• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Stupid easy

Go make a new account, set region to Hong Kong, have another email and buy PSN credit from play-asia (instant), set that account to primary also.

It's about $60 USD if you want both donder packs and some left over for pre order DLC or other single tracks, one $30 code will afford a single pack plus a few tracks.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Stupid easy

Go make a new account, set region to Hong Kong, have another email and buy PSN credit from play-asia (instant), set that account to primary also.

It's about $60 USD if you want both donder packs and some left over for pre order DLC or other single tracks, one $30 code will afford a single pack plus a few tracks.
Thanks! Will it have any effect on my current NA stuff at all? Or does it just mean I'd have to be online when playing stuff on my main account?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so pissed.

Been dropping from 47-48 for the past hour, finally got up to 48 and lost my a margin of 180 points, also known as one OK hit on a shin uchi Oni.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Realized some of the songs I didn't buy for Taiko 3DS 3 are in this version. Sick of small screen Taiko, so I may finally crack and buy this. Is new DLC still being released, or Switch killing its support?

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Realized some of the songs I didn't buy for Taiko 3DS 3 are in this version. Sick of small screen Taiko, so I may finally crack and buy this. Is new DLC still being released, or Switch killing its support?

at the very least, there's monthly dlc through september

there's also a "popular song pack 1" without any other popular song packs, and last month there was the game's first online event where you could earn a free song, so it's more than possible there's more than what's listed in the link as well

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
at the very least, there's monthly dlc through september

there's also a "popular song pack 1" without any other popular song packs, and last month there was the game's first online event where you could earn a free song, so it's more than possible there's more than what's listed in the link as well
I hope there's more after September, too. I'd like to just have one Taiko game that updates for a long time. I'm sick of getting half the same base songs in every game I buy :/
I miss playing arcade Taiko.

Oct 25, 2017
Did it...

Lots of RNG involved but I had a few matches that got really close, and by the end I wasn't using normal scoring at all unless I knew I'd be screwed if I did - for example, a level 78 had the main theme on Hard, I knew it was going to be perfect and probably incredibly accurate, but while I was right on the accuracy, he dropped half way and I won.

Oct 25, 2017
Need to ask, since I'm struggling hard with this

How do I get over a million without doing anything Oni x8 - even then, my absolutely best song I can perfect in William Tell Overture Oni x7 and I've got the perfect on both normal and Shin Uchi but can't get over 940000 - I guess, what is the absolute longest song in the game that isn't over Oni x7 which I can get a million and possibly over 999 - I'm pretty sure only the hardest Oni songs have that many notes however the fact it's earn ratio is so high makes me think I'm missing something big time really.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
The only other way I can think of is finding an easy song on any difficulty that you can all-great perfect, and that has rolls, and playing that on shin-uchi, but even then some songs have normalized scores closer to a million than others so I'm not sure what songs are best

Oct 25, 2017
It's doable if a normal song is played without getting a single ok, basically any full perfect on normal will give you just over a million - it's really that close but I got it.

Oct 25, 2017
New trophy though

Is the extreme clear EX in 5 ascending order normal Extreme or Ura? The lowest Ura songs are 8x so I'm not sure how to do it really.

Fab

Oct 28, 2017
I have a Hori Taiko Pro controller that's gone unused for many months now, so I'm looking to offload, but I just can't seem to find any recent sale listings out there.

Does anyone here have any idea what the current market value for something like this is?

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
After a brief bit of searching, all I found was a Fril listing for 30000 yen. AucFan has the recent average at about 28000 yen. I'm sure you could get away with aiming towards the higher end.

Fab

Oct 28, 2017
After a brief bit of searching, all I found was a Fril listing for 30000 yen. AucFan has the recent average at about 28000 yen. I'm sure you could get away with aiming towards the higher end.

Thank you, I couldn't tell if I was asking for too much or if the item was too niche, I suppose it was more the former. (but still a bit of the latter too I suppose)

Oh, and do you have any thoughts on the quality of the Hori manufactured PS4 drum? I'd like having something a little more practical for the odd Taiko session now and again.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Tatacon is maybe a bit better than the stock Wii one out of the box. Definitely needs modding to work at a level that would be satisfactory for more experienced players.

Hori says that they've taken feedback from the PS4 Tatacon and are improving sensitivity on the Switch one, so it might be worth seeing how that turns out, if that's an option.

Fab

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 Tatacon is maybe a bit better than the stock Wii one out of the box. Definitely needs modding to work at a level that would be satisfactory for more experienced players.

Hori says that they've taken feedback from the PS4 Tatacon and are improving sensitivity on the Switch one, so it might be worth seeing how that turns out, if that's an option.

That's great news, Switch would be my ideal platform too with all of the input options available.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So I tried doing the Drum trick where you fill the holes with thin rubber and and attach some to the sides using double sided tape but I now can't press circle and they seem to be causing it to hold left. Should I remove all of what I put in or only the ones at the side?

pant pisser

May 7, 2018
ah I got the dlc finally. figured it would automatically download with the donder pack pass but I guess not!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if you have the pack you have to login to your account and manually download it, then it will show up - I was wondering where my DLC went when I bought the digital version with the first pack.

May 23, 2018
Slowly chugging along to Rank 50 (mainly for the trophies). Still having trouble hitting marathon triples with both Dons and Kats... any advice? At high speeds I feel like I'm missing some sort of final technique.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Slowly chugging along to Rank 50 (mainly for the trophies). Still having trouble hitting marathon triples with both Dons and Kats... any advice? At high speeds I feel like I'm missing some sort of final technique.

The only real "advice" I can give is to make sure you're alternating hands every hit if you aren't already. Other than that, it's really just about developing muscle memory for those patterns so you can execute them quickly and consistently.

May 23, 2018
The only real "advice" I can give is to make sure you're alternating hands every hit if you aren't already. Other than that, it's really just about developing muscle memory for those patterns so you can execute them quickly and consistently.

Thanks. I might even grab a controller to practice that first (of course, I wouldn't dare step online with a controller, haha).

I took a week off and got rusty fast. I wish some of my Project DIVA skills translated over as easily...

Oct 25, 2017
I nearly got the perfect on D's Adventure Note, but I fucked the ending section with all the don notes... this was on 8x hard and man, I normally drop like 200 notes in. I thought I just had the amazing run but... nope.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
don't make the mistake i did last time; you can hit triangle on the pre-match screen to exchange 3 coins for double points in the upcoming match. there's nothing to do with your coins if you unlocked everything in the gacha so there's no reason not to use them here

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's like the spring festival a couple months ago, you get points from playing against ghost players in ranked and at 150 points you unlock the song. It's running for the next 10 days

don't make the mistake i did last time; you can hit triangle on the pre-match screen to exchange 3 coins for double points in the upcoming match. there's nothing to do with your coins if you unlocked everything in the gacha so there's no reason not to use them here
I missed the Spring event, but thanks, both!

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking into this due to the Switch version but find the PS4 setlist much more interesting. Not sure what to do now. Oh and that shipping and handling fee on Amazon JP, 250GPB. Wow.
Yeah..

May 23, 2018
Need to hustle this weekend and grab the Summer Festival song before it's finished! Is there any way to increase my chances of playing DLC songs? I know they're worth extra points but it seems like I'm just playing Hello Kitty, Doraemon and Totoro over and over. And over.

AND OVER

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Are the sticks that come with the drum that bad? I've only ever used it in person at someone's house when the Wii U version came out and it was one of the funnest rhythm experiences I've had. I'm finally planning to order a set and the game on Switch on Amazon.jp.

pant pisser

May 7, 2018
Are the sticks that come with the drum that bad? I've only ever used it in person at someone's house when the Wii U version came out and it was one of the funnest rhythm experiences I've had. I'm finally planning to order a set and the game on Switch on Amazon.jp.

They're fine imo, i mean it's cheap plastic but that's really all you need

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
another rank match event coming from 8/30 to 9/10

img_03.jpg

reward song this time is namco original "houkan no kougetsu"

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Yay Ryuusei. I still dont have the PS4 game. I have to get around to that one of these days.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Taiko Drum Game has a Demo on EU eShop.

Forgot the full details as on the way to work now.

blizzardjesus

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the 2 games are out tomorrow in the US. Are they both Digital only?(i know the switch one is) I can't find any listings for a ps4 physical.