• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
While meaningful updates will always be welcome, they can coexist with BC versions of games. I'm sure that Take-Two would love to sell the same games as many times as possible, but I'm equally certain that they enjoyed Red Dead Redemption's boost to sales thanks to the BC program on Xbox One, and they didn't have to lift a finger to make that happen.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
they say that but they still more than welcomed the renewed sales of GTAIV and RDR when both became BC

they're basically saying they want to have the cake and eat it, then have the plate, and the whole bakery. which is normal for 2k

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was anyone surprised by this response? People doubled even tripled up on gtav. If the people will pay I'd do the same. Apples been hip to this for years now

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Imagine a world where we had both and consumers can make the choice on their own which they wanted to have and play.

Now keep imagining because that would make too much sense to really exist.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Publisher prefers it if you buy the same game multiple times...I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
"And secondly, because the title was so extraordinary that it remained the standard bearer for the new generation straight through until the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 because nothing stood up to it technically or creatively."

A humble statement, if I've ever seen one.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
And yet here we are still waiting for remasters of several games like Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, Midnight Club LA etc.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the take two remarks...you could swap them out for another third party and they'd most likely say the same exact thing

The actual market they port to is mostly going to be new purchasers as targets for microtransactions, but sure, double/triple dipping is the thing to get mad about when people do that when a game first comes out too. Of course it's a reason they do it, but it's extremely far from the main one.

I don't know, I guess singular narratives are easier?

Apr 16, 2018
He was asked if a potential re-release of Red Dead Redemption 2 would be complicated due to Microsoft & Sony's push into backward compatibility and essentially says 'No' - primarily because what made Grand Theft Auto V's remaster so unique previously was "the content was meaningfully updated with amazing new features" not the absence of competing backward compatibility industry standardization.

And honestly, on that - I thoroughly agree.

Let's stress this. Rockstar spent a year upgrading the visuals of the product to make it look current-gen, they added qualify of life touches, and they altogether added a new way to experience the game...in first-person. The online portion is better, too, obviously.

If they go that far with a RDR2 on next-gen, they will have earned that $60 again in the minds of most consumers.
The real question is, how many publishers will have developers put in that much work on a title remaster? Certainly not many, as very few titles can financially justify it.

This.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I could see them making a remastered version for nextgen and with real HDR this time around, or whatever the PC version ends up looking like. I know the version we have now will be BC, but I dont see RDR2 online being supported much, like GTA online ending support in 2015 for PS3 and 360.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I have no problem with just waiting to play the next gen Definitive Edition Remastered PC release. I'm not buying the game twice.

Luckily my brother has it on PS4, saving me the money this gen.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Its not an either or situation.

Many People who love BC titles will still buy
quailty remakes, up ports and remasters.

Almost everyone of my favorite BC titles would benefit from a remake and id be quite happy to buy that as well.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Not surprising, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PS5 & XB2 is probably going stay in Top 10 Monthly NPDs til GTA6 comes out.