• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I cant find the Coracora pack for free only one that says Deemo. Is that it? Anyone using wooden sticks here?

shade

Oct 27, 2017

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of news!

First of all, the game will be having its first online event, "Haru Matsuri", from 4/26 - 5/7. The points you accumulate from Taiko Rank Match during that period can be exchanged for event-exclusive rewards, including the song "Sakura (Haru)".

Secondly, Donder Pack 7-12 has been announced. No brand new Namco Originals this time, but they'll include songs from other genres. Announced contents are:

Season Pass Bonus:
Taiko Drum Monster /steµ feat. siroa

Donder Pack 7:
Yawaraka Sensha
Pavane pour une infante défunte ~Kimi no Kodou~
SAKURA EXHAUST
Blue Rose Ruin
Haryu ~Haryu~

Donder Pack 8:
Necrofantasia arr. Demetori / Touhou Project Arrange Demetori
New World / from Synchronica
HARDCORE no Kokoroe / DJ Myosuke
Kurukuru Kurokkuru
Black Rose Apostle

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hey, so I just played this game in an arcade and loved it, so looking at getting a home version. Is this the one to get? Is it two player on the same console, do I need to get two drum controllers? If I get the japanese version, I can just set it to english, or do I need to get a different version? Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, so I just played this game in an arcade and loved it, so looking at getting a home version. Is this the one to get? Is it two player on the same console, do I need to get two drum controllers? If I get the japanese version, I can just set it to english, or do I need to get a different version? Thanks for your help!

This is probably your best choice, yeah. The only other region-free games are on handhelds and need more than one copy for multiplayer, aside from the Switch version which is due for release this summer and doesn't seem like it's getting a drum accessory.

It does have 2-player local multiplayer, but you can mix and match any number of drum controllers + normal controllers so any control option you have should work fine. Every version of the game also has all languages, and it'll boot in the language your PS4's system menu is set to.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
After watching some videos i want to pick this up, what's the cheapest way i can get one to the uk ? It's £112 on playasia after customs fee's, is there anywhere else cheaper ?

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After watching some videos i want to pick this up, what's the cheapest way i can get one to the uk ? It's £112 on playasia after customs fee's, is there anywhere else cheaper ?

Worth looking at Amazon JP. Not sure about total cost post-fees, but the base price is significantly cheaper.

I've picked a few up through Amazon Japan to be sent to Australia and every time it was cheaper than Play-Asia. Plus the Amazon JP one comes with 3 exclusive DLC songs.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07425BK3Z

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

JohnnyBB

Apr 19, 2018
So looking at the japanese psn store dlc for Taiko, do I get all the dlc (excluding the preorder stuff) if i buy the 2 passes? Or will there still be some songs not included? Cant read japanese and want more music :p

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Pack 9-12 contents have been announced. Mostly a mix of anime, classical and Namco Original.

Donder Pack 9:
crossing field / from "Sword Art Online"
Dokadoka
Amaterasu / Tatsh aka Zeami
Kissa Rain
Karyu ~Karyu~

Donder Pack 10:
Kill Me no Baby! / from "Kill Me Baby"
Surfside Satie
Freeway 3234
Ignis Danse / Yuji Masubuchi
Taiko Samurai

Donder Pack 11:
Connect / from "Puella Magi Madoka Magica"
Ai to Jouzai no Mori
White Rose Insanity
Shiuryu ~Shiuryu~
Toukyo Toukkyo-kyo Kyokakyoku Kyokuchou!!

Donder Pack 12:
Don't say "lazy"
Doom Noiz / from "Galaga Legions"
Purple Rose Fusion
Ryougen no Mai
Toryu ~Toryu~

So looking at the japanese psn store dlc for Taiko, do I get all the dlc (excluding the preorder stuff) if i buy the 2 passes? Or will there still be some songs not included? Cant read japanese and want more music :p

The Deemo Pack and Popular Music Pack 1 aren't included because they were originally free.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping for attention.

Yeah, it can definitely handle those sticks just fine. Regular top-heavy drumsticks are what you'd need to worry about.

I try to answer modding questions with discretion because I only have a single failed modding experience, but those two changes are pretty much the most you can do for improving face hits, yeah. Some people use rubber to fill in the holes or cover the tissue-filled holes with tape, or even replace the sponge on the face with rubber entirely, but I can't vouch for what works best.

Other than that, mods would be to improve rim sensitivity, muffle noise, or prevent sliding. If those are of interest I can try to cover those (if they haven't already been discussed in the thread, I really don't remember lol)

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Other than that, mods would be to improve rim sensitivity, muffle noise, or prevent sliding. If those are of interest I can try to cover those (if they haven't already been discussed in the thread, I really don't remember lol)

I guess something for rim sensitivity would be nice. I could find a rubber mat so I don't know what my other option is. Use duct tape?

Oct 25, 2017
Asking real quick about value stuff -

Should I get the physical version for about $60, and if I do can I get the digital bonus DLC later? Which is cheaper? I already have the HK account and getting enough for the game+the base DLC is $80 - also, are the online features good enough to spend this much or does having all the Wii U, Wii, and 3DS null this?

Oct 25, 2017
I backed down.

Doing good so far... hehe - just full combo'd William Tell Overture on Extreme (why this though) but it's about one of the only harder songs I can manage to do on the highest difficulty. Still mad all that VGM is locked behind tiny DLC I need to buy foreign codes for...

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

Worth looking at Amazon JP. Not sure about total cost post-fees, but the base price is significantly cheaper.

I've picked a few up through Amazon Japan to be sent to Australia and every time it was cheaper than Play-Asia. Plus the Amazon JP one comes with 3 exclusive DLC songs.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07425BK3Z
amazon.jp was thecheapest i could find and it got to my door in 2 days. No dlc was included though :(

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
If it was this one https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07424Y38Y then there is no bonus DLC.

If it was this one https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07425BK3Z then the DLC code will be on your receipt.

That price difference...
8lY6Gi5.gif

You probably buy all the other DLC with the difference.

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Hong Kong PSN version with the DLC, but super tempted to get the next pack since it has classical songs and the pre order bonus songs are also really tempting.

BTW, I hope one of you guys run into my perfect William Tell Overtrue oni in Ranked, you'll cry. Almost rank 32, gotta keep stomping scrubs out.

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
They were around the same price when Amazon JP themselves still had stock of the Amazon edition a week or two ago. Only third party sellers now so the price is whatever they want to charge/rip you off.
I bought the amazon edition. Where should Ilook on the receipt ? I can't find anything
Edit: Okay , I found tower of babel but what are the other two?

Last edited:

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bought the amazon edition. Where should Ilook on the receipt ? I can't find anything
Edit: Okay , I found tower of babel but what are the other two?
Whoops, it was just 'Tower of Babel' DLC that came with the Amazon JP Edition. Must have gotten mixed up with the other free DLC packs that came with 3 songs. My mistake.

shade

Oct 27, 2017
This sticker was on the box ?

If no, then that means you don't have the 1st print, and the early purchase DLC ("Ryuu to Kokuen no Himegimi") isn't included.
Otherwise, you should have a card with the product code printed on it inside the game box.

And there isn't any other DLC included with this ver. of the game.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So after spending some time with the game Saitama 2000 is my favorite track to play. It just works so well with the drumming. However I'm not digging a good number of the tracks and feel I should get some DLC. Does it work between all my accounts or just the one that bought it?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So after spending some time with the game Saitama 2000 is my favorite track to play. It just works so well with the drumming. However I'm not digging a good number of the tracks and feel I should get some DLC. Does it work between all my accounts or just the one that bought it?
If you set your PS4 as the primary console for your PSN account that you have the DLC on any user on the system can then use it.
I play the game and use DLC on my US account. :)

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Question now is which pack to go with. I was hoping I'd find some familiar names but nothing so I have to research each pack myself ( ._.)

pant pisser

May 7, 2018
has anyone gotten the relay combo trophies? what songs are you playing to get them? I played natsumatsuri on extreme 7 times and messed up on the 8th and almost threw my ps4 out the window

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
for extreme ex relay i did 10 kurenai FCs and then a zenzenzense FC. it was miserable

if you bought the miku pack and can consistently FC ura senbonzakura, i would recommend that because it def has the best difficulty to notecount ratio for the relay trophies imo

pant pisser

May 7, 2018
for extreme ex relay i did 10 kurenai FCs and then a zenzenzense FC. it was miserable

if you bought the miku pack and can consistently FC ura senbonzakura, i would recommend that because it def has the best difficulty to notecount ratio for the relay trophies imo

oh god that sounds horrible. i need to practice the middle part with the solos in senbonzakura more but i think i could do that. i dont know about 10 in a row though...your combo breaks immediately when you miss a note right? like you cant pause and click retry song?

OP
OP
The Bankslammer
Oct 25, 2017
oh god that sounds horrible. i need to practice the middle part with the solos in senbonzakura more but i think i could do that. i dont know about 10 in a row though...your combo breaks immediately when you miss a note right? like you cant pause and click retry song?

yeahhhh, unfortunately the game is not so kind. retrying still counts a broken combo