• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Brian Reese, 38, said he and his girlfriend were assaulted by employees at a Taco Bell in Center City after he complained that he had waited 45 minutes for an order of burritos, tacos and nachos.

Reese said the employees — who didn't seem to be too busy at the time — were telling impatient customers like him and his friends that they were swamped with Grubhub orders at the Chestnut Street location that needed to be completed first. But three of the workers apparently had enough criticism from the hangry customers — prompting them to jump over the counter and follow Reese outside, where they attacked him and his girlfriend, shocking video shows.

Reese posted footage of the late-night attack to Twitter on Tuesday after giving Taco Bell reps a week to respond to the attack. He said he was eventually offered a $20 gift card, but the fast food chain was slow to release names of the workers involved, including the six employees seen in the footage, Reese said.

Source: https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/taco-...shows-them-assault-complaining-customers/amp/

A $20 dollar gift card? That's ridiculous.

But least the employees were fired. That's a start.

Lock if old.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...that's assault alright, and I don't blame Reese for wanting further action.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Retraining? Fuck that. Obviously that Taco Bell is being ran like shit, the owner should have the franchise stripped away (not sure if that's possible).

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I know people talk down to fast food employees and treat them like dogshit, I don't know if that's what happened here but you can't follow someone out of the store 6-deep and beat their ass, that is ridiculous. A $20 gift card is an insult.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I hope jail time was worth being too lazy to do your job.
From the article, it looks like they had Grubhub orders that they had to take care of before serving the other customers, I've never worked in fast food or a Taco Bell but is it possible the machines or stations they would need to use were taken up at the time? Even then 45 minutes is a crazy amount of time for a fast food place to be swamped like that.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
From the article, it looks like they had Grubhub orders that they had to take care of before serving the other customers, I've never worked in fast food or a Taco Bell but is it possible the machines or stations they would need to use were taken up at the time? Even then 45 minutes is a crazy amount of time for a fast food place to be swamped like that.

I work in a Dennys and I can confirm that there are times that GrubHub/UberEats orders completely crash our entire kitchen causing 30+ Minute ticket times for the guests who are actually in the restaurant.
It's asinine sometimes.

I imagine fast food restaurants are even more popular with the Grubhub/UberEats crowd.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I work in a Dennys and I can confirm that there are times that GrubHub/UberEats orders completely crash our entire kitchen causing 30+ Minute ticket times for the guests who are actually in the restaurant.
It's asinine sometimes.

I imagine fast food restaurants are even more popular with the Grubhub/UberEats crowd.
Yeah, like to a customer it may seem like they are "lazy" but if you're working there are you're slammed with orders you have to do first and the store starts filling up with people, a lot of whom treat fast food workers with little regard or understanding, and these people are likely only making minimum wage to be dealing with all that.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, $20. They need to be given the fuckin' Dan Ryckert treatment by Taco Bell corporate and that location should be investigated from the ground up

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Holy shit I go to that Taco Bell, they rule

But I go during the lunch hour not at night, man they put a goddamn hurting on him

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
wait n/m wrong Taco Bell

how you gonna retrain your staff to not beat someone's ass

like wtf was even said

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe this was an unrelated story but weren't they trying to kick the shit out of a grubhub driver even calling him all kinds of slurs?

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Multiple employees sporting Taco Bell Gear caught on tape punching a man and woman and they offer a $20 gift card? Wow.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if, in this hypothetical situation, the customer and his girlfriend yelled racial slurs, it's not okay to have 6 people gang up and beat the shit out of someone.
From the tape segment on the news it seems like not all 6 were fighting. Some employees ran out to stop the violent ones, which is at least 2 of them from the footage. 2 violent, 1 fool just watching, and it looks like 2 employees are holding back another one.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
China
I need to see what happened before the camera phone video. Need store video with audio.
I'm not condening the assault, but I dont buy his story that he "just complained". You dont get a beatdown like that for only complaining. We've seen this too many timrs before, person does shitty thing faces action of said shitty thing and then plays the victim. There were other customers there so why was he the only one attacked?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not condening the assault, but I dont buy his story that he "just complained". You dont get a beatdown like that for only complaining. We've seen this too many timrs before, person does shitty thing faces action of said shitty thing and then plays the victim. There were other customers there so why was he the only one attacked?

They weren't the only ones apparently:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...Center-City-Philadelphia-Video-506853671.html

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Also, waiting 45 minutes for a fast food order? I'd have been gone after 10 minutes.

I was thinking the same thing, lol. But, I guess they'd have already paid for the order, and while they probably could have asked for a refund and left, I think that a fair portion of people will just deal with the delay if everything is already paid for.

Oct 26, 2017
There's some borderline victim blaming going on in here.

If evidence comes out that this guy hurled racial slurs or some shit, fuck him with a pipe.

But until then, maybe don't assume the worst about the victim.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's some borderline victim blaming going on in here.

If evidence comes out that this guy hurled racial slurs or some shit, fuck him with a pipe.

But until then, maybe don't assume the worst about the victim.
No one is victim blaming. Someone asked under what scenario is a beatdown like this "acceptable" and I gave the slur example.

I would like to see how it escalated because the incident sounds absurd. Even the rightwing racist ass NYPost is being cautious about the provocation issue.

Oct 26, 2017
No one is victim blaming. Someone asked under what scenario is a beatdown like this "acceptable" and I gave the slur example.

I would like to see how it escalated because the incident sounds absurd. Even the rightwing racist ass NYPost is being cautious about the provocation issue.

I wasn't referring to you.

But yeah, I agree it seems odd he'd catch fists like that simply for asking for his food. But if reports are to be believed, the people who beat him down did it again to a GrubHub driver days later. So who knows?

I'm going to just say: Good they were fired. Feel bad for him and his girlfriend. BUT I reserve the right to shit all over them both if this turns into a story where they hurled a bunch of racial slurs at the employees and got what was coming to them.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
"Oh Lord, this man has visible injuries and if this video got out, it could be seriously damaging to our brand."

Later:

"Sir, we are ready to make an offer. How about a $20 gift card to buy more of our shit food and we'll call it even?"