• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

l_5c988c8141a68.jpg

―― What will Luminous Productions go on to do now that Episode Ardyn is finished?

Terada: The team that created 'FFXV' wants to create a new AAA title that is not an existing IP, it is why Luminous Productions was born. I can not talk about the details, but like "FFXV", I will create a game based on a new world drawn with high quality, high end. Please be assured that the next project is already in motion.

Guess Terada might be directing then. Now that Episode Ardyn is out, it's safe to assume that the entire development team will move onto this new project and full-scale development has begun.

UvqCvpJ.png

Last edited:

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Dude on the left has gigantic head from that perspective. It's weird.

Calling FFXVI, and Ito better be the director.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
Transcending history and the world, a tale of announcements and delays, eternally retold

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
interesting to see if Terada is directing

would be nice seeing some new blood at Square Enix getting projects

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious about whether Terada is directing the new project.

I think the FFXV DLC he directed (Episode Ignis and Episode Ardyn) are some of the strongest things to come out of FFXV as a whole, so I think a full game directed by him could do some interesting things.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, SE cares so little about Luna, they couldn't even remember what her name was.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
"high quality, high end" does not give me any faith in the project. I feel like that moniker is what led to FFXV/XIII being the 'failures' they were - heck, even the first release of FFXIV. From what I saw in the FFXIV development documentary from NoClip, Square's production focus on high-quality graphics is what led to it being a mess.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They can't ship good AAA games anymore. The talent they have just isn't working on those projects. FFXIII, FFXV and KH3 are all individually dogshit for different reasons. This won't be any different.

Just give the money for this to Yoko Taro.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait until they show it off in five years, rename it two years later and release it three years later.

I have zero faith SE can produce and ship anything without one massive overhaul of the project just before the full production deadline.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
HFrKrjR.gif

Calling FFXVI, and Ito better be the director.
Have you read the OP? 🤔
as usually they announce things too early.
Uh, they're just saying they're working on a new AAA project (who would've thought!?), which we've known since 2017 when it was in pre-production, anyway. It's not like they have revealed anything about it yet. Tabata actually said he didn't want to reveal it until it was closer to release, though he's obviously not there anymore so who knows, but SE has been reducing the reveal-to-release time for most of their games especially recently, see SotTR, JC4, LiS2, TQM etc. that were revealed less than 6 months before release, so they might keep with that plan.
Tabata: I'll let you know that we won't be announcing anything for quite a while! I remember what you told me two years ago at Gamescom - without a release date, why did you come to Gamescom! I'm not going to do that again!

Source.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
HFrKrjR.gif

Have you read the OP? 🤔

Uh, they're just saying they're working on a new AAA project (who would've thought!?), which we've known since 2017 when it was in pre-production, anyway. It's not like they have revealed anything about it yet. Tabata actually said he didn't want to reveal it until it was closer to release, though he's obviously not there anymore so who knows, but SE has been reducing the reveal-to-release time for most of their games especially recently, see SotTR, JC4, LiS2, TQM etc. that were revealed less than 6 months before release, so they might keep with that plan.

It's a good thing. Look at Capcom they announced RE7 before six months for the launch date. The same thing they did with RE2 R and DMC 5.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good thing. Look at Capcom they announced RE7 before six months for the launch date. The same thing they did with RE2 R and DMC 5.
They announced RE2 in 2015. Then didn't show anything until the reveal at E3 2018. Cyberpunk was announced in 2012 and wasn't shown until 2018. Bethesda announced TES6 early af too. It's not like others don't announce projects early (sometimes to drive up interest for the hiring process).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Terada directed Episode Ignis and Episode Ardyn, right? Those were my favorite DLCs for FF15 (and I thought they were some of the best content in that game as a whole), so I'm excited to see what comes next.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Koozek how much did you pay for the Royal Ed and ep Ardyn, were they cheap where you live?
Like a true fan I'm waiting for the eventual Complete Edition.
Terada directed Episode Ignis and Episode Ardyn, right? Those were my favorite DLCs for FF15 (and I thought they were some of the best content in that game as a whole), so I'm excited to see what comes next.
Yeah, he did.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Instead of next gen platform they just wrote PS5. I didn't even know they could do that.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Calling it now: It's gunna be a cool game concept that Square will fold into the Final Fantasy brand.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I was thinking, it's a big opportunity for Square Enix to expand its catalogue with a new AAA IP. It would give less dependency from FF/DQ franchise.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of expecting this title to not come out that late into PS5's life cycle. The staff at Luminous is time savvy and I believe they kept stuff from the previous pre-production phase.

If I were to guess, it's likely than we get to play this around the time a second Final Fantasy VII Remake entry releases.

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
Please don't be an Anthem/Destiny shlooter trend chaser...

Just going buy what Comrades was trying to be it feels like that...

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't be an Anthem/Destiny shlooter trend chaser...

Just going buy what Comrades was trying to be it feels like that...

If you were to choose between this project, the next mainline Final Fantasy and one of the Final Fantasy VII Remake releases to be a Destiny-clone, what which one would you pick? A sacrifice must be made.