• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it was the control number I was talking about. Thanks for the replies. That makes sense.
Not sure why I could not redeem the Toy Symphony code though. I dont think I used that before.

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
Yes it was the control number I was talking about. Thanks for the replies. That makes sense.
Not sure why I could not redeem the Toy Symphony code though. I dont think I used that before.
The digital copy on Amazon doesn't have the Toy Symphony bonus song, only the "Amazon.co.jp Limited" physical does, which is currently ¥900 more than the standard. It'll probably be sold later on the e-shop for¥150 if it's like Drum Session's store specific dlc.

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
How long ago did you place your order Super?
I keep on flipflopping on if I should order or not.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Saw an Taiko Force v5 on Reddit, and then a few vids on Youtube. Those are really cool. Too much for me though, I'll never get that good.

Also thanks for the replies about the DLC song.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
The digital copy on Amazon doesn't have the Toy Symphony bonus song, only the "Amazon.co.jp Limited" physical does, which is currently ¥900 more than the standard. It'll probably be sold later on the e-shop for¥150 if it's like Drum Session's store specific dlc.

That explains that! I was wondering why I didn't get an emailed code from Amazon.

Does this game make anyone else hope ever so badly for a Point Blank entry on the Switch? The zany art style reminds me so much for the old Namco Point Blank games. I wonder if that old developer crew worked on the Taiko series afterwards....

Gorki247

Feb 7, 2018
Was surprised by how quick Amazon JP was. Game and drum were shipped on release day and arrived this Monday (I'm in the UK).

Will consider them again when looking for imports.

Oct 27, 2017
How long ago did you place your order Super?
I keep on flipflopping on if I should order or not.
Hey, everyone already answered but I didn't. Sorry about that. Like blackMamba1187, I ordered on Friday and it got to me in NYC yesterday. Incredibly quick, cheap shipping, and the game and drum were discounted a tiny bit too. (Still a pricey bundle, but then I remember those Rock Band days and don't feel so bad.)

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Mine just came a day early. I do think I'm going to go for a set of Bachi if I like the game. They seem to have great grip.

Gorki247

Feb 7, 2018
Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! sold 69,984 retail copies during its first week of release in Japan and is the number one release this week.

Source: Gematsu

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if my TV is a big issue in playing this game, it has 34ms input lag. I've messed around with the settings in the game itself a bit but it really has not changed too much.

Oct 27, 2017
Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! sold 69,984 retail copies during its first week of release in Japan and is the number one release this week.

Source: Gematsu
Dang. That's great. Probably will help push it to be released elsewhere.

Wonder if my TV is a big issue in playing this game, it has 34ms input lag. I've messed around with the settings in the game itself a bit but it really has not changed too much.
It took me a good hour last night messing with the settings to get it to feel right, and I still don't think I have it completely right. A lot of guesswork.

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
I just used the auto adjustment press L at the TV options menu in game. The one where you sync up the rumble sound the from right joy-con to the sound coming from your speakers.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Damn, the joycon motion control really just plain doesn't work, incredible. I know it could work, I have seen Nintendo did it back on the Wii

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Got my drum, went from *hating* the game to *loving* it. Feels just like the arcade! A bit loud, hopefully it's not *too* loud through the wall to bug my roommate/landlord. Note, I'm playing with wooden sticks just like the arcade ones (rounded, not those weird kinda-cheaty pointy things). What sucks is, my TV's sound bar adds quite a lot of audio lag it turns out (and my crappy TV speakers still add a little). But, I can at least play with headphones plugged into the Switch for a zero-lag experience.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
This is ridiculously fun. Haven't played with the taiko controller since like 2012. I'm still getting used to the timing though since it takes way longer to hit a note physically than to just hit a button on a controller. Is there a way to adjust this?

Edit: found an answer on the previous page. What does the middle slider do though? I'm trying to keep everything in sync. I thought I got things synced well for playing songs but then I tried the party games and completely failed the two I tried. It seemed like no matter what I hit the notes way too late, even when I felt like I was totally in rhythm. Can anyone give me some tips?

Last edited:

SephirothRK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to use my ps4 drum on the switch ver. with the ps3/ps4 to switch brook converter. all the buttons work also. Unfortunately it only work when plugged into the dock.

Oct 27, 2017
A quick question for people with the Switch drum. Does it register as a pro controller when you sync it to your system? I'm thinking about importing a drum for the western release and want to be assured it works.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Got my copy a week ago but finally got down to give this a try. The motion controls were absolutely horrible at first but once you pick up the deliberate actions required for detection it became really fun.

Edit: There's a free Shinkalion song on the eshop!

Last edited:

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
A quick question for people with the Switch drum. Does it register as a pro controller when you sync it to your system? I'm thinking about importing a drum for the western release and want to be assured it works.
The image displayed for it in the system menu does look like a pro controller, with "USB" text underneath.
Will the drums come to the west?
Apparently there is no plan to release the drums in the west for now.
https://www.bemanistyle.com/taiko-n...e-north-america-and-europe-on-ps4-and-switch/
BemaniStyle said:
We heard back from Bandai Namco, and as of now, there is no set plan to bring the drum controller to North America.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Played this in a tokyo arcade and loved it. Will buy IF they release the drums here. That's the whole point!?! Those who imported from amazon japan or wherever, does this play on your NA Switch without any issues? Including the drum? I don't need a JP eshop account or anything like that?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Demo just has two songs but I loved it. Hope they release a physical version with the drums. Even though I don't think it'll happen.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Played this in a tokyo arcade and loved it. Will buy IF they release the drums here. That's the whole point!?! Those who imported from amazon japan or wherever, does this play on your NA Switch without any issues? Including the drum? I don't need a JP eshop account or anything like that?

You don't need a JP account to play the game, but you'll need one if you want to get any of the DLC (including the free one that's up at the moment). Making a Japanese account is really easy - go to Nintendo's site, make a new account with the region set to Japan (using a different email address to your main one), make a new user profile on your Switch, link it with the new account, done.

edamame

Oct 28, 2017

The game and the drum work great on my NA Switch, no issues. You don't need a JP eshop account to play, but you do need one if you want to get DLC. There's a free song available right now as DLC but if you try downloading it with an NA account you get an error message.

Edit: beaten

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
You don't need a JP account to play the game, but you'll need one if you want to get any of the DLC (including the free one that's up at the moment). Making a Japanese account is really easy - go to Nintendo's site, make a new account with the region set to Japan (using a different email address to your main one), make a new user profile on your Switch, link it with the new account, done.

Awesome, thanks. I can't region switch because I have like $100 eshop credit in my account, my understanding is that switching regions causes you to lose credit?

The game and the drum work great on my NA Switch, no issues. You don't need a JP eshop account to play, but you do need one if you want to get DLC. There's a free song available right now as DLC but if you try downloading it with an NA account you get an error message.

Edit: beaten

Awesome. Looking for that arcade experience at home. Will import :)

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I just tried a few songs and mini games with the drum and I was doing horrible -

There is a strong possibility I am shit at the game but I had a feeling of lag between my hits and th registration, and in the games I missed almost all the hits...

I still need to check all the controls and options, and try to play with buttons to assess my shittyness level, but I really hope the controller is not the problem considering I paid 100€ for it
(ㆀ˘・з・˘)

I saw a menu for checking tv lag - but didn't understand how to set it right. I will wait for the English patch in August I guess.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Eh, it's not like the handheld ones have physical drums to begin with. It's still a very fun rhythm game without the drums, though I would prefer to have that option too. I just can't see how taking a risk on plastic instruments for a niche release in the US would be a good idea in 2018. That being said, if the US tracklist is good enough to get me to buy them (I might import otherwise), I will likely end up importing the drums (Switch + adapter...?) depending on the cost.

And the Switch is region free; only game you might run into issues with is MMOs that IP block, I think. I believe the only reason you'd need a JP eShop account is to get any DLC, but someone more familiar with that can speak to it.

EDIT: whoops, beaten

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I just tried a few songs and mini games with the drum and I was doing horrible -

There is a strong possibility I am shit at the game but I had a feeling of lag between my hits and th registration, and in the games I missed almost all the hits...

I still need to check all the controls and options, and try to play with buttons to assess my shittyness level, but I really hope the controller is not the problem considering I paid 100€ for it
(ㆀ˘・з・˘)

I saw a menu for checking tv lag - but didn't understand how to set it right. I will wait for the English patch in August I guess.

Apologies to the people I'm about to notify by quoting, but I think the following should be enough info to set it if you'd rather not wait?

Hey, can someone help me out?

B23_AC247-4_E7_F-445_E-_A122-_F752376_B8380.jpg

I assume I'm in the right screen for TV settings. What do the sliders do here? (I set both to -15 because I'm like maybe that'll do it, and it's just made it a lot worse.)

Edit: I'm trying to decrease the lag.
Slider 1 is for the note display
Slider 2 is for the note determination
Slider 3 is for the drum controller

You can also hit the + button to do a test.
if you hit, like... L i think? on the timing offset screen it'll take you to a calibration mode where you move a slider to try to get beeps coming from the tv to sync with the joycon rumbling. that may work better

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could do the bachi roll. It looks fun in videos. No idea how people do all that kind of stuff.