• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
www.ign.com

GTA 6 Might Be Coming Out as Soon as Next Year - IGN

Publisher Take-Two Interactive may have just teased the release window for the next entry in the biggest gaming franchise of all time: Grand Theft Auto 6. It may be on the way as soon as next year.
From their earnings report:
Looking ahead, Fiscal 2025 is a highly anticipated year for our Company," the release states. "For the last several years, we have been preparing our business to release an incredibly robust pipeline of projects that we believe will take our company to even greater levels of success. In Fiscal 2025, we expect to enter this new era by launching several groundbreaking titles that we believe will set new standards in our industry and enable us to achieve over $8 billion in Net Bookings and over $1 billion in Adjusted Unrestricted Operating Cash Flow. We expect to sustain this momentum by delivering even higher levels of operating results in Fiscal 2026 and beyond.
The article from IGN further clarifies why these details likely imply very big launches next fiscal year:
For one, Take-Two's net bookings this past fiscal year reached $5.3 billion - a record annual high. Notably, this record was reached thanks to the contributions of Zynga, which it acquired last year. Prior to this, Take-Two's regular annual net bookings were looking roughly in $3 billion ballpark and steadily rising - it took the acquisition of a major mobile developer to see them leap over $1 billion in the space of a single year.

So to achieve a goal of $8 billion, Take-Two would need to make significant acquisitions, or release nearly double the amount of games it historically has, or release at least one absolute behemoth of a game.

To me at least that certainly sounds like they plan on launching GTA6 (and other "groundbreaking" titles, Bioshock?) next fiscal year, as in by March 2025, especially given they expect to make very high profits the following year as development costs will shift to sustaining and expanding the game as players buy more copies and micro transactions.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we might get something like a teaser around GTA V's 10th anniversary.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
GTAVI will be doing unprecedented numbers im sure. Theres always a delay with Rockstar though. So at this point I'm more excited for a trailer.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Finally, a new GTA over 10 years later! It's crazy to think that a new installment in the franchise skipped a whole console generation... Unless its cross gen.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling GTA VI may finally show us what the hardware of the current gen consoles are truly capable of doing. There's a good chance this game sets the graphical and technical bar for this generation of games.

I'm still amazed to this day that GTA V was an Xbox 360/PS3 game.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Anyone wanna take a stab at what that file size for VI is going to be?

It's going to be wild right? Like a COD game and a half or something.

Maybe we might get something like a teaser around GTA V's 10th anniversary.
Makes some sense.

I'm expecting an anniversary update to GTA V...where a fifth of the songs get gutted due to licenses and saves get busted.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably one of the few people who wasn't interested in getting GTAV. Hopefully GTA6 wins me over, but it depends on how I feel about the story and characters.

We'll see soon enough hopefully! :)

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder which Horizon game will launch alongside it...
Eoc06m8UwAATI5r

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I personally have zero interest in another cynical GTA experience. That and anything involving gun violence doesn't land with me these days (thanks, America!).

But the game will be massive. No doubt about that.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I have a feeling GTA VI may finally show us what the hardware of the current gen consoles are truly capable of doing. There's a good chance this game sets the graphical and technical bar for this generation of games.

Ah that's why PlayStation are launching a PS5 Pro in 2024.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
GTAVI will be the biggest game launch of all time no questions asked especially if it will come to all platforms.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
6 years isn't too bad for a new Rockstar game. I just hope that they reconsider the "all hands on deck" approach to development after this launches, I miss the Rockstar that pushed out 6 different games between GTA 4 and 5.

xpownz

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Feb 13, 2020
So they will start producing the next RDR in 2025...I hope I'm still alive in 2033 lol

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Bioshock will be massive, massive team work on it.

31st Union games is massive too.

GTA 6

T2 will cook

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
In addition to GTA VI, I also wouldn't be surprised with a RDR remaster for current-gen consoles and PC.

chubbpenguin

Banned
Jan 16, 2023
Willing to bet we ain't seeing this until late 2024 - mid 2025

This is Rockstar we're talking about, a corporation that released GTAV on 3 console generations. No way they missing out on a cut of that last gen money.

2 console gens that came AFTER the original release. Gta VI will not be cross gen in fucking 2025. Last gen versions of games are selling less and less, theres no shot.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Agree.

And the current gen version shouldn't be dismissed.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if they're excluding prior gen? Doubt they would want to for the sales records but I can dream.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
A brave publisher launches a game within a week of this so no doubt it will be Titanfall 3.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
I don't think we're prepared for the insanity that's about to take place when GTA6 releases