• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
oh maaaan..
I just play the demo again, but now holding L or R for the blue notes and it was a completely different experience. I just made a full combo in medium (yeah, I suck, but this is my first try playing this game lol )
I'm thinking in buying the JP version in the JP eshop, and then buy the western physical version her. Will that be a problem? I have never done this before (buying one game twice from different stores). My idea is that, since the majority here thinks that the songs will be different between regions, I can buy both versions and enjoy all songs.
I'll definitely buy the drums too, but probably here. I think they are way to expensive in PlayAsia (70USD + ~30 of shipping)
What do you think?

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
oh maaaan..
I just play the demo again, but now holding L or R for the blue notes and it was a completely different experience. I just made a full combo in medium (yeah, I suck, but this is my first try playing this game lol )
I'm thinking in buying the JP version in the JP eshop, and then buy the western physical version her. Will that be a problem? I have never done this before (buying one game twice from different stores). My idea is that, since the majority here thinks that the songs will be different between regions, I can buy both versions and enjoy all songs.
I'll definitely buy the drums too, but probably here. I think they are way to expensive in PlayAsia (70USD + ~30 of shipping)
What do you think?
See if amazon JP has a good price. I got the disc and two drums on ps4for less than $300 cdn shipped and it got here in two days.

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...er-drum-n-fun-studio-ghibli-pack-coming-on-au

There's a Ghibli pack coming for 500 yen on Aug 9th:

- Kimi o Nosete (Castle in the Sky)
- Tonari no Totoro
- Rouge no Dengon (Kiki's Delivery Service)
- Umi no Mieru Machi (Kiki's Delivery Service)
- Gake no Ue no Ponyo

Did we know about this or any other DLC coming? Would explain why the game's apparently a bit bare in songs I've heard.
Ps4 has a ton of dlc and a timed event already. I'd expect the same for the switch

AmosThatBook

Apr 6, 2018
oh maaaan..
What do you think?

I got my game on Amazon JP for $8 USD shipping and it came in one day. The drums were the same price for shipping and are looking like they will arrive just as quickly.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
How do you redeem the code that came with my Amazon order and the code found inside the box?

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
I have a similar problem, but I'll often get an edge hit when I'm aiming for the centre. I was already using the triggers to ensure an edge hit, but nothing solves the problem of it hitting the edge when I'm trying to hit the face. It is really frustrating :(

I hear you. I haven't experienced the game mistaking my center hit for an edge hit as often as you have, but it has definitely happened to me on occasion. Once in a blue moon I'll swing and the game doesn't even register a hit at all. And yet there's someone else in this thread whose experience was that no matter what they did, as long as the timing was right the correct hits would register.

After some more time playing with the motion controls I can full combo some low star songs pretty reliably so maybe it is just a timing issue (though I swear my timing is spot on and it still registers incorrect hits sometimes, who knows). Either way, it's a bit disappointing because even though I bought the drum I was really excited about playing with motion controls...my expectation going in was that they weren't going to be perfect but it's more of a struggle than I thought it would be.

How do you redeem the code that came with my Amazon order and the code found inside the box?

Go to Japanese eshop on your Switch and enter the codes there, the same way you would redeem an eshop card or enter a download code for a game.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
I can just do center hits all day and it will register as whatever the screen shows. However, if I really try to hit edge hits it might register as one or come out as a center hit, so somehow the auto-adjust only works for center hit movements.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
Hey, can someone help me out?

B23_AC247-4_E7_F-445_E-_A122-_F752376_B8380.jpg

I assume I'm in the right screen for TV settings. What do the sliders do here? (I set both to -15 because I'm like maybe that'll do it, and it's just made it a lot worse.)

Edit: I'm trying to decrease the lag.

Slider 1 is for the note display
Slider 2 is for the note determination
Slider 3 is for the drum controller

You can also hit the + button to do a test.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
What kind of shipping options are there on Amazon Japan for orders to the US? I'm trying to figure out if it'd be cheaper/faster to order the taiko controller on Amazon vs. amiami.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
How do you unlock songs? Is it just to play other songs a certain amount of times? I've unlocked maybe 5.

Unlock characters by playing the Party Games - You'll unlock new characters at certain milestones (i.e., played 15-20 times). I believe that I've unlocked all characters at
Unlock Songs by Playing songs in Performance Mode or Party Games (the total count combined for either/or is fine) - there are songs to unlock up to
combined total of 100 times

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It'd be nice if high scores could be separated by what input method you're using.

Like, I've got a drum kit on the way and I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna be getting scores as good as I can get with a Pro Controller.

Also, if I'm gonna be playing with friends what's the best way to keep track of their scores? Give them their own Switch profiles?

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
Almost can't believe how good Amazon JP's service is. My tatacon arrived today, 3 days after dispatch from Japan to UK, and without worrying about customs delays or excessive import charges. Excited to try out the game with this controller tonight.

Oct 27, 2017
Mine's set to arrive tomorrow evening. Really quick shipping and good price (amazon JP). Excited -- the last Taiko game I had was the one for PSP back in the day, and I was obseeeeessed with it.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Digital from Amazon JP. I am just wondering, I was given 2 codes, download and control.
I'm guessing the former is the same as the one I would have used if I did not click the link after my purchase that directed me to my account?
And what is the control code?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know roughly how long the drum's cable is? I'm pretty sure I'll need an extender but want to be sure.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
There is already, depending on the character there is auto correct or not on the hits
No, the game does this with all characters, including the first two drums in the list which are the "normal game" characters who don't give any help. Using motion controls, all that matters is perfect timing, if you have that the game auto-chooses center or edge (or double) as needed. It really ruined the game for me, I had to buy the drum to be able to play the game for real.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Game + Drums scheduled to deliver in the next couple of days from PlayAsia...can't wait

Last edited:

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
My order got dispatched on Wednesday, hopefully it gets here soon. Really excited for this one!

Sorta wish I had went with a code instead of importing from *that* site. Who knows when it'll turn up. Anyone else order from the UK?

Last edited:

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should i make a Japanese account for the game's dlc? and if so, any quick guide?
1.Get new email make
2. Make a new Nintendo account
3. Link the two.
4. Go to club Nintendo. And sign in with your new account.
5. Go into settings and edit ur region to Japan and save.
6. Log back into ur Nintendo account on ur switch how and enjoy.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to know if the PS4 drum is compatible with the Switch or if the Switch drum is compatible with the PS4, or if something like the Magic NS adapter would work for cross-platform compatibility.
Has anyone here gotten their drums to work cross-platform? Thanks in advance.
Interested in knowing this too, I know someone posted a link earlier in the thread for a different adapter (coov n100 or whatever it's called, but it's wired only) but I'm wondering if the Magic NS (or any other wired+wireless adapter) will work for PS4->Switch

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
Interested in knowing this too, I know someone posted a link earlier in the thread for a different adapter (coov n100 or whatever it's called, but it's wired only) but I'm wondering if the Magic NS (or any other wired+wireless adapter) will work for PS4->Switch
There's good and bad news regarding the drums. Good news, the switch tatacon works on the PS4 with a Cronusmax Plus adapter (As usual with this method, you need to use an usb hub and sacrifice a dualshock 4 to stop the controller from disconnecting every 10 mins).

And now the bad news, I think my tatacon is a dud :( I need to press down pretty hard with my hands to get it detect a hit. Definitely nothing like what I've seen from the videos online. I've tried it with both PS4 and Switch. Wonder if Amazon can ship me another if I show them the problem.. Not really looking forward to having to send this thing back if they ask me to.

EDIT: Ok, so it's either me expecting too much as it's my first tatacon and hearing that the sensitivity was improved. But I've played on it a bit more, and either the hit detection is getting better (still have to hit it harder than to my liking), or I was hitting the drum too lightly at the start. Probably a bit of both lol.

Last edited:

Gorki247

Feb 7, 2018
Have been struggling a bit with the calibration process. Managed to improve it somewhat, but still doesn't feel 100% right.

Is there no way to do this automatically on the Switch? I'm using the drum if it makes any difference.

Oct 25, 2017
Have been struggling a bit with the calibration process. Managed to improve it somewhat, but still doesn't feel 100% right.

Is there no way to do this automatically on the Switch? I'm using the drum if it makes any difference.

if you hit, like... L i think? on the timing offset screen it'll take you to a calibration mode where you move a slider to try to get beeps coming from the tv to sync with the joycon rumbling. that may work better

Gorki247

Feb 7, 2018
if you hit, like... L i think? on the timing offset screen it'll take you to a calibration mode where you move a slider to try to get beeps coming from the tv to sync with the joycon rumbling. that may work better

Thanks. That did help a bit more. Strangely it didn't work with my surround sound (couldn't hear the beeps), but was fine when switching to TV speakers instead.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else receive an email with 2 download codes from Amazon Japan?

The first code I entered did not work but the 2nd code I got worked when redeemed on the Nintendo eShop. Not sure what my options are.

Oct 25, 2017
What. The. Hell...

So I'm guessing notion controls work just fine in this?

that's a mock-play video from march. footage is from one of the wii u games, the just overlaid hypothetical joycon controls

Did anyone else receive an email with 2 download codes from Amazon Japan?

The first code I entered did not work but the 2nd code I got worked when redeemed on the Nintendo eShop. Not sure what my options are.

same thing here. if you have toy symphony (the amazon preorder song) and gold don-chan (inside the box), then you've got everything. not sure what that code is all about myself.

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
There's good and bad news regarding the drums. Good news, the switch tatacon works on the PS4 with a Cronusmax Plus adapter (As usual with this method, you need to use an usb hub and sacrifice a dualshock 4 to stop the controller from disconnecting every 10 mins).

And now the bad news, I think my tatacon is a dud :( I need to press down pretty hard with my hands to get it detect a hit. Definitely nothing like what I've seen from the videos online. I've tried it with both PS4 and Switch. Wonder if Amazon can ship me another if I show them the problem.. Not really looking forward to having to send this thing back if they ask me to.

EDIT: Ok, so it's either me expecting too much as it's my first tatacon and hearing that the sensitivity was improved. But I've played on it a bit more, and either the hit detection is getting better (still have to hit it harder than to my liking), or I was hitting the drum too lightly at the start. Probably a bit of both lol.
my ps4 one took a session or two to break in. It works really well now. Just keep playing, it should loosen up

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
my ps4 one took a session or two to break in. It works really well now. Just keep playing, it should loosen up
I hope so, otherwise I may have to think about modding it, which I didn't think I'd have to do. Just seeing others online take theirs straight out of the box and showing that a light brush/tap registers, while mine needs a sharp whack just doesn't seem isn't right. Can't see me improving much if I'm fighting the controller more than the game.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I want to ask once more, after my digital purchase on Amazon on the game, I was shown 2 codes. Does anyone know what they both are for.
I realize one is probably for the game. Is the other for that website someone linked earlier to give feedback on the game and make DLC requests?

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
I want to ask once more, after my digital purchase on Amazon on the game, I was shown 2 codes. Does anyone know what they both are for.
I realize one is probably for the game. Is the other for that website someone linked earlier to give feedback on the game and make DLC requests?

I know one code is to redeem a extra song (Toy Symphony I think)

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
If you mean the code with 4 letters followed by 12 numbers, I haven't found a place to use it. Mine ends in 1013.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
If you mean the code with 4 letters followed by 12 numbers, I haven't found a place to use it. Mine ends in 1013.

While I didn't order this game from Amazon, If you're talking about the 管理番号 It's just a control number. All Amazon.jp digital codes come with them. In fact, my Golden Don-Chan code email from Nintendo (I bought the game on the eShop) contained a control number as well, which specifies 管理番号(お問い合わせ用)that it's for "inquiry use". So basically it exists if for some reason your code didn't work Amazon.jp (or in my case Nintendo) can track it on their end.

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, i want this game so bad, but I don't want to buy the game alone, I want the drums for it as well.
My hand keeps hovering over the order button, but I keep hesitating.