JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Pretty historic moment. System Shock has never been on consoles, right? No ports ever?

Will definitely be checking this out. Was looking at the IGN review earlier and this seems to be a great remake. Faithful with just enough tweaks.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I backed it on KS and selected ps4 version way before ps5 even existed. I've asked them about this with every KS update but they never reply.

They never reply to anything. I mailed them at every possible address for months trying to get them to change my backing from the PS version to the PC version.

I lucked out right after release where an employee on their discord switched my reward for me. And like 5 minutes after they did that for me another employee I had messaged previously finally responded to my message and told me it was "impossible" to switch the reward SKU.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I can't believe I pledged $150 for this. I dunno what came over me. I'm a poor person! Nothing's shipped yet. Did anybody go higher? Wild that there's a physical PC steelbook with a disc.

+ Big Box Collector's Edition:
→ Soundtrack
→ Tri-Optimum Handbook
→ Tri-Optimum Crew Patch
→ Tri-Optimum Crew Pin
→ Repair-Bot Figurine
→ Steel DVD Case with the Game (PC)
+ Cyborg Enforcer Forum Badge
+ Cyborg Enforcer Credit In The Game
+ Exclusive Access to Developer Forums

You will also Receive:
+ Digital Collector's Edition (Choice of Supported Platform)
+ Exclusive Access to Closed Beta (Steam)
+ Digital Copies of:
→ System Shock Enhanced (2015) (PC)
→ System Shock 2 (1999) (PC)

misho8723

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
They said this months ago. Still nothing.

Yeah, what an absolutele BS.. Nightdive Studios are fucking worst when it comes to the communication with their community and this fiasco with the 1.2 patch is embarassing..
Since August of last year they are saying that the 1.2 patch is releasing in the near future and it's already March of 2024.. fucking hell

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Does this game hold up? and is it better than 2, which should I play? Never played any and I know it inspired one of my fave games of all time Bioshock.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Does this game hold up? and is it better than 2, which should I play? Never played any and I know it inspired one of my fave games of all time Bioshock.

This is a modernized remake, so it'll probably hold up better than 2, or 2's upcoming Enhanced Edition

System Shock Enhanced Edition (the OG but just made playable on modern PCs) arguably does not hold up, but is still worth a try when it goes on sale, which is often

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
This is a modernized remake, so it'll probably hold up better than 2, or 2's upcoming Enhanced Edition

System Shock Enhanced Edition (the OG but just made playable on modern PCs) arguably does not hold up, but is still worth a try when it goes on sale, which is often

Ahhh fair, defo gonna give it a go then, the remake. Thanks.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Bear in mind that System Shock is a very different beast compared to the Im-Sim genre that spawned from it. It's much more of a classic dungeon crawler RPG in many ways. It's still good, and you can see what lead to BioShock, but they're further apart than you'd think.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Remake was incredible and glad console only peeps finally get to play it and experience the goat villian Shodan for the first time. Some of her lines will send shivers down your spine, combination of good writing and incredible voice acting

Didn't realize there were patch issues with the pc version because I finished it ages ago. Happily

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Have they clarified the PS4-PS5 situation? When you had to choose a platform on Kickstarter, PS5 didn't exist.

(Based on skimming the thread a bit, looks like a no.)

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I backed and got the PS4 version years ago. Is the PS5 version free then?
I backed it on KS and selected ps4 version way before ps5 even existed. I've asked them about this with every KS update but they never reply.

Latest update had this clarification.
Purchasing the digital PS4 or PS5 copy will entitle you to both generational copies. Likewise, purchasing the digital Xbox One or Series X|S versions will grant you access to both via Smart Delivery.

Mar 17, 2024
Gonna get this day one. Looking forward to revisit this classic with the significant improved visuals. My most-anticipated release in the short-term.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
This is coming out next week, are they going to give details on the console versions?

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Completely forgot I backed this for Xbox.

I take it we haven't received codes yet? It doesn't say they are available on the Backer Kit page for me.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
To echo some comments earlier er in the thread, this games surprisingly different to the sequel. I'd played the sequel several times and found this very different experience.

There's a doom like quality to it imo, crossed with a dungeon crawler. A lot of combat, labyribthian levels, etc etc.