MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
UPDATE:

More sales are coming on June 28 and July 19!

To celebrate the legacy of Xbox 360, we're working with our amazing publishing partners to bring you as many price reductions from our online store or from the Xbox 360 Store on the console. We'll be updating this list with more games on June 18, 2024, and on July 16, 2024, bringing you as many repriced games as possible before the end of July.

------------------------------

www.trueachievements.com

Rare Xbox 360 sale features over 60 games to grab before store shutdown

With the Xbox 360 store closure set for July, a new, unexpected sale on non-backwards compatible Xbox 360 games has just gone live.

Out of nowhere, a special non-backwards compatible Xbox 360 games sale has gone live, giving players a chance to grab 360 games before they're delisted ahead of the Xbox 360 Store closure in July.

Other than the odd game here or there, it's pretty rare to see non-backwards compatible Xbox 360 games go on sale, so this is quite exciting. Over 60 games have been discounted, including a fair few games that are digital only and will be delisted when the Xbox 360 store shuts down in under three months.

We're not sure how long exactly this sale will last, so make sure you're quick! It's also worth noting here that some of these games might not be for sale/discounted in your region.
Not a lot of interesting games but lets hope more of these go on sale before July 29!

Person picks:

- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements 80% off
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men 80% off
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 90% off

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This illustrates how good a job they did with the BC library, because there isn't a single game here I feel a huge desire to play

Oct 27, 2017
Tempted to buy Rise of The Tomb Raider. Obviously it looks and runs better on modern hardware but that 360 version is a minor technical miracle.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Wish PSO Ep I&II was BC compatible...
Not on the list either way, but this reminded me of the fact.

Ayumu

May 10, 2024
Shame neither Eternal Sonata or The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena are there.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Crazy question, but would buying Just Dance 360 games somehow add tracks to the next versions with some kind of export process?

Sep 29, 2019
Definitely some nice games there. Not the most amazing collection but there are a few that caught my eye... Especially for the prices

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that Fighters Uncaged is on this list, and I really hope that we see sales on digital only Kinect required games before this goes down. Those are the games that are the least likely to ever really be preserved in any way once the shop goes down, and the stuff that generally is going to be the least desired stuff to focus on preservation for

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm happy that Fighters Uncaged is on this list, and I really hope that we see sales on digital only Kinect required games before this goes down. Those are the games that are the least likely to ever really be preserved in any way once the shop goes down, and the stuff that generally is going to be the least desired stuff to focus on preservation for
Mini Ninjas Adventures is also an arcade kinect game on the list, real cheap too. Not sure if its decent.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Rise of the Tomb Raider on 360 is an incredible, practically miraculous port, and is very much worth checking out on those grounds.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Zeit^2 and Yar's Revenge were in my wish list and cost a grand total of $3 so no big loss if I never get around to them. Turns out it was a good idea to wait a bit with the Xbox 360 panic purchases in the end.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Consider getting Black Knight Sword if you're at all interested in Grasshopper/Suda51

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Spent a lot of (rewards) money into non-BC games because I honestly didn't think they would actually discount them. And even then I wasn't trusting the store at all after all those surprise delistings that happened since last year

Luckily the only one I already bought out of those games on sale is Dark Messiah, there are a few I'm interested in that I wouldn't have bought at full price though so cool. I hope they'll do more since that's a very small selection

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Tempted to pick up Alone in the Dark (2008). I think I played a demo and never got around to the game.

This was probably it: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2008/08/04/demo-alone-in-the-dark-demo/

Then again after reading this Reddit post, maybe I shouldn't bother:

Playing the demo is enough tbh. The soundtrack is a banger though.
I bought it, hoping it would become BC at some point. :/

Apr 24, 2024
Oh shit, is that the same Dark Messiah? The Arkane one?
I think the console port is not quite the same game or not as good. There was a huge disparity in review scores between the 2 IIRC.

I held onto by copy of Buffy and Dreamfall just in case they ever got moved to the XB1 but alas. Obviously the license is the issue for Buffy, not sure what the problem was for Dreamfall.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
JFC I just paid full price for Dogfight 1942 like a couple days ago as one of the ones I wanted to get before the closure.
Hit up support chat if you haven't played it yet. They'll probably refund it so you can buy it again, though it might be different because its the 'old' Store. Can't hurt to try though.
Shouldn't even have to go through support. The non-BC games I bought today are showing in my list of available refunds:

Xbox Support

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
I think the console port is not quite the same game or not as good. There was a huge disparity in review scores between the 2 IIRC.

I held onto by copy of Buffy and Dreamfall just in case they ever got moved to the XB1 but alas. Obviously the license is the issue for Buffy, not sure what the problem was for Dreamfall.

Thanks for the info. I'm locked out of my 360 anyway so this saves me from having to figure that out.

May 3, 2024
I hope to see more of these in the run up to the store closing, it reminds me of that magical year (2013-214) in the PS3 era when the Store was winding down and there was weekly flash sales where dozens of games would be on sale for $1 apiece.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Tempted to pick up Alone in the Dark (2008). I think I played a demo and never got around to the game.

This was probably it: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2008/08/04/demo-alone-in-the-dark-demo/

If you want to play Alone in the Dark, the best way is the updated PS3 version. Not sure if I would fully call it a good game, but it's certainly an interesting one. And I do not regret playing it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
www.trueachievements.com

Rare Xbox 360 sale features over 60 games to grab before store shutdown

With the Xbox 360 store closure set for July, a new, unexpected sale on non-backwards compatible Xbox 360 games has just gone live.

Nothing too crazy but Dark Messiah has recently been going up in price physically, so this would be a good grab if you're interested in playing this not on PC.

Also a lot of historical lows that would be cheaper than even buying these games as a loose CD.

Xbox 360 Games

ProductSale PriceDiscount
Alien Rage90%
Alone In The Dark (2008)75%
ArcaniA: Gothic 475%
1 unobtainable achievement
Black Knight Sword75%
Bloody Good Time80%
Child of Light80%
CloudBerry Kingdom80%
Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon75%
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements80%
Dogfight 194290%
Enemy Front90%
Fantastic Pets75%
Far Cry 480%
Fighters Uncaged80%
Final Exam67%
Fireburst90%
Geon: Emotions85%
Handball 1690%
IHF Handball Challenge 1490%
Hunter's Trophy 2 America90%
Hunter's Trophy 2 Australia90%
Just Dance 201680%
18 unobtainable achievements
Just Dance 201880%
17 unobtainable achievements
Just Dance 201980%
Just Dance 201580%
18 unobtainable achievements
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men85%
Legend of Kay - Anniversary75%
Mini Ninjas Adventures85%
Motionsports Adrenaline80%
11 unobtainable achievements
Motionsports80%
Murdered: Soul Suspect85%
MX vs. ATV Supercross75%
My Body Coach 390%
Panzer General: Allied Assault80%
PowerUp Heroes80%
Puzzle Arcade85%
Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show80%
Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking80%
2 unobtainable achievements
Rise of the Tomb Raider80%
Risen 3: Titan Lords75%
Risk80%
Risk: Urban Assault80%
3 unobtainable achievements
Rotastic80%
Self-Defense Training Camp80%
Sniper: Ghost Warrior90%
Snipers90%
Star Raiders80%
The Book of Unwritten Tales 275%
The Escapists85%
THIEF85%
Tomb Raider75%
Trials Fusion80%
Valiant Hearts: The Great War80%
War World80%
Watch_Dogs80%
6 unobtainable achievements
Worms: Revolution50%
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem75%
WRC 590%
Yar's Revenge80%
Zeit²80%
Zombie Driver HD

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

While not at all what you asked, AitD 2008 is worth playing on the PS3. Really unique game if you can look over some obvious flaws. The updated camera helps as well.

Feb 27, 2019
Any recs here? I'm a huge 360 head and have a list of non BC games I'd like to buy before the shutdown but none of the games I'm curious about are in here and honestly nothing is calling out to me on this list.