• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
,Also is it me or does this not have a latency setting, I remember for most rhythm games you would be able to set a ms delay after hitting notes a few times. Rockband and Guitar Hero had this, for TVs and such.
You have to do it manually - go into the settings, I think it's the second setting down that has "TV" in the name. I adjusted the top option in there to -25, for my TV that made the video latency match the audio, which was already timed to when the motion had to be done. I'm guessing the next option down is the audio latency in case you need to adjust that (that's all I want an English patch for is the options menus).

Unfortunately, you have to try a number, then exit out and load up the full game to try out the new latency, then exit out of the game and go back into options to try another number.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
Everything I've seen about this game said that the Day one English update would be for the Asia version on August 9th. How sure are we that the Japanese version will get an English patch as well?

Gorki247

Feb 7, 2018
It looks like the PS4 drums may work with the Switch when using an adaptor. Not familiar with the one this person is using, but I imagine other adaptors may work as well.

Last edited:

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
It looks like the PS4 drums may work with the Switch when using an adaptor. Not familiar with the one this person is using, but I imagine other adaptors may work as well.
Looks like there's some input lag introduced with the adaptor as it there's a noticeable delay from when the drum gets hit to it actually being registered on screen. What I'm interested in is the reverse scenario, having the Switch tatacon work on the PS4 via the Cronusmax Plus. Hopefully I get the drum in next week so I can test it out myself.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Just got my copy yesterday and played a couple of songs.

The joycon controls are decent, but I don't think they will be suitable for high level play. I am still trying to get the correct feel for how hard I should swing my joycon.

Sometimes I end up getting a double hit when my intention was only a single hit.

Also it seems that there is an 'assist' function when you are using motion controls to play, both notes can be hit with the same downward motion. Tried browing around the setting but I don't think it can be disabled.

Hopefully they will add a patch that allows us to adjust the motion sensetivity and also to off the assist function.

Shame that the motion controls don't seem to work so well. I bought the PS4 version with the drums last year but that thing barely works. So I don't play it as much as I'd like to because of all the missing notes. Was hoping motion controls would fair better but I guess not?

Have you tried modding the tatacon? I heard modding it will greatly improve the performance.

Last edited:

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
That's looking pretty good in the vid yeah. I noticed he used these wooden sticks( マイバチ ) too, any difference?

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I just learned something about the motion controls that ruins the game for me. I can no longer enjoy it without buying the drum. Very disappointed now.

The game auto-selects whether it is a center or edge hit, as long as you have the right timing. There aren't two types of hits when using motion controls, but just one. I thought I was giving it a sideways swipe to do the edge hit, that I almost had it right, was doing decently in songs...doesn't matter. And there doesn't seem any option to disable this nerfing of the controls.

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned something about the motion controls that ruins the game for me. I can no longer enjoy it without buying the drum. Very disappointed now.

The game auto-selects whether it is a center or edge hit, as long as you have the right timing. There aren't two types of hits when using motion controls, but just one. I thought I was giving it a sideways swipe to do the edge hit, that I almost had it right, was doing decently in songs...doesn't matter. And there doesn't seem any option to disable this nerfing of the controls.

what character are you using? some characters have a support feature that automatically does the correct hit for you

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
big difference. nowadays you can snag mybachi off worldwide amazon stores for real cheap and it's absolutely a worthwhile investment if you want to play more seriously
Hmm, seem to be an issue if I have them shipped from Amazon JP towards my country (Netherlands), and any other Amazon adds a pretty insane shipping fee apparently. Do you know of any other places to get these?

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my GOD, 1:50 on -- HOW THE. I will never, ever be this good. Holy shit.

Glad to hear the drums seem to be working better. Another video earlier in the thread demonstrates that as well. Can't wait to get my order. :)
You say that now however nearly two years ago I'd say the same thing.

I could probably clear that song, not perfect but clear it on a controller. Never played with a drum controller however, I've probably put in over a week of playtime total, absolutely you do just get better after awhile.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, seem to be an issue if I have them shipped from Amazon JP towards my country (Netherlands), and any other Amazon adds a pretty insane shipping fee apparently. Do you know of any other places to get these?

if you're cool with yahoo auctions there should be plenty there. other than that, i can't really comment, i got mine from amazon us

I've tried orange, green, and gold drums, Kirby, and the squid. Same behavior in all of them.

ah, gotcha. dunno off-hand who has what assists, but i do know that the first two characters (red and blue drums) have no modifiers. if it's like that with them, then yeah, i guess that's how it is. i haven't tried the motion controls myself so i can't corroborate

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I just ordered the drum and some wooden sticks from Japan, pricey but if it can replicate the feel of arcade at home (without the worn-out drum head), it'll definitely be worth it. Especially since I'm not happy with the motion controls.

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
Comparing to the PS4 one? Why?
There's no need to mod this to have it register your hits correctly unlike all the previous Hori tatacons.

Picked up a pair on Amazon.com. The ones on Amazon UK were cheaper, but had a 3-4 week delivery estimate. I've heard that these aren't good quality wise, but I'm sure they'll be fine for beginners like me.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any good places other than Play Asia to get the Asian version?

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
Wow I didn't know this, I have the PS4 and I thought that I was playing "wrong"
It seems easy to mod, but there is any tutorial that you recommend to follow?
There's this one from the Taiko Drum Session thread which looks good: https://www.resetera.com/posts/443986/
Can you share a link of the ones you picked up?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LXDWD8
I bought from other prime seller on the listing who seems to ship outside the US.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I just ordered the drum and some wooden sticks from Japan, pricey but if it can replicate the feel of arcade at home (without the worn-out drum head), it'll definitely be worth it. Especially since I'm not happy with the motion controls.
Which sticks did you get? Perhaps they ship them to my place too.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017