• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
psdeals.net

Games and Bundles in PlayStation Store — PS Deals USA

Explore the best PlayStation games Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, TopSpin 2K25 Cross-Gen Digital Edition, TopSpin 2K25, TopSpin 2K25 Grand Slam® Edition, TopSpin 2K25 Deluxe Edition, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Ultimate Edition, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Operator Edition, Tom...

Description

This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game.

Tactics Ogre, crown jewel of the tactical role-playing genre, is reborn!

Based on the 2010 release, the game features improved graphics and sound, as well as updated game design, bringing to life a new Tactics Ogre that remains true to its roots.

・Game Features
-A tactical role-playing game depicting the struggle for control of the Valerian Isles.

-Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even how it ends, with a game system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story takes place through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fate of those around him, and shift the course of Valeria's history.

-Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.

-The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.

-Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.

-The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.

-The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.

-When you advance far enough in the game you'll unlock the World Tarot, enabling you to travel back in the story with the power of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have such a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you wonder what a different choice would have led to, now you can find out!

-Traveling back isn't limited to the story; the Chariot Tarot lets you rewind up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying that you'll back yourself into a corner.

-Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.

If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can get the PS5™ digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5™ digital version. PS4™-game-disc owners who buy the PS5™ Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5™ version at no extra cost.

Offline single player
Remote Play allows users to connect to and play games on their PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 using a mobile device, PC, or another PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5.
Offline play enabled

Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service and applicable privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service & playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy).

Software subject to license (us.playstation.com/softwarelicense).

You can download and play this content on the main PS5 console associated with your account (through the "Console Sharing and Offline Play" setting) and on any other PS5 consoles when you login with your same account.

That site has a few images.

4r6r9e6sCA7NuUYSlnXRLpJb.jpg

mO5QqxzMJDioz68DA2e2NwB5.jpg

st6fyy8h3KpaGOWazjSGPmbv.jpg

1CzpyxJBqsmKekayv3bhoh4Z.jpg

i5M5o8cOEmCdc6FbEwaRYAvS.jpg

x7JBJOsadpgR52uhtd7bIO9Y.jpg

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
numerical display on the odds of the attack shown is new....i think lol

edit: i'm sensing a juxtaposition theme between that and XVI's numerical readouts

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Also from the site:

"The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story."

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Oh man, that looks amazing. OK, the sprites look a little bit weird. But those backgrounds! The portraits! Look at them!

Quicker pace sounds promising as levels could take quite long.

Day fucking 1.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Voice acting good.! Smoothing effect myuck.
But wow! Great to have the game back! I always get worried for titles marooned on dead consoles, and this would have been a terrible loss.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Tactics Ogre, crown jewel of the tactical role-playing genre, is reborn!

Based on the 2010 release, the game features improved graphics and sound, as well as updated game design, bringing to life a new Tactics Ogre that remains true to its roots.

・Game Features
-A tactical role-playing game depicting the struggle for control of the Valerian Isles.

-Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even how it ends, with a game system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story takes place through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fate of those around him, and shift the course of Valeria's history.

-Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.

-The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.

-Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.

-The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.

-The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.

-When you advance far enough in the game you'll unlock the World Tarot, enabling you to travel back in the story with the power of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have such a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you wonder what a different choice would have led to, now you can find out!

-Traveling back isn't limited to the story; the Chariot Tarot lets you rewind up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying that you'll back yourself into a corner.

-Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.

‐--------

No new story or side content I guess. Wonder if the announcement comes bundled with the possibility of a new game or something.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Offt, this and GOW the same week means I'll be putting it off for a while. Shame, it's really clean looking. Full voice acting is rad.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They clearly gave a fuck making this. FFT getting this same level of care is going to be great.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Fuck the endgame. I will be 100% cheating my way through that. Baffling that they've left it seemingly untouched (at least potd is in and I assume mandatory). Absolute pacing killer miserable experience, and a black mark on an otherwise phenomenal game. God I hate the endgame so much.

But yeah play this game ppl. It's like Triangle Strategy but better (I assume, haven't actually played TS yet, but there's...there's no way...)

Edit: also fucking stings that we can get a full remaster of a SRPG (the most mainstream of genres of course) but Valkyrie Profile gets a console-only barebones emulation of the worst possible version of the game.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Why same week as God of War!! Whyyyy.

Oh well, it will still be there once I am done with Kratos.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

This sounds like a pretty drastic change, curious how it'll work out. Like it sounds like it would lead to a lot more micromanagement and grinding, but maybe the QoL features will balance it out.

Either way, I'm fucking excited!

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
So it's a straight port of the psp game with no gameplay changes or new content, plus voiced cutscenes and re-recorded music.

Also ugly filter aplied to the sprites, which I'm betting you can't turn off.

Eh. Good for those who didn't play this before, I guess.

EDIT: oops, missed the bit about the level system, my bad. I'll have to see how that works exactly. Still, I was hoping for some new content. Oh well.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
So it's a straight port of the psp game with no gameplay changes or new content, plus voiced cutscenes and re-recorded music.

It's literally not a straight port. Reread.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Still so weird that this keeps showing up, especially now with an under 4-month release date, with next-to, if not zero, fanfare by Square-Enix.

Still, if it gets released this year, that's great for both it and for the eventual FF:T remaster in this style.

Especially with the screenshots showing changes to the systems, implying more than a straight port not only in terms of graphics, but also systems-level changes/updates.

......Please please please make sure FF:T doesn't have any battle slowdown :(

rude

Oct 25, 2017

It is "based on" the 2010 version with additional improvements.

The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.

it is obviously not a straight port just looking at the images since it has a completely new UI anyway

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
So what's the list of upcoming square enix games now?

Diofield
Valkyrie
Star Ocean
Harvestella
Tactics Ogre
Front Mission (?)
FFIX remake
FFT remake
Forspoken
FFXVI
FFVII Rebirth

Nuts.

Can you not be a fucking jackass?

Yeah I missed the changes to the class system and UI in the description, my bad

Christ

The third line of the description talks about graphical and sound changes as well as gameplay changes that would preclude it being a straight port at the very least. Heck even the subtitle for the game is "Reborn".

Holy fuck lmao

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Oh yeah, I've been waiting for this. I've got two hopes for it in particular:

- Tweaks to the crafting system.
- That it releases on PC.

Fingers crossed.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Fuck the endgame. I will be 100% cheating my way through that. Baffling that they've left it seemingly untouched (at least potd is in and I assume mandatory). Absolute pacing killer miserable experience, and a black mark on an otherwise phenomenal game. God I hate the endgame so much.

But yeah play this game ppl. It's like Triangle Strategy but better (I assume, haven't actually played TS yet, but there's...there's no way...)

Edit: also fucking stings that we can get a full remaster of a SRPG (the most mainstream of genres of course) but Valkyrie Profile gets a console-only barebones emulation of the worst possible version of the game.

I put 40 or so hours into the 2010 release of TO.

And I can tell you, I definitely feel Triangle Strategy is my favorite of the two. I had a lot
More fun with it.

That said, I'll def pick up Reborn and try again since it seems it's faster paced and more streamlined now

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

I would love to tell you about Triangle but it assigned me 17 million pages of reading in-game so I'll get back to you in a couple of months.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
It is "based on" the 2010 version with additional improvements.

it is obviously not a straight port just looking at the images since it has a completely new UI anyway

Yeah I jumped the gun, my bad. These are neat but I was hoping for new content like some new classes, characters or extra battles/dungeons.

TFJ

Aug 9, 2019
The change to unit level instead of class level is a good call and probably the best thing about this. That's how it was in the original release way back in the Super Famicon.

Hoped for way more changes though, and the upscaling filter seems a little suspicious.

If there are no changes to the crafting system… time to revolt.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
The sprites looked better on the PSP version 11 years ago. It's passable, but I just don't get it. This trend of applying scaling filters to smear the detail away is so strange.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
There's no TP in the battle UI shot at all. "Union level" on the map screen also seems new.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
TBH feels like a remaster of the PSP port. Yes I'm aware its not, but for a PS4/PS5 game expected better visuals. This is OK for Switch standards, but for PS4/5 visuals, eh. I might buy it if it doesn't get a Steam release for PS5

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Oof, gotta say the filtering looks pretty awful. Hope you can turn it off, though it seems it's likely baked in the assets unfortunately. Also disappoiting they didn't change the comic sans-esque ALL CAPS font for this release. :/ The mechanical changes sound good, at least!

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I vaguely remember this game being grindy, I was trying to unlock some lady with double whips and I dropped the game soon after. Hopefully the faster combat speed makes it less of an issue.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Remove the filtering on the sprites and environments and instead add an optional CRT screen filter like in the FF Pixel Remasters. You would think that SE had learned that people don't like filtered sprites in sprite based games.

They did it right when the FF Pixel Remasters replaced the older mobile versions but then they still do stuff like this. Is there no communication between producers at SE or what?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I really wish they would rework the new leveling system from the PSP version. I hate levels being tied to classes, instead of characters. It makes it pointless when you get new classes. It's a chore to try to level new classes from level 1 when you're facing level 30+ enemies that can one shot your new classes.