Youth...

Good sounds on this album from Skykot...

Listening now- thanks!

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I recently discovered Wolfclub on Google Music.

Quality stuff! I lean more towards the melody & vocal heavy end of the synthwave spectrum (The Midnight, Bad Dreamers, Anoraak, Magic Dance, TimeCop1983), so it's right up my alley. Anyone in this thread have any suggestions for acts I might be missing out on?

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
Any UK era members heading to see the midnight on their UK tour in November?
Bristol gig for me and I must say I'm rather fucking excited indeed.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How are Dance With The Dead live? I just learned they're playing near my town this February.