• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

In this song, the lyrics go

Take me home tonight
I don't want to let you go till you see the light
Take me home tonight
Listen honey
Just like Ronnie sang
Be my little baby
Oh, oh, oh

Who is Ronnie? What does it mean? This has bothered me for a long time.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I assume it's about Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes. The Ronettes song was Be My Baby.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Also, no I'm going to have that song stuck in my head the rest of the day.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
1964-be-my-baby-belgium-270.jpg

Gorgamel

Oct 25, 2017
While we're talking about Eddie Money. Something has always bothered me, not about Eddie Money, but about Cher.

Eddie has a song called "If I could Walk on Water", and a few years later, Cher did a song called "If I Could Turn Back Time", which IMO is a blatant ripp-off of Eddie's song.

What say you, ERA?

Note: I'm on mobile and it's a bit of a pain to link the songs. But will do so when I get to a PC.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
And what about that guy from the other song that wishes he was Jessie's girl?
Rick Springfield wished he had Jessie's girl. That song was very popular when I was in high school and so ingrained in my memory I never really paid attention to the lyrics until recently. I always assumed it was about two people in unrequited love; no, it's about a guy who's jealous of/in love with his friend's girlfriend who loves the boyfriend unreservedly.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wished that some current pop star would do a song that includes the line "just like Eddie said, take me home tonight" in the chorus, and have him featured on it, effectively starting a chain that could stretch through the ages.

Then 20-30 years from now, the NEXT person could sing "just like Taylor (or whoever) said, ____________" and have her sit in and sing whatever it is, and so on.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Literally could've googled this in one second, OP. Shame.
No fun in that!

Thanks all. It's sort of disappointing that Ronnie is not featured in the title of the song. It's always "Take me Home Tonight by Eddie Money". Not, "Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money Feat. Ronnie Spector".