• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The answer to this type of thing is clearly, to have Britain stop accepting refugees into their country.

Its the refugees that are stirring these people up by being around in the same general area, so of course they are the problem

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
There should be a no tolerance policy for this shit. It goes beyond regular bullying and it's shameful that it reaches this point before the school does anything. Jamal and his sister have been bullied constantly and the sister has reportedly tried committing suicide.

Also not sure of how well identifying the bully is going to go down in regards to UK media law and child laws. Obviously, people on Twitter aren't "media" but the kid is going to be subject to torrents of hate (regardless of whether you think it's rightfully justified) for a long long time.
Let me be clear, I have no sympathy for him and his actions are reprehensible. But he's a product of his environment and has the ability to change his attitudes and behaviours as any of us do.
He wont change if his behavior is not addressed. Perhaps naming and shaming will send a message to this kid that the shit he is doing is not ok. He clearly thinks theres nothing wrong with it as he gladly, on camera, attacked a kid half his size who already had a broken arm and was outnumbered. I have no sympathy for bullies. And hearing about this poor kid and his sister being bullied continuously just makes my blood boil.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Exactly. I'm surprised (albeit pleasantly) that so many people are outraged at that behaviour. It sounds like people on here didn't really experience bullying as bad as it can get. The video above wasn't even a fight. Those kind of encounters can really fuck you up mentally though, especially if they repeatedly happen over a period of time. I pray the kind can fight back or the school takes appropriate measures against the bully. A lot of the time, the latter isn't sufficient enough because those 'appropriate measures' aren't adequate enough.
Completely on the money. It's only very recently, 14 years on, that I've managed to break away from a lot of the issues stemming from my time at secondary school, and even then there are elements of me that I don't think I'll ever be able to shake off. I still can't openly talk about any of it without my voice cracking and tears welling and for that I feel damaged whenever it comes up. I still can't not see it as a source of shame and that's fucked up by itself.

The school hasn't done shit until now and wouldn't have done whatever they might do without this getting thrust into the public eye. Heart goes out to what this kid likely has ahead of him from everything he's gone through until now.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The adults share just as much blame, as always with bullying. Children are left alone to cope with harassment, abuse, violence and assault that would be instantly dealt with if it involved adults. It's always amazed me how children, because they are children, will be left to endure all of this. Yet in every way they have less ability to cope with it.

Imagine your coworker being able to break your arm or try to drown you and it being laughed off. It wouldn't happen because adults have rights, and even mild verbal abuse would have quick action taken to oppose it. Yet somehow in many places children don't have this right to their own safety and peace in the same way that adults do.

The parents, the school staff and the police neglected their duty of care. Bullying is never invisible even at the verbal stage, but they let it continue for months rather then reacting with consequences. Punishments, suspensions, expulsions. They let it continue to violence up to breaking the poor boy's arm! That there should have seen charges laid, for the students and their parents. But nope. Then this.

We get as much bullying as the adults are willing to allow. Fuckers.

Last edited:

actthafool

Oct 27, 2017
This is sickening, the school allegedly did nothing when this was first reported. It hits even harder that this kid is from my home town.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Completely on the money. It's only very recently, 14 years on, that I've managed to break away from a lot of the issues stemming from my time at secondary school, and even then there are elements of me that I don't think I'll ever be able to shake off. I still can't openly talk about any of it without my voice cracking and tears welling and for that I feel damaged whenever it comes up. I still can't not see it as a source of shame and that's fucked up by itself.

The school hasn't done shit until now and wouldn't have done whatever they might do without this getting thrust into the public eye. Heart goes out to what this kid likely has ahead of him from everything he's gone through until now.

Ah mate, that stuff lingers on for ages, if not forever. A big part of my personality was shaped by those events. If its any consolation, I know how you feel man.

The kid is a refugee of war so who knows what kind of shit he has endured. I hope he can persevere. Things are actually being reported on his end though which is a great start.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly not surprised about horrific racism from that area of the country, that has been the one major place I've seen people directly confrontational against minorities which made me all the more glad when I left there, fuck Kirklees Council, and the cruelty of those kids is unacceptable.

I hope the victims are able to live somewhere in peace and happiness, it's the least they deserve after all they have been through.

When people ask me about white guilt, I don't point to past figures, I point to what's happening today in my name thanks to these so-called patriots who have poisoned our society more than anyone from a foreign country has done. Fuck those adults who allowed this to happen, it pisses me off.

Oct 29, 2017
Only a matter of time before someone finds this bully and actually beats the shit out of him, we've all seen the news before about bullying, kids taking their own lives cause they can't take it anymore. Someone will find this guy and they will most definitely give him a thumping.

Teachers are useless and turn a blind eye to these things always.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am i a bad man if my primary istinct is to beat the shit out of these assholes??

No. All Britain's First members deserve to get flying kicked, like that time when they tried to cause an issue outside of the East London Mosque and some guy dropped kicked one of them. Fuck 'em.

I'm going to donate to this little kid, this is a disgrace.

Last edited:

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
Nah this shit has to stop. Fuck racists and fuck people who think that they'll change. They wont and it'll only get worse.
I get the anger, and I get why we're predispositioned to think they he'll never change. I'm not saying he will, only that he possess the ability to do so. I've seen and been through school with absolute shit heads and racists who have changed their attitudes and beliefs as they've got older and had their views called out, mainly because outside of their parents they haven't ever been challenged on their shit. I like to think we're in a progressive age where diversity has led to shit like this being less common but unfortunately it happens. Calls for this kid to kill himself and become the subject of life-lasting abuse won't help anyone. I get the eye-for-an-eye but eventually, the whole world goes blind.

It really doesn't. This is literally the face of bullying in schools, and is only a snapshot of one event in a long chain of the same.

Fuck him, because this "long long time" bullshit is nothing compared to the length that the victim will carry their shit for.

I'm inclined to think this is targeted harassment than regular bullying (which I guess I'd define as an asshole being an asshole for the sake of it) but we could get caught up in definitions all day and it doesn't change a thing because they're all horrible. Again I'm sympathetic towards to the victim here and the school should have dealt with this before it's escalated to fucking waterboarding. This isn't the future I want and we've got ways to go in regards to tolerance in our educational establishments. There's no way staff didn't know about this beforehand.

He wont change if his behavior is not addressed. Perhaps naming and shaming will send a message to this kid that the shit he is doing is not ok. He clearly thinks theres nothing wrong with it as he gladly, on camera, attacked a kid half his size who already had a broken arm and was outnumbered. I have no sympathy for bullies. And hearing about this poor kid and his sister being bullied continuously just makes my blood boil.

I agree, and I hope there's some serious meetings between him, family, and the school that clarify that this should not be tolerated anywhere in the country, let alone a school where kids should feel safe regardless of background. But there's a difference between it being addressed and having millions of people talk about and send threats and abuse at you. Is it his own fault? Absolutely, regardless of upbringing, no-one inherently does that shit and thinks it's okay. But I don't think I'm okay with having this kid's name plastered all over social media and the papers that will likely happen over the next few days. I feel like that's only going to fuel his attitudes further.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Ah mate, that stuff lingers on for ages, if not forever. A big part of my personality was shaped by those events. If its any consolation, I know how you feel man.

The kid is a refugee of war so who knows what kind of shit he has endured. I hope he can persevere. Things are actually being reported on his end though which is a great start.
Appreciate that, and sorry you've had to deal with, and are dealing with, it too.

As you say the kid has this on top of everything he's had to experience before even reaching this country. I can't imagine having such a weight and can only respect being able to shoulder it as he/they have. Really hope he sees some light from this, celebrities and figures reaching out to condemn it publicly and offering the family to join them for football matches and the like will hopefully at least show that this isn't taken as normal or accepted on a wider scale.

Part of the issue with bullying is that it's too pervasive within the life of a young person, even more so now with social media. Used to at least be you'd wake up and go through a day of hell but at least be able to escape from it in your room and close your eyes to it until the next morning. Now kids go home and see that shit all through the night. It makes it feel like more of a universal truth when the only people decrying it are your immediate family and close friends. Being able to see the disgust people have for the act, and disdain for the school and bullies might be able to ground it a bit.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
My heart is aching and I am having a hard time containing my anger. I've gone through a lot of shit as a minority growing up in Denmark, but it has never reached the degree of abuse this kid has faced.

I wish the bully and his cohorts all the misery in the world, eat shit.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
That was horrible, felt bad for the kid pinned down. Did the school authorities reprimand the bully?

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expel that fucking piece of shit permanently. No tolerance for racism and consistent bullying.

Just means his rich parents get to send him to another school. There has to be real consequences for the parents. They need to become poor as proper punishment.

I mean, showing love to the victim helps for a bit, but the only way to stop this is by making rich bullies afraid to be bullies.

I went through some shit as a kid, I know how it impacted me, what this kid is receiving is so much worse.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Someone set up a gofundme for him the boy being bullied that is and it is currently at £47,536 of a £50,000 goal, that is so amazing.

I hope the bully receives the correct punishment for what he has done, he wont be able to show his face in public for a good while.

Quick Edit, the gofundme has reached over the £50k goal for Jamal the boy who was being bullied.

Last edited:

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I get the anger, and I get why we're predispositioned to think they he'll never change. I'm not saying he will, only that he possess the ability to do so. I've seen and been through school with absolute shit heads and racists who have changed their attitudes and beliefs as they've got older and had their views called out, mainly because outside of their parents they haven't ever been challenged on their shit. I like to think we're in a progressive age where diversity has led to shit like this being less common but unfortunately it happens. Calls for this kid to kill himself and become the subject of life-lasting abuse won't help anyone. I get the eye-for-an-eye but eventually, the whole world goes blind.

I'm inclined to think this is targeted harassment than regular bullying (which I guess I'd define as an asshole being an asshole for the sake of it) but we could get caught up in definitions all day and it doesn't change a thing because they're all horrible. Again I'm sympathetic towards to the victim here and the school should have dealt with this before it's escalated to fucking waterboarding. This isn't the future I want and we've got ways to go in regards to tolerance in our educational establishments. There's no way staff didn't know about this beforehand.

I agree, and I hope there's some serious meetings between him, family, and the school that clarify that this should not be tolerated anywhere in the country, let alone a school where kids should feel safe regardless of background. But there's a difference between it being addressed and having millions of people talk about and send threats and abuse at you. Is it his own fault? Absolutely, regardless of upbringing, no-one inherently does that shit and thinks it's okay. But I don't think I'm okay with having this kid's name plastered all over social media and the papers that will likely happen over the next few days. I feel like that's only going to fuel his attitudes further.
I highly doubt the bully will suffer life long abuse. People will move on and find something else to focus on, but right now he needs to be called out for this shit. He and others like him need it to be loud and clear that this shit is not ok. If his feelings get hurt, good he fucking deserves it, he is a bully. If he changes his behaviour, good he fucking should. Let this be a fucking wake up call.

Unfortunately it may take the victim of bullying longer to move on. Judging by his reaction he has already built up and acceptance of being bullied which really breaks my heart. He needs support right now because its too easy to think the world is shit when this is your reality.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Someone set up a gofundme for him and it is currently at £47,536 of a £50,000 goal, that is so amazing.

I hope the bully receives the correct punishment for what he has done, he wont be able to show his face in public for a good while.

It's West Yorkshire, the bully will be thrown a parade.

I don't know if it's legit, but one of those tweets has a post where it's claimed his sister tried to commit suicide in the school because of the bullying she was receiving too and the teachers did nothing.

If that's true and the part where the kids broke his arm are true too, people need to lose their jobs.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but Im not making it a competition.

Except you are?

I can relate to that kid and been in countless of those kinds of situations. I went through that shit on almost daily basis- its why I made the comment; holding out hope for him because if I went through worse then IA he can persevere through it too)

I'm sorry you had to go through that but don't do that shit, the fact you were mentally strong to endure through those awful times does not mean anyone else can, no matter how their situation compares to yours. You don't know what other stuff he's gone through, neither at school nor at home, and that's without mentioning the time in his country of origin, his personality, his mental health, etc.

You don't know shit about him, basically, so don't make assumptions, even if you went through something similar.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Glad that video was made so it can be nipped in the bud and not escalate further (if the school is competent). Now charge that kid or his parents with some shit. Real consequences need to happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
It's West Yorkshire, the bully will be thrown a parade.

I don't know if it's legit, but one of those tweets has a post where it's claimed his sister tried to commit suicide in the school because of the bullying she was receiving too and the teachers did nothing.

If that's true and the part where the kids broke his arm are true too, people need to lose their jobs.
Man if that is true about his sister added to what happened to the boy that really just shows how awful that school really is, and like you say the teachers who ignored this need to lose their jobs.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017

Considering his mother and older brother have been arrested previously for racially charged incidents, I'm sure this will do wonders.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
this was probably planned, seeing as someone was already filming

things like this go on all over the country. this school might do something thanks to all the pressure from social media, but if this hadn't blown up we'd likely see nothing done

hopefully the other kids at the school will be encouraged to stand up to bullying

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
No go ahead and spit it out. What is so obvious? If anyone can relate to this kid its me. Answer the question.

I'm guessing you're trying to imply that I'm sympathising with the bully somehow? If so, you're an idiot.

I was nearly drowned in a pool by racists (it was far more horrific than this but Im not making it a competition. I can relate to that kid and been in countless of those kinds of situations. I went through that shit on almost daily basis- its why I made the comment; holding out hope for him because if I went through worse then IA he can persevere through it too) I was systematically bullied, chucked in a bin and thrown down a flight of stairs, got beaten up in large groups multiple times, sometimes having to fight 3/4 times a day in manner of brutal fights. Now what about you? What have you endured? Got your arm broken by some bullies?

You made a post about his bullying not really being that bad.

Nov 18, 2017
It's a separate issue touched on this thread. But the lawlessness that goes on in secondary schools in the UK is something that as a country we just turn a blind eye to. None of the media coverage touches it and the dramatic portrayals of school life in our media sugar coat it to the extreme. It's an environment where the adults cannot or will not protect you. I think comparisons with prison are apt.

Oct 30, 2017
The guy in social media exposed the bullys name, Facebook page, school.

Not a good look on what's most likely going to happen next.

Remember this happened before a racist was exposed spread like wildfire with the Asian community in the area. Let's just say the racist didn't have a good month after he was exposed.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
considering the rabbit hole this racist bully has gone down (britain first and all that), I don't expect him to better himself in the future.

the school needs to make an example out of him.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Remember this happened before a racist was exposed spread like wildfire with the Asian community in the area. Let's just say the racist didn't have a good month after he was exposed.
Good.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Part of the issue with bullying is that it's too pervasive within the life of a young person, even more so now with social media. Used to at least be you'd wake up and go through a day of hell but at least be able to escape from it in your room and close your eyes to it until the next morning. Now kids go home and see that shit all through the night. It makes it feel like more of a universal truth when the only people decrying it are your immediate family and close friends. Being able to see the disgust people have for the act, and disdain for the school and bullies might be able to ground it a bit.

Yeah this is a big game changer as far as bullying is concerned. With social media, that stuff follows you round 24/7. It must be overwhelming for kids being bullied these days. When you hear about kids as young as 11 committing suicide; its just heartbreaking. At least this has more positive social media attention.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia

Well, he'll have a taste of the treatment he gave to that poor kid for who knows how long...

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
My rational mind says, "Sucks it had to be this way (kid getting exposed)" But honestly with the school/law doing nothing, parents and siblings enabling the behavior vs a kid getting continually assaulted? Unleash the hounds. While people are giving ancedotes of people changing their behavior in adulthood, I know too many assholes who haven't (and even in their assholeness ain't torture nobody).

Fuck him

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure he will endure WAY less than a broken fucking arm and having his neck grabbed, pushed on the ground and having water poured in his nose. Maybe some public ridicule will be good for the little shit.

Update: Bully arrested.

Teenager to be charged over attack on 15-year-old Syrian refugee at Huddersfield school
http://news.sky.com/story/teenager-...yrian-refugee-at-huddersfield-school-11565883

Good. I hope they aren't light on him either.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Good he's being charged but he's just a symptom.

This is a shit, horrible, mean spirited country that's almost certainly going down the tubes because of xenophobes and racists like this idiot.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a shit, horrible, mean spirited country that's almost certainly going down the tubes because of xenophobes and racists like this idiot.
The country has been like that since forever, it's the default status for many, the big difference now is that Brexit and Trump have given people a platform for views that would have been keep behind closed doors 10 years ago.