• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Resident Evil 8 ?

RE:3 Remake ?

Onimusha RE:Engine ?

Pick one

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to add speculation and flavor to what he said a bit, the surprise title he's talking about is not a Resident Evil game, and is pretty far along in development. Almost assuredly going to be announced next year and released the year after.

Thanks for this. I was hoping it wouldn't be a RE game as we have REmake 2 our next month. Something new and fresh is always good to have on the table so I'm excited to see what it could be.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm convinced Onimusha has been planned for ages. Unsure if it's the one currently being worked on though, since it could have been one of the cancelled projects they've talked around.

I WANT TO BELIEVE IT'S A NEW BREATH OF FIRE THOUGH. CAPCOM, PLS.

Mar 23, 2018
Just to add speculation and flavor to what he said a bit, the surprise title he's talking about is not a Resident Evil game, and is pretty far along in development. Almost assuredly going to be announced next year and released the year after.

Oh yes, this definitely seems like a dinosaurian crisis stuff, right there

I'd like to see Monster Hunter or Dragon's Dogma on the RE engine, though :/ We can wait. Dino Crisis fans have been waiting for sooooooooome more time, so they should be on the top of the list.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Its finally time

New Chaos Legion

Chaos_Legion_Wallpaper_HD_1.jpg

To be honest , i want this more in my life than DMC.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is probably working on a new Onimusha. Don't forget guys, the Onimusha Warlords port comes out next month.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Here's another interesting quote from the interview, from when Takeuchi was asked if it was a coincidence that RE:2 and RE7 have such similar release dates:

There are various reasons for this, but the biggest one is that we want people to come to expect major Capcom releases every January. To put it more bluntly, we want to send a message to other publishers that they should try to avoid releasing games during that window as much as possible… I hope to be in a position to announce a major title every year from now on.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing Capcom is done with Nintendo development. Only support that would come from them would be PS2 era remasters and retro compilations. There's Ace Attorney, but I really doubt we will ever see Shu Takumi produced and written real deal series over here.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
That new game is probably Onimusha since its part of the RE style game. Unless its a new dino crisis...

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
And one more. Here's Takeuchi's answer to what the most memorable moment of his 30 year Capcom career was:

"Every time we release a new Resident Evil, [Shinji] Mikami always calls me. But usually he just discusses other matters, and then at the end makes some small reference to the new game. But when Resident Evil 7 came out, he called me and said, right off the bat "I played RE7. It was good!" I think that was the first time he'd ever praised one of our Resident Evil releases. That was the moment it hit me that we'd finally made a Resident Evil of our own, and it was deeply moving for me."

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So great seeing Capcom back to form. Would love to see some of their legacy titles, like Ghosts and Goblins or Trojan, make a return. Even if not in big AAA RE Engine fashion (naturally), it would just be cool to get new versions of some of those old games.

Fuck... I'm hoping Square gets their shit together after KH3 releases and joins them in this resurgence. Oh... and... wait for it......... Konami. ;)

You mean the sauare enix that released octopath traveler, dq11, nier automata, Kh3 and other great games in this gen? lol

also, lol at the konami. They're not idiots to go back to focus on console when they're doing well focusing more on mobile first and later on console.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think they would be doing an Onimusha reboot since they have 1 coming out soon. Dino Crisis seems more likely. Would look sick in the engine too

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Wow Godhand 2, I never though I would see the day.
pfft Godhand, everyone knows it's Final Fight 4 with guest appearances from Street Fighter mainstays Chun-Li and Ken visiting Cody during his re-election campaign!

Guy and Haggar will be there too, attending the world championship title match between The Scorpion and Gunloc!

I just want a Street Fighter shared universe beatem up with everyone from Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Saturday Night Slam Masters, and Final Fight making an appearance.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
You mean the sauare enix that released octopath traveler, dq11, nier automata, Kh3 and other great games in this gen? lol

also, lol at the konami. They're not idiots to go back to focus on console when they're doing well focusing more on mobile first and later on console.

You're a jovial one. :)

I would just love to see S-E continue ramping it up. This gen has been much better than last, IMO, so I hope Luminous works out, they feel comfy with UE4, keep feeding their smaller dev teams, and FFVII:R/FFXVI/new IPs are exciting & successful.

My Konami comment, if you know anything about me (which you probably don't), was more pie-in-the-sky, tongue-in-cheek. I truthfully have no expectations of them ever being a force in the console realm again, sadly. It's nice to dream, though.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Here's another interesting quote from the interview, from when Takeuchi was asked if it was a coincidence that RE:2 and RE7 have such similar release dates:
There are various reasons for this, but the biggest one is that we want people to come to expect major Capcom releases every January. To put it more bluntly, we want to send a message to other publishers that they should try to avoid releasing games during that window as much as possible… I hope to be in a position to announce a major title every year from now on.

Look at this big dick G over here lol

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Can we please get Revelations 3 soon to fill the void of stuff like Umbrella Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City

Crankafoo

Dec 3, 2018
Canada
Extremely impressed with how REmake 2 and DMC5 are shaping up; RE Engine seems godly. Can't wait to see what other treats Dev1 has in store for us.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a game that they said would elicit the response of "They're making that?" all that can come to mind is God Hand or Haunting Ground/Clock Tower, or some other super obscure IP.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Capgods went from being my favorite developer for practically all of the 90s and early 00s, to me not caring much at all about their output after RE4 until Dragon's Dogma (and then nosediving again). Seems like they are slowly, but surely ascending that peak again. They will still probably not be able to reach quite the same heights though with so much of the driving talent from that era missing. Still, being able to sit next to FROM is good company. I mean damn, two of my three most anticipated games of next year are from Capcom.

Wow they're making Dragon's Dogma 2?
Finally.

please

They really do need to make it, but if they do, they need to stick to their own vision of the game and not follow the typical cookie cutter trends almost all other open-world styled games copy. The first game was a pretty good attempt, but the areas could have been slightly more open, and with less repetitive dialogue. The game already had pretty good dungeons, and Dark Arisen just expanded upon the best parts. It's still probably the only "sorta" open-world game that actually had dungeons that were truly fun to go through. Also, I can't think of any other game that I have ever played where magic was so tactile. You felt powerful. But in the end, the game really was just a remake of their 90s D&D arcade games. Probably why it was so good.

Last edited:

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
"wow, they're making that?" is Dino Crisis, isn't it.

But I can't really think of any other Capcom properties I would actually want to get back. Well, a new Dragon's Dogma, but maybe after DMC5.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
God I hope DMCV and RE2 pay off for them. Capcom is killing it lately and I'll continue to buy their games day 1 if they keep the streak up.

Hopefully RE3 Remake is actually coming.