• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
More Hasbro board games!

http://www.gamerating.org.tw/

I don't know how to link to specific listings, but if you click the button on the right of the search bar, select Switch, and then select 2018 from the drop-down menu, and then click the left button on the bottom, you'll see both on the list.

This follows the release of Monopoly on Switch which was ported by Engine Software, who also recently did Little Nightmares: Complete Edition on Switch, so I say it's likely they're on these as well.

How are these on other consoles?

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
O man risk will be sweet. Play it so much on my phone. Wish it would be the old xbox 360 one. Put so many hours into that one.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they aren't garbage ports like the Monopoly one. The PS4/XB1 version of RISK is dammed fun, and I think I got it for like three dollars or something on a sale. Supports one controller multiplayer too.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL this totally makes up for Devs of every other game saying "there are no plans" or other answers when asked if there will be a switch port of their games

Ubisoft reading the room correctly. Take note third parties

You have to be joking?
Were you one of those who praised the gods every time a Petz or a Catz or whatever got released on the Wii?
Ubisoft has a rather robust category.....Switch gets f'ing half assed board games.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
If these will be as expensive as Monopoly, I'll pass. Hopefully they'll follow Uno's pricing instead.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Trivial Pursuit would be day one with an online mode.
Day 1 if they continually update the questions with free updates and DLC.
I had Trivial Pursuit for Wii and loved it but there wasn't a lot of questions, they were getting reused after only a few games.
Is this a different Trivial Pursuit from that game?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC the last Trivial Pursuit game they made was basically Trivial Pursuit in name only.

I had tons of fun with the one they made for 360, though.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Really ubisoft? im a big fan of your games, but why put so much effort into these shovelware titles when you can use the manpower to release i dont know.... assassins creed rogue(or a new one if possible) on switch....

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Monopoly is pretty disappointing...there was so much they potentially could have done to make it better.

Little things like having the tokens animate instead of floating a long to the next space.

Fingers crossed these are much better.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'd be down for Risk if it's a good port (not a good record on that one...) and reasonably priced (not a good record on that one either...).

The best part about this news is that it gives me a baseline for what to expect out of Ubi's E3 conference (+Starlink and Just Dance) when it comes to their Switch support; now it'll be quite difficult for me to get disappointed!

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
Bizarre to see Ubi offer Switch less core offerings than the Wii U so far.

Just who exactly do they think the Switch demographic is? Have they not been paying attention?

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
I seriously doubt these are the same teams...
Im not saying that, i just say use the manpower to do something substantial.

In the wiiu era ac3 and 4 where ported by Ubisoft Quebec and they did a fairly good job, while having to deal with a lower clocked cpu that all next gen console have to deal with.

True ps4 and xbox one have 8 cores(5 for games iirc) but they where clocked significantly lower than lets say the xbox 360 cpu cores.