• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Just like Borderlands 3, Private Division games are exclusive to EGS for only 6 months and not 12 months like the majority of other exclusive titles on EGS

...We ask after his thoughts on the Epic exclusivity of that title and others from the Private Division label. "Well, we're still on Steam with other titles, we'll be on Steam with those titles after the exclusivity period, which is about six months. So I think our view is more choices to get to the consumer better and we wanted to be supportive as Epic launched its store," he replies.

MCVUK

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
More choices LOL.

Talk about solving a problem you created in the first place.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Drive-by trolling
So what they are saying is that the game has been delayed for 6 months on PC. Well, good to know at least.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Epic are not slowing down. They're throwing fortnite money at this which will keep coming for years. But if this store starts bringing in good revenue they might start using that money to keep these exclusives coming for a long time.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
BronsonLee mentioned that Epic will continue doing this for 3-5 years. I do believe him, as long as the Fortnite money well doesn't dry up, which doesn't seem likely any time soon.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Don't forget that The Outer Worlds will be day ONE on the Windows Store

images

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Keep burning through your money Epic so these games can get released on Steam with the inevitable patches included later on.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
BronsonLee mentioned that Epic will continue doing this for 3-5 years. I do believe him, as long as the Fortnite money well doesn't dry up, which doesn't seem likely any time soon.

they'll cherry pick the most noteworthy games but theres no way they'll keep up the actual games market , theres just far too much for them to moneyhat

and then again, they'll have no idea whats going to be the next hot thing before its actually released.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Just like Borderlands 3, Private Division games are exclusive to EGS for only 6 months and not 12 months like the majority of other exclusive titles on EGS

MCVUK

it'd be nice if anyone in these situations would just say "they gave us a ton of cash upfront and as a business, I can't pass that up. It's will be on Steam later." The tired PR babble about "choice" and whatnot is just insulting.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
And by then the Epic Store will be bringing in a ton of money by itself so if they wanted they could reinvest that to get even more exclusives.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
If they just start lowering the exclusivity window to 6 months then I have no reason to worry. 6 months is nothing to me.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
And by then the Epic Store will be bringing in a ton of money by itself so if they wanted they could reinvest that to get even more exclusives.
How come? 12% isn't a lot of money, especially if the sales in EGS are still low. And they still need to address many issues like... no shopping cart. And if Fortnite slows down, their main source of income will become the Unreal Engine royalties again.

Epic can only afford this because of Fortnite. Without it, no exclusives. Else, they would have tried to do it before Fortnite Battle Royale was released.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Sweet, that's six months of not getting my money. Should make for a good sale price.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
The low cut would probably make that pretty hard - even more so with maintenance costs for features which they plan to but havent even implemented yet.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Lmao they can't even get the time frame right, preorder numbers must have been awful

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
For all these timed exclusives, I'm sure they will still be charging full price on Steam release, too.

Mr. Spoons

Alt Account
Apr 20, 2019
I like that these people keep straight up lying about why they went to Epic. For us consumers, huh? Sheesh.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
As a gamer who does not currently play on PC, I have a question.

What is the difference between MS and Sony having an exclusive versus Steam or EGS? I guess I'm just trying to understand why EGS is receiving heavy backlash when platform holders have been doing exclusives forever. In my mind, Steam has no more right to ownership on the PC platform than EGS.

If this is the wrong thread for my question, I apologize. I'm not trying to detail any topic, I'm just trying to understand.