• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Still can't believe this is a thing tbh, with Warren Spector working on it no less. Truly the gen of dreams.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how "rpgish" like the second one this one will be.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So happy, and horrified, to see Cortex Reavers again.

latest

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Nice! For some reason I have always had this rendition of a concept art for Shodan stuck in my head:

WzN4Lay.jpg

You can really sense the malice of the entity.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what they're going to do with the story. Are they just recapitulating the second game?
OUR FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS made me feel this might be a larger scale story than the ones before, where the stakes are more transparently high.

Doesn't seem like they're carrying it in a particularly new bent though, and I'm okay with that. SHODAN was always the best at being a menacing villain over a complex one.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like what the recent Prey "reboot" would have been had they been using the System Shock IP - ironic considering how much that game is inspired by System Shock in the first place. The progress since the earlier showings is very noticeable, keeping an eye on this.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
WHAT

I did not know Spector was working on this.

Ok, GOTY whenever it releases.

you trusting spector that much? his last two games were mediocre at best and i know this is not the same team but otherside also made the catastrophe that was underworld ascendant. on top of that starbreeze probably pulled all their funding back so i'm not even sure if SS3 has any chance of being good. i don't want to be disappointed.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like what the recent Prey "reboot" would have been had they been using the System Shock IP - ironic considering how much that game is inspired by System Shock in the first place. The progress since the earlier showings is very noticeable, keeping an eye on this.
Yes, it feels very familiar after playing Prey. I wonder what they're planning to do to distinguish themselves. That music certainly isn't helping, but after the SS1 remake went for an orchestral soundtrack as well, I suppose it was too much to ask to hope that they'd keep the electronica of the two original games.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
From the creative minds behind Epic Mickey 2 and Underworld Ascendant

please be good
Underworld was made by another team at Otherside. Warren Spectre seems to have gotten himself into another IonStorm situation where his team is separate from the shenanigans of the main team, hopefully he can pull off another deus ex here, so to speak..
I like what I'm seeing from that trailer

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
OMG. It looks fucking amazing. It's the sequel to one of my all time favorite games. It's the only PC game that is always installed on my PC.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
God, I wanted to believe in Underworld: Ascendant so much. This really looks great though. That robot enemy with just a flayed torso hanging from it is really disturbing.