• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I finally got my set today, will check it out once I get home. With all things considered, the game + drum bundle cost me 170€ thanks to customs. :|

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Triple post, sorry. I've messed with the tatacon for the past two days and I'm yet to get it to work properly. I've tried sticking 1mm rubber pieces on the kat sensors but they got stuck despite the tape that I'm using not being bulky at all. My thumbs are absolutely dead from all the pulling I had to do to place and remove the drum rubber piece. I'm starting to hate Hori all of a sudden...

qbicfeet

Oct 30, 2017
I just spent the past two hours playing χ談/Kaidan on repeat trying to cut down on those misses. Such a fun chart to play and try to figure out.

...Eh, the rest of the songs are alright too, I guess. Yami no Mahou Shoujo is always nice to have around.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Played it today after a long break, and I feel like I've broken through my skill ceiling a bit. The notes and my hands just felt more synchronized today. It is the best I've felt about a music game since DDR on the PS2. It helps that playing it totally registers as steps on my fitbit so I can stay home from the gym ;P

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Man, the Japanese version of Try Everything is crazy good

In unrelated news, I think I broke the X button on my DualShock 4 doing early Oni stuff :P

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is, but there is something so inherently fun with Taiko. I think it might be how the note charts only have so many ways to organize Don and Ka notes, so a lot of it is recognizing how to hit these patterns that show up in all of the songs. It's very easy to notice when I get better because all of a sudden I can handle a wave of notes that I used to be awful at but now I see them in a bunch of songs and can somehow manage.

I just wish there were more songs! I'm not the biggest fan of a large chunk of the song list, so after playing for a little bit I run out of songs to play :( Definitely looking forward to the Vocaloid DLC coming up, and I've already been having fun with the newly released stuff.

Glas

Oct 30, 2017
Hello

Sorry for asking out of sudden, thing is Taiko Controller arrived at my country but it's going to be stuck for at least 30 more days due to customs checkup and stuff, I want to save time and prepare everything for the mod, I have seen some Asian videos where they cut a circle of cork and place it inside, I tried to find them in my city but this is the best I've got.
cJHTuF6.png

Anybody here has tried the cork mod? If so could you give me the measures, radio, and width of the circle etc?

Also, a friend dad's have a styrofoam store, they can cut me the circle if I give them the measures, but I am worried styrofoam will not give the same effect as cork itself.

Sorry for the long post, it's my first tatacon so im kinda excited!

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I really need to figure out how to calibrate my tv right manually, cause I don't have one of those mono earpiece mics to use the autocalibration feature.

It makes the game pretty much unplayable currently :(

SephirothRK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hello

Sorry for asking out of sudden, thing is Taiko Controller arrived at my country but it's going to be stuck for at least 30 more days due to customs checkup and stuff, I want to save time and prepare everything for the mod, I have seen some Asian videos where they cut a circle of cork and place it inside, I tried to find them in my city but this is the best I've got.

Anybody here has tried the cork mod? If so could you give me the measures, radio, and width of the circle etc?

Also, a friend dad's have a styrofoam store, they can cut me the circle if I give them the measures, but I am worried styrofoam will not give the same effect as cork itself.

Sorry for the long post, it's my first tatacon so im kinda excited!

Hopefully you don't need to the mod, I have friends with drum with good blue and crap red, that' s the opposite for me.

These are the cork plate i bought

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CFPQ9/?tag=era0f0-20

it has measurements on the page.

euricaeris

Oct 26, 2017
Odd question, but do you folks get bad eye strain while playing this? No one seems to mention it but staring at the same spot on the TV and playing this on Oni seems hard on the eyes, but I wonder if it's the game, my ageing TV or something else...

For what it's worth I've played a bunch in Japanese arcades and don't remember having any issues. It's been a while though.

shade

Oct 27, 2017
I confirm, you'd better get the cork plate from Ikea (or from Amazon if there isn't any Ikea near where you live), because they're the perfect size for this Ikehacks. You just have to cut off some parts :

Ignore the "kat mod", I had to remove it (it pressed continuously on the kat sensor)

These trivets are called "Heat", ref #870.777.00. They are sold by 3 for $3.99/£3.50/2.99€
Height : 0.4 " / 1 cm
Diameter : 7 ¼ " / 19 cm

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Donder Pack 3 and the Hatsune Miku pack are now available for purchase, and Popular Song Pack 1 is out and free until January 8th! Make sure you pick up the free pack before it becomes paid!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Yup picked up the free pack last night had a lot of fun trying to do the Koi dance while playing at the same time with missus. This game is our perfect game to play together, songs are not only fun but also the costumes and different instruments certainly brought it up a few notches. Amazing game, bring us more pop songs! I want the entire Kimi no Namae and K-ON OST!!

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to playing this >_>

I don't have much to say really. Its Taiko...if you like it, you'll like this game. Beautifully presented as always, lots of songs and lots of challenge if you're up for it.

Now all I need is a PS4 Pop'n Music game (not gonna happen, I know) and my holy PSP trinity is complete.

Rikachu

Dec 29, 2017
Hi everyone!

Bit late to the party because I couldn't make my mind up on importing the bundle, finally caved and glad I did!

Been a fair few years since my last Taiko game, but pleased to meet everyone here

Just a question though, should I break the drums in abit more before committing to modding it? Or does it make such a difference I should go with the cork/cardboard mod anyway?

Cheers.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I would say try it out for an hour or two to see if you can adapt it its default sensitivity before you go modding it.

Rikachu

Dec 29, 2017
Finally got round to nodding the drum, very easy with the instructions in the earlier posts of this thread - thanks!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else's drum stick up abit after the mod? I went with the cork from Ikea and abit of cardboard underneath.

Is mine too high?

F5Esi5cl.jpg

opgUBTql.jpg

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Can anybody recommend a good song to learn how to do the quick 3 notes in a row on? I'm finding normal a bit too easy so wanna go into hard mode, but triple notes, triple notes everywhere.

I'll get it down eventually but I'm wondering if there's a good place to start (I'm playing on a dual shock if that makes any difference)

SephirothRK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got round to nodding the drum, very easy with the instructions in the earlier posts of this thread - thanks!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else's drum stick up abit after the mod? I went with the cork from Ikea and abit of cardboard underneath.

Is mine too high?

should be flushed, move your cork plate higher or break some away.

qbicfeet

Oct 30, 2017
Can anybody recommend a good song to learn how to do the quick 3 notes in a row on? I'm finding normal a bit too easy so wanna go into hard mode, but triple notes, triple notes everywhere.

I'll get it down eventually but I'm wondering if there's a good place to start (I'm playing on a dual shock if that makes any difference)
William Tell Overture on hard/oni is good for practicing this. The classic rock medley (hard or oni) also has a long section in the middle that is all 3-note streams.

Don't forget that the game has a training mode too, so if you happen to find any song with patterns you find difficult, just load it up in training mode, set the playback speed to 0.5x and try to wrap your brain around it.

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
sJIVG7D.jpg

More free promotional DLC on the way! The CoroCoro Comics 40th Anniversary Pack will be free from 2/15 to 3/31 and includes new song "CoroCoro Comics 40th Anniversary Song" as well as a new outfit and Petit Chara.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you! I actually see it even cheaper on Amazon JP; didn't realize all of the versions had English subs! Thought I had to go with the HK version from P-A. Next time I'll read the OP!

euricaeris

Oct 26, 2017
Just a reminder that the Coro Coro free DLC is now available :) Be sure to grab it from the Japanese PSN (it's not on the Singapore PSN for what it's worth, though it makes sense given it's a Japanese magazine).

Incidentally, the song is performed by Taiiku Okazaki, who is responsible for Pokemon Sun and Moon anime ending themes.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder that the Coro Coro free DLC is now available :) Be sure to grab it from the Japanese PSN (it's not on the Singapore PSN for what it's worth, though it makes sense given it's a Japanese magazine).

Incidentally, the song is performed by Taiiku Okazaki, who is responsible for Pokemon Sun and Moon anime ending themes.
Hooray!

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

I'm guessing it's not available via the Hong Kong store either then? Might have to create a JP account in that case...

SephirothRK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to log on my Japanese account and download coro song and now it's available to play on my digital hong kong taiko game.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget that the game has a training mode too, so if you happen to find any song with patterns you find difficult, just load it up in training mode, set the playback speed to 0.5x and try to wrap your brain around it.
Wait... really? I was looking for a training mode the other day and couldn't find it. I must be blind lmao. I was just smashing my face against Zenzenzense to level up and I could've been slowing it down and learning that way instead? fml

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Just checking... How many people here have the season-pass?

Worth it?

From a value perspective it's fine imo, 31 songs for 2700 yen is standard enough. What you'll get out of it may vary. There's no licensed songs, and it's primarily pretty recent difficult tracks from the arcade version. It's probably geared at hardcore fans more than most other groups, but if you just want to pad out your songlist or like the original music in the game you'll get plenty out of it too.

Wait... really? I was looking for a training mode the other day and couldn't find it. I must be blind lmao. I was just smashing my face against Zenzenzense to level up and I could've been slowing it down and learning that way instead? fml

It's weird, it's not really a mode as much as a setting you turn on from the song select menu. iirc, hit triangle at song select and it should let you switch between normal play, autoplay and training.

Deleted member 4198

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a quick question. Do DLC songs pop up in Ranked Match? I've played quite a few rounds and I don't think I've seen any...

edit: Nevermind!! A DLC song came up in Ranked Match right after I asked.

Last edited:

MoFo2

Oct 27, 2017
For an European with an US PSN account, where is the best place to buy a physical copy (w/drums) with English subtitles these days? Play-Asia, eBay, other? I remember having it on PS2, both the US version and 2 or 3 of the JP games, great fun!

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
For an European with an US PSN account, where is the best place to buy a physical copy (w/drums) with English subtitles these days? Play-Asia, eBay, other? I remember having it on PS2, both the US version and 2 or 3 of the JP games, great fun!
I just ordered from Amazon Japan, I'll let you know how it turns out. Anyone here using wooden sticks? if so, how's the drum holding up?