1. The problem is that those in hiring positions aren't competent.

2. Usyren

Usyren

No. The first season pass sold extremely well from what I remember, it was why we were getting the second season pass.

3. DecoReturns

DecoReturns

Oh. Interesting.

Guess we’ll find out soon enough

4. Gun

Gun

Guys, the streaming is live now and they're still announcing other stuff

It' wasn't "All the DLC are canceled and Tabata was fired. Bye"

5. Barkspawn

Barkspawn

They should just beg the Gooch to come back for another game.

6. Wolf

Wolf

It's a fucking terrible look that the two episodes that would have presumably had female leads were cancelled.

7. JB2448

JB2448

8. Zolbrod

Zolbrod

It happens.
    Some directors walk out on projects that barely started so they can do their own thing. It's easier to leave when things are still in an early phase.

9. Isayas

Isayas

I'm so dead right now. Only Square Enix would do something this awful. I swear they are worst than EA. I think they are the worst gaming company ever..

10. Mr. Tibbs

Mr. Tibbs

I just can't understand why they chose to stream that? So weird!

11. Exentryk

Exentryk

Good riddance. Might actually look at their new IP now.

12. The Silver

The Silver

What the fuck, someone get Ja Rule on the line to make sense of this shit for me.

13. Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Why are people bringing up DLC sales, if anything it has to do with the new IP.

14. Riversands

Riversands

People are talking about losses, what losses? Did i miss something

15. sredgrin

sredgrin

Jeff Sessions "resigned" today too.

Resigning is often a political move. With the way this is being handled, he was forced to resign.

16. cwistofu

cwistofu

There's zero indication that the cancelations had anything to do with "oh no girls"

17. Nomura will like to say best of luck Tabata on your future endeavors.

18. Xenosaga

Xenosaga

they always have to bring in Nomura for everything :P

19. LuuKyK

LuuKyK

What the fuck? Were there any signs of this happening at all?

Square Enix [​IMG]

20. Inuhanyou

Inuhanyou

It really was a bad investment. That's why nomura and co had to jump from it with KH3, and they seem to be doing pretty well.

What are you talking about?

21. LiquidSolid

LiquidSolid

On the one hand, I didn't like any of Tabata's games and I don't think he had any clue how to tell a story. On the other, this is a big departure, especially since he basically took his old team off and made his own studio.

I'm not going to get into the silly speculation over his resignation because I think that stuff gets pretty spiteful and shitty (which we've already seen in this thread) but I do wonder what'll happen to Luminous Studio and their new IP now. No matter what, they'll have to promote someone to take his place but I wouldn't be surprised if they folded the studio back into Business Division 2 as well. I guess we'll see.

It'll also be interesting to see who's funding his new studio. Bandai Namco would be my first guess.

22. Chumunga64

Chumunga64

So...no timeskip Iris?

23. Kneefoil

Kneefoil

Holy shit, this isn't a joke? Daaamn!

Honestly, both news are shocking. The cancellation of the last three DLC episodes stings a lot, too. Out of all the new DLC episodes, including Ardyn, I was very curious what they were going to do with episodes Luna and Noctis in particular. A real shame.

24. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher
    The Abominable Showman Member

What a godawful set of announcements. God, they suck at this.

25. Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Another shit tier poster everyone.

26. OldMuffin

OldMuffin

Oh what’s this about?

27. Mifec

Mifec

As bad as XV is, Xenoblade 2 is an abomination that should never have been made.

28. The Last One

The Last One

Yeah, I think this is related to his new IP. The $33M loss can't be thanks to some DLC.

29. Godai

Godai

Fuck no... what. Fuck me.

30. AzureFlame

AzureFlame

Sales wise sure can't decide yet but I mean by damged is it's quality, again the sales doesn't mean everyone loves it, there are many many FF fans who were not ok with this game and feel betrayed, it's been going downhill since the release of XIII, if they continue like this next game will get even worse scores, not to mention the absolutely disgusting dlcs practice that they have been doing with this game, I still can't believe many are ok with it.

I like some tabata games but this wasn't a good example of his work, crisis core where he actually shined.

31. Luminous reported 33 million loss yesterday.

32. EVA UNIT 01

EVA UNIT 01

Yoko taro for FFXVI director

33. Alucrid

Alucrid

do comrades characters transfer over to the new version at least?

34. NNN

NNN
    Banned Member

I hope SE fires Nomura after KH3 after ruining versus13/15. Tabata is truly a great man and it's a shame to see him leaving the FF title

35. Hamchan

Hamchan

Pretty surprised since XV, even with all its problems, was still a successful product that came out from a project that seemed very troubled for a very long time, and Tabata gets the credit for that.

Would love to see Yoshi P or Yoko Taro take a shot at the main series. Either someone who will make a very faithful game or someone who will take it the weirdest it’s ever gone, either extreme is good with me.

36. criteriondog

criteriondog

Wait wtf

37. TrojanAg

TrojanAg

Thanks for saving FFXV, and probably the franchise, Tabata. The game certainly has issues stemming from its long development, but the fact that it was turned around at all is kind of a miracle.

38. Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Yeah looks like SE and somethign happened with the game.

39. Orion

Orion

Holy shit... certainly didn't see that coming. This can't be how he wanted to go out, surely.

I wanted to see what they were gonna do with Luna too. Poor girl can't catch a damn break lol.

40. Vex

Vex

Ok I'm gonna be second hand pissed if tabata got flak for FFXV internally but Nomura didn't. Tabata actually delivered a working game. Tabata was robbed.

41. FFXV is the second-highest selling game in the franchise. The franchise is fine.

42. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher
    The Abominable Showman Member

Considering Tabata's studio just lost them 33 million, he's not exactly a superhero here.

43. Neutra

Neutra

Damn. Respected the guy for pulling off FFXV but if I’m honest I did not want him directing the next mainline FF. Good luck out there.

44. nintendoman58

nintendoman58

• User Warned: Trolling
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(sorry to all FFXV fans out there)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

45. Guymelef

Guymelef

At least he has honor after FF XV management disaster.
    Time for better blood.

46. Riversands

Riversands

Ohh right. I think i saw the title, but i didnt know that it was actually Square Enix Luminuous. I thought it was another studio's name

47. THE GUY

THE GUY
    Banned Member

Betting there is no new IP from Luminous Productions. They're gonna make a Final Fantasy.

Timeline and this development just makes sense. They literally set up a new company this year. They announced all these plans about completing Final Fantasy XV DLC and then finally moving on to their new IP. Tabata mentioned in some of his interviews that he was keen on developing his own IP and didn't seem like he was keen on making another Final Fantasy game. I believe he even mentions FFXVI in one interview and says someone else will be making it.

Now suddenly they've done a huge about turn. They've cancelled the DLC and are changing direction entirely. Their reason being that they want to divert all resource to their new project in order to get it out even a day sooner. Now it's unlikely the DLC was costing $33 million so they obviously cancelled whatever other stuff they were doing too. That would explain that loss.

I'm betting LP is going to make Final Fantasy. No new IP or anything.

48. Adnor

Adnor

Jesus Christ, this sucks.

49. CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII

would people be mad if someone asked them if this is a late april fools joke?

50. Nakasu

Nakasu

I could only imagine what would have happened if Kingdom Hearts 3 stayed on Luminous.

Yeah I know, i'm just overreacting from the shock of it all.

51. Inuhanyou

Inuhanyou

Lol. What is with this nonsense. "I hope this guy who ships a complete product is fired cause this other guy quit"

52. danm999

danm999

Aranea was the only character I liked in the game so it sucks that DLC is never coming.