• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Happened last night/early this morning at an ICE Facility.

TACOMA, Wash. -- A suspect was fatally shot in at the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma early Saturday morning after he was reportedly throwing incendiary devices at the building and at nearby vehicles.

Officers responded to the scene at about 4 a.m. Saturday to find the man outside the facility, armed with a rifle and throwing the incendiaries. One vehicle caught fire, and the suspect also tried to blow up a large propane tank and outbuildings.

It's not getting too much attention yet, but with the ICE round up day coming?

Edit: article linked/Please check Thread Marks

Last edited:

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy. Was the suspect trying to burn down the detention facility in order to kill all the asylum seekers inside, or were they trying to attack ICE?

You forgot to link an article.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The article doesn't have much info other than what's on the op. Considering this happened at 4am this morning I suspect we'll find out motives and whatnot before the weekend is over.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Sounds like he was trying to burn the detainees alive.

If that was the case, then nothing of value was lost in his death.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
I don't want to speculate too much, but given Western Washington's consistent history of harboring white supremacists, this might be a guy trying to kill migrants. If this had happened in Spokane I'd be more convinced, but Washington has a long legacy of racist violence as a state (not that America overall doesn't).

I mean, after all, this state has absolute fucking psychopaths like Matt Shea representing districts in the state house.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
wLwNJbK.jpg

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
And here is why people don't want to do these things alone. You need to have more people for such a thing to work. Incendiaries aren't a good idea for this, either, as it's pretty fucking hard to control a burn like that and you'll hurt who you're liberating more.

Dec 31, 2017
Damn, what did he expect was going to happen if he started lobbing incendiaries at the facility's propane tank?

Glad no one other than the perpetrator was hurt. Curious to see what exactly the motivation was here.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty fucking clear that the dude chucking incendiary bombs doesn't have the best interests of the people trapped inside in mind, guys. This is either attempted mass murder or an individual suffering psychosis.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Petrol bombing an in use refugee detainment camp ain't the action of someone with a refugee's best intentions at heart. Even in my country where a police officer shooting a criminal is front page news for days would probably end similar. Obviously if their was a way to detain the man in question without the endangerment of another's life then that should have been the solution used

Dec 24, 2017
I don't see how burning down the building before you liberate refugees is helpful.

You hold the guards at gunpoint, liberate the refugees. Secure the guards, then firebomb the facility.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a pretty justified shooting, assuming the report is correct. I'd like to see camera footage of the incident as well before making up my mind fully.

I don't see how burning down the building before you liberate refugees is helpful.

You hold the guards at gunpoint, liberate the refugees. Secure the guards, then firebomb the facility.
Hahahahaha

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The right is already identifying the guy as a leftist. They found some old posts about the guy in a Occupy group on the island that he lived on.

Police have indentified the victim:

The man who was shot and killed by Tacoma police while allegedly staging an attack at a Tacoma immigrant detention center has been identified.

The Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man killed at the Northwest Detention Center as Willem Van Spronsen, 69, of Vashon Island.

Police were called to the center at 4 a.m. Saturday after an employee at the facility spotted a man with a rifle. The center holds migrants waiting for hearings and deportations.

Map of Attack location (Not NW Detenion Center)
OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Okay, this situation is taking a curious turn:

This is audio scanner:

Mentions that there were multiple suspects, and that suspects were attacking vehicles across the street and a propane tank.

The property across the street has no detainees and is where GEO keeps its transport vehicles and other supplies.

So these guys were going after GEO vehicles and equipment and not putting detainees lives in jeopardy. That and the posts that showed that Willem van Spronsen lived on Vashon island involved with Occupy activities on Vashon tells me he was a resister.

In the second photo you can see the propane tank in the right hand side and the detainee transport vehicles (without GEO on top).

103a08742e52d6c09a28b0a02361b39c1848cea6.jpg

f2d26d949b2297e757cc8b12c2bffee43ebb5f86.jpg

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
So..was this guys a terrorist? I think trying to blow up/burn down a building should count as terrorism right?

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
So..was this guys a terrorist? I think trying to blow up/burn down a building should count as terrorism right?
Just burning down or blowing up a building doesn't automatically make it terrorism. However, as this seems to be aimed to hinder a part of the government, or however you define ICE, this should be defined as terrorism. At least according to the EU definition of terrorism. I think.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

He was targeting the building and vehicles across the street, I posted the photos and dispatch recordings above. He knew exactly his target.

I've seen his purported manifesto, but im
Not 100% sure if I should post it.

SonicThrust

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Damn looks like his motivation was moral after all.

A brave guy to try and fight for what is right when so many politicans are only finger wagging the human suffering and cruelty going on in those camps.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Yeah, I'd like to point out that this guy was, as far as people know, was NOT trying to hit the detention center proper's propane tank.

Could mods update the thread title, maybe? I really hate the idea that this guy gets written off as an attempted mass murderer.

I'd also like to know if I could post his purported manifesto.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Just burning down or blowing up a building doesn't automatically make it terrorism. However, as this seems to be aimed to hinder a part of the government, or however you define ICE, this should be defined as terrorism. At least according to the EU definition of terrorism. I think.

Hes white.

Not terrorism. Just a misguided poor citizen.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Terrorist- a person who uses violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims.

Freedom fighter- a person engaged in a resistance movement against what they believe to be an oppressive and illegitimate government.

This guy will be either or, depending on who you talk to. At this point, There's no doubt in my mind that he was up against this oppressive and illegitimate government of ours.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Please check the threadmarks. He was targeting a parking area filled with ICE busses. He was arrested last year at the same location during another demonstration. The guy is a clear resister.

We have people on ERA talking about people have to do more than just hold signs, that they need to get to the streets. Now I'm not advocating for violence, but am I going to shed tears if ICE busses are destroyed? No.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
everyone talks about resisting, and doing something useful, and someone tries and they mock him or go "hes white" meh, no wonder no one actually does anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.