• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Just modded my tatacon controller. Big improvement on the don hits, but now my left ka doesn't register at all no matter how hard I hit it.

Edit: panic over, the left connection wire inside came loose, plugged it back in and it's fine. Everyone who isn't happy with how responsive their tatacon is should try the mod a couple of pages back, makes a massive difference.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Great game for a newcomer if you don't mind the lack of a story or anything. I play with the controller as well and it works great!

Ditto. Works great on the pad and is super easy to get into (I've only really played Taiko via Yakuza 5 previously, but the songs in that were super easy to clear). Might just be an idea to avoid ranking mode to begin with though, that strikes me as a mode more for advanced players.

qbicfeet

Oct 30, 2017
For people who have been playing a lot of ranked mode: at what rank does the game stop dealing you hard charts and 3 star onis (if ever)? I hit rank 40 earlier today and I'm starting to get a bit tired of playing Road Movie, Umi no Koe and Doraemon over and over again.

There must be something iffy with their chart randomization because I keep getting the same three songs 90% of the time.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
For people who have been playing a lot of ranked mode: at what rank does the game stop dealing you hard charts and 3 star onis (if ever)? I hit rank 40 earlier today and I'm starting to get a bit tired of playing Road Movie, Umi no Koe and Doraemon over and over again.

There must be something iffy with their chart randomization because I keep getting the same three songs 90% of the time.

Since rank 50 it's been giving me up to 8 star onis.

From the sound of things, there are problems on both ends of the scale of Ranked not giving people charts suitable to their skill level. The initial placement matches should've probably covered a larger range.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Still watch this thread... even though my Taiko has been on Wii U right now. Can't believe it's only been a year since I got serious and I can do 8 star oni decently.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
Still watch this thread... even though my Taiko has been on Wii U right now. Can't believe it's only been a year since I got serious and I can do 8 star oni decently.
Been playing for 10ish years and 8 can barely complete 10 star songs on pad. With drum I hover around 7 reliably. Best advice I can give is to learn how to alternate your arms with each note. I still haven't mastered that.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Are the drum bundles actually limited editions? Seems like no one sells them anymore? Even the standalone drums seem difficult to come by if you're ordering from overseas, and based on what people have been saying about their quality I'm not even sure it's worth it in the first place.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently not, but I've read your post trying to explain your account setup several times and I still don't understand what you've done, so that's likely a big part of the problem.
I'll see if I can break it down a different way:
  • I'm in the US on a US PS4
  • I've created second Japanese PSN account with which I bought Taiko on the Japanese digital store
  • I can play Taiko if I sign in to my Japanese account but not my regular US account
  • Whenever I sign back in to my regular US account and play something else (forcing Taiko to close), my Japanese account disappears from the PS4's account log in screen entirely
  • On top of that, after signing back in to my Japanese account (which requires the full sign in including entering my email and password), all my progress in Taiko has been wiped

Does that make sense?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'll see if I can break it down a different way:
  • I'm in the US on a US PS4
  • I've created second Japanese PSN account with which I bought Taiko on the Japanese digital store
  • I can play Taiko if I sign in to my Japanese account but not my regular US account
  • Whenever I sign back in to my regular US account and play something else (forcing Taiko to close), my Japanese account disappears from the PS4's account log in screen entirely
  • On top of that, after signing back in to my Japanese account (which requires the full sign in including entering my email and password), all my progress in Taiko has been wiped

Does that make sense?
None of this is normal behavior.

First off: you should be setting your PS4 as primary on your Japanese account. This flags your PS4 as having full offline access to all of that account's content, for any user of that PS4. The "primary PS4" setting is account-based, not console-based; if you have only one PS4, you can, and should, set it as primary on every single account you have.

Even if you didn't do so, the account shouldn't disappear unless you've explicitly flagged that profile as a guest profile, which isn't necessary unless you truly intended for it to be a one-off login.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
This game need serious calibration for my TV and speaker. First the note and the song is out of sync so I did auto calibration and that fixed it to certain degree. Now, the Taiko sound from the game is probably 0.3-0.5s delay. The calibration menu is the worst. Why can't I see the effect of my calibration while making adjustment?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
None of this is normal behavior.

First off: you should be setting your PS4 as primary on your Japanese account. This flags your PS4 as having full offline access to all of that account's content, for any user of that PS4. The "primary PS4" setting is account-based, not console-based; if you have only one PS4, you can, and should, set it as primary on every single account you have.

Even if you didn't do so, the account shouldn't disappear unless you've explicitly flagged that profile as a guest profile, which isn't necessary unless you truly intended for it to be a one-off login.
Ah this might be where I'm going wrong since I haven't done that. I thought that might take access away from my US account.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I play with a physical JP copy of the game using my US account, while still having access to the DLC I got from the JP PSN. Definitely activate the PS4 as main. It makes everything pretty seamless.

Randroid

Oct 28, 2017
Hm, am I doing something wrong? I just got my bundle and hooked up the drums. It does absolutely nothing. The only button that seems to work is the PS-button in the middle, which takes me to the PS4-menu of course. But no hit registration, can't navigate menu's or anything. The physical buttons on the front do nothing. I'm kinda worried I got a completely broken unit? That would suck...

Last edited:

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, am I doing something wrong? I just got my bundle and hooked up the drums. It does absolutely nothing. The only button that seems to work is the PS-button in the middle, which takes me to the PS4-menu of course. But no hit registration, can't navigate menu's or anything. The physical buttons on the front do nothing. I'm kinda worried I got a completely broken unit? That would suck...

You need to set the control options to #4 which is the Tatacon setting. All others only will let you use the standard controller.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Tried that. Still nothing. Should the DualShock-controller even be on?

Hm, strange. When activated, the Tatacon should replace the controller on your profile (i.e. different to how Move conrtrolles just get "added"), so this sounds like there's a problem somewhere. Which is weird since you say that the PS button gets recognized. No clue what's going wrong in this case, sorry I couldn't really help.

Dr_Biscuit

Oct 28, 2017
France
Have you tried unplugging it then replugging it ?

Randroid

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks, both of you. It's fixed! I'm not sure how. I just kept messing with plugging it in, mashing different buttons, and suddenly it's like something clicked and it worked. Whew. Strange, but I'm glad it's not a faulty unit.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
So the second drum and the rubber mat arrived this week.
Please keep in mind that I'm still working my way through normal, so better players might get different results.

Out of the box the drum performance, as expected, was as bad as the first one.
So I did the rubber and cork mod to make everything better again but left out the KAT mod as I wanted to compare one drum with mod against one without.

DON:
From my perspective(and my "skills") the difference between the mod with the anti-slip mat and the mod with the rubber is not perceivable.
So if you can get your hand on either material you can use that (If you are in Germany: I bought the anti-slip mat in V-markt and the rubber mat through Amazon).
Rubber was easier to push in though, but this could also be because i already did it a few times;)

KAT:
Here is where it got interesting:
It turned out that the difference is not that big if you have them side by side to directly see the results.
The drum with the mod was a little bit more sensitive, but as this mod caused the most issues (and me taking the thing apart a few times) i will just leave the second drum without the mod.

Things i still want to test someday: How much difference does the cork make, is there any benefit using a higher cork plate?

For now i will stop the modding and just focus on playing.
Never tought that bingo cards can be such a big motivation:D

It's also nice that the drum just works on PC - makes playing OSU! much more fun.

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
hey guys,

So i just bought this from PA:
https://sea.play-asia.com/taiko-no-...roller-bundle-set-engli/13/70bevd?ref=summary

it came today. i believe this is the Asian version with subs? (although i believe they all have subs?).

Anyways, in the box i have a code for some DLC. It doesn't work on my UK account. What to do i need to do to redeem that code and also buy other songs?

Sorry if i sound dumb, I've never created another account before so not sure how to do it without messing up my main UK account.

Really appreciate any help you could throw my way :)

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
hey guys,

So i just bought this from PA:
https://sea.play-asia.com/taiko-no-...roller-bundle-set-engli/13/70bevd?ref=summary

it came today. i believe this is the Asian version with subs? (although i believe they all have subs?).

Anyways, in the box i have a code for some DLC. It doesn't work on my UK account. What to do i need to do to redeem that code and also buy other songs?

Sorry if i sound dumb, I've never created another account before so not sure how to do it without messing up my main UK account.

Really appreciate any help you could throw my way :)
Creating a HK account should help you redeem it and let you buy DLC. You can have it on your PS4 as a second account as well. Although you may only be able to use the Asia/HK account to play the DLC though.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
No, on the contrary, doing this will allow you to play the game from your US account should you so choose.
So this option isn't even there when I sign in as a Guest lol. Trying to do it on the website just points you back to the PS4. Might be screwed. If there's another way to sign in on the PS4, I don't know it.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
So this option isn't even there when I sign in as a Guest lol. Trying to do it on the website just points you back to the PS4. Might be screwed. If there's another way to sign in on the PS4, I don't know it.
Of course it's not working; you have to create a permanent user account if you want to do this. Guest accounts won't work.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Creating a HK account should help you redeem it and let you buy DLC. You can have it on your PS4 as a second account as well. Although you may only be able to use the Asia/HK account to play the DLC though.

He just needs to set his PS4 as the primary console for the HK as well and the DLC will work just fine for his standard account as well.

And setting up an HK account is thankfully very easy as it can be done with english-language menus

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
Been reading through this thread after i discovered a few issues with my drum.

The "ka" is not that sensitive to hit, and the left side of the drum seems less sensitive than the right when playing a "don'

In terms of these scary looking modifications. What is it that i need to buy to do them? are there any step by step instructions or tutorial videos? and what is the difference after?

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been reading through this thread after i discovered a few issues with my drum.

The "ka" is not that sensitive to hit, and the left side of the drum seems less sensitive than the right when playing a "don'

In terms of these scary looking modifications. What is it that i need to buy to do them? are there any step by step instructions or tutorial videos? and what is the difference after?
This great post has detailed modding instructions. The following posts also have some alternative solutions.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
So, turns out we are getting licensed DLC after all!

First, Popular Song Pack Vol. 1, which will be offered for free from 12/25 to 1/8.

Koi (from "Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu")
Silent Majority (Keyakizaka46)
Be The One (from "Kamen Rider Build")

Next is the Hatsune Miku Pack, costing 390 yen and going on sale 12/21.

Senbonzakura (KuroUsa-P feat. Hatsune Miku)
Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru (ika feat. Hatsune Miku)
Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu -Gekijouban-

Senbonzakura also features a Session with Miku in her Senbonzakura look, and allows you to unlock her as a Petit Character.

5j5GCgu.png

euricaeris

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like we're getting a 3-pack of songs for free :) Only between December 25th and January 8th, so don't forget!

Also a 3-pack of Hatsune Miku songs for 390 yen and tax, from December 21st. This also comes with an unlockable mascot Senbonzakura Miku.

• Senbonzakura (video)
  • Miku Miku ni shite ageru (video)
  • The Disappearance of Hatune Miku (movie version) (video)
From this blog.

Edit: Haha, beaten!

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome. I'll be buying that Miku pack. Kinda sucks it's not included in the season pass? But oh well.

Glas

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like we're getting a 3-pack of songs for free :) Only between December 25th and January 8th, so don't forget!

Also a 3-pack of Hatsune Miku songs for 390 yen and tax, from December 21st. This also comes with an unlockable mascot Senbonzakura Miku.

• Senbonzakura (video)
  • Miku Miku ni shite ageru (video)
  • The Disappearance of Hatune Miku (movie version) (video)
From this blog.

Edit: Haha, beaten!

What's Deluxe/Season Pass for then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also game got updated to 1.02, anyone got the changelog?

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017

They added a play record that shows your total plays and FCs on each difficulty, made the song select screen also show Extra difficulty ratings, and have the difficulty select screen show both normal and Shinuchi score.

Hopefully we will be able to buy the songs even without the game. I'm still bitter that I lost the early buyers DLC from the vita version because customs messed with my order.

You should be able to both buy DLC and redeem free DLC without the game, right? I'm looking at the JP store now and it seems like you can grab the free Deemo DLC.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you can grab DLC on PSN without the game. The server doesn't check for ownership so I've grabbed limited time free DLC for games I haven't bought yet. I just don't think you can download it until you own the game in some way but that's hardly a limitation.

Glas

Oct 30, 2017
creating a jp account is a pain in the a$$, so if anyone still haves an extra HK saika code im willing to buy it.

Seyob

Oct 30, 2017
you can probably create one using your browser and chrome auto translate for instance?

shade

Oct 27, 2017
- DLCs implemented (Which ones ? Dunno. The next DLCs, the Donder Pack Vol.2, will be released on November 30th...)
- Added new feature "Play Record" to Select Mode.
- Improved UI display for "Select difficulty" and "Select Song".
- Improved some game features (I hope it concerns the Ranked Match mode)

And I encourage everyone to fill out the survery (though it requires a free JP BANDAI NAMCO ID and a "subscription" to the Side-876 Club) : I've good hope to see players feedbacks heard.
Even if you don't seak japanese, you can take part in : you're never forced to write comments, and you can use Google Trad. to translate questions and answers.
But if you can, don't hesitate to trash out Hori for the tatacon quality, and request "Bad Apple!! feat.nomico" & "Get Wild" as titles you'd like to see comin'.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE I need a ranked mode update. I don't like playing super difficult songs against opponents that are both more skilled and a higher rank than me when I'm only at 17.