• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Online ranking mode added along with new DLC!!!
Guess all the sales from the discounts recently have paid off

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but are any of the drum peripherals superior to the others? The game is on sale, and I think that it would be a hit (heh) with my daughter.

There is the Hori drum, but it seems to be more expensive than some of the others brands.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
So, I was looking at getting this game for someone as a birthday gift, but I had a couple questions if anyone knows the answers to them:

1. From what I gather the Hori drum appears to be the official one. Would this one be the best one to get?
  2. The person I'm buying for prefers physical copies, but there doesn't appear to be one for the US. Will the US DLC work with copies of the game from other regions, or will I just have to get him the digital version.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
So, I was looking at getting this game for someone as a birthday gift, but I had a couple questions if anyone knows the answers to them:

1. From what I gather the Hori drum appears to be the official one. Would this one be the best one to get?
  2. The person I'm buying for prefers physical copies, but there doesn't appear to be one for the US. Will the US DLC work with copies of the game from other regions, or will I just have to get him the digital version.
1. Probably; I haven't tried others but it's a design they've done for quite a while
2. No, you have to get DLC for the region you own. Unless you know they also have a Japanese Nintendo Account, getting the game in their home region is best

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
1. Probably; I haven't tried others but it's a design they've done for quite a while
2. No, you have to get DLC for the region you own. Unless you know they also have a Japanese Nintendo Account, getting the game in their home region is best
For Taiko no Tatsujin, this isn't entirely true: The US/EU/AU releases can be used with any DLC purchased from US/EU/AU. The JP release is a different SKU and is only compatible with JP DLC.
Hmm, so the EU version sounds an option, but unfortunately that seems a lot rarer online compared to the Japanese version from some cursory searching. Well at least I can go order the drum from amazon.co.jp, but I'll have to do a bit more searching to see if there's a good place to buy a cart.