• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
In an interview with Famitsu, veteran Capcom producer Jun Takeuchi speaks about Division 1's new initiative, starting with RE7 in 2017, Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5. He also highlights some of the improvements RE Engine comes with on their new titles.

(Please note that this is a machine translation of the original Japanese article, so there might be some elements that were lost in translation/misintempreted. Japanese speakers are welcomed to make corrections).

EDIT: Thanks to Takuhi for correction of this particular bit:
Let me fix your first two bolded quotes:

"If we keep gradually increasing the size of our staff, I'm thinking that at some point maybe we might be able to handle four AAA titles at once."

Also, in addition to that, we're currently working on a title that will make our fans think, "wow, they're making that?"

"Development of" RE: 2 "and" DMC 5 "has already begun at the stage when" Biohazard 7 "is under development. These 3 titles, 3 teams are the mainstay of CS First Division. The staff also increased little by little, I think that one should turn 4 large titles.

--CS May I ask you about the future prospects of the first development department?
First of all, I think that it is the first time to deliver RE2 and DMC5 to everyone. I hope to do the next new challenge from there. Your voice is very important. I'd like to listen to various voices such as "I wish it was this place", "I want something like this". I think that it will come time to make a major renewal in the future Biohazard, but until then I would like to accumulate the power that we can make ideal. Also, another title is surprisingly developed by everyone "Are you making this?"

...will also improve the quality and lie will disappear. Because lying comes in for sure by making it with CG. (This is probably refferring to the uncanny effect) Scanning costumes will bring reality and weight to the screen, right? However, compared to Bio7, costumes of DMC5 are all custom made, so it costs about 10 times as much money. Commitment of the director is so terrible, I said "Do not you just make it with cloth?" When saying "I do not want to be all leather," he says.

Although the basic part is the same, it is an image that can be flexible according to the game. For example, the face animation of DMC5 has evolved considerably compared to Bio7. There is a scene that delicately smoothes his eyes and narrows his eyes and laughs with huge, but the staff of Bio7 that saw it had regretted that "I wanted to do that!" Although RE ENGINE has evolved, I think that it is great that the staff is mastering it.

Via Famitsu (full interview): https://www.famitsu.com/news/201812/05168410.html

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my gosh, how the heck are Capcom pumping out these amazing titles one after the other? Whatever changed after 2016, hope they keep it that way, I'm loving the new Capcom.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom Division 1 is poised to become my favorite dev in the industry. That's of course if DMCV and RE2 hit and pretty much all signs are pointing to yes.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
In an interview with Famitsu, Capcom producer spoke about Division 1's new initiative, starting with RE7 in 2017, Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5.

(Please note that this is a machine translation of the original Japanese article, so there might be some elements that were lost in translation/misintempreted. Japanese speakers are welcomed to make corrections).

--CS May I ask you about the future prospects of the first development department?

Via Famitsu: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201812/05168410.html
We have been told RE3 REmake is already well into development using RE Engine.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Oh my gosh, how the heck are Capcom pumping out these amazing titles one after the other? Whatever changed after 2016, hope they keep it that way, I'm loving the new Capcom.

Same. I'm also thrilled to see what they have to announce next. Getting RE7, RE2make, MHW, and DMC5 as incredibly well made in-house games in a time span of barely over two years is utterly insane. I'm hopping they can keep up the pace of at least 1-2 major Capcom games a year, but I'm sure they probably won't have the staff or resources to commit to another title in time for 2020.

We have been told RE3 REmake is already well into development using RE Engine.

??? Is this just following on rumors or do you personally have a source? Does anyone know if this is verifiable?

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly want capcom to chill out for the gen after dmc 5. Theyre on too good a streak.

And then direct all their energy to dragons dogma 2 on re engine.
Lawd.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??? Is this just following on rumors or do you personally have a source? Does anyone know if this is verifiable?
Wasn't it just teased, not confirmed? Either way, I can imagine an RE3make probably wouldn't be as hard as the RE2 one given that RE3 in itself is pretty much a RE2 additional scenario.
When? I don't recall that rumor.
It has been confirmed by an insider here on ERA. Someone trustworthy.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Its finally time

New Chaos Legion

Chaos_Legion_Wallpaper_HD_1.jpg

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017

"If we keep gradually increasing the size of our staff, I'm thinking that at some point maybe we might be able to handle four AAA titles at once."

Also, in addition to that, we're currently working on a title that will make our fans think, "wow, they're making that?"

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Capcom never left my heart -- they got perceivably weaker for a while but never quite bad imo, but I do still welcome this RE Engine renaissance that seems to have re-elevated them back to their former glory. :)

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When? I don't recall that rumor.
Dusk Golem mentioned in this thread:
Sources, I'm keeping my lips sealed on anything else so don't ask, but REmake 3 is in full development right now. I think beyond that they're waiting to see how REmake 2 and REmake 3 perform, but REmake 2 almost assuredly is going to perform well.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/af...th-code-veronica-or-re-3.82413/#post-15235856

Ian Henry

Oct 29, 2017
Really excited about RE2 and DMCV:)

Do you guys think that Capcom could use the RE engine to make a fighting game? I think DarkStalkers would be a perfect title to revive so it can have that 2.5D or 3D supernatural, haunting vibe. Imagine Pyron in this engine full of flames and detail. Would be an amazing sight to behold.

However, I doubt that would happen. What do you guys think?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Really excited about RE2 and DMCV:)

Do you guys think that Capcom could use the RE engine to make a fighting game? I think DarkStalkers would be a perfect title to revive so it can have that 2.5D or 3D supernatural, haunting vibe. Imagine Pyron in this engine full of flames and detail. Would be an amazing sight to behold.

However, I doubt that would happen. What do you guys think?

the more supernatural shit is, the more hard it is to make in the RE engine cause they rely on photogrammetry so much with the engine, its primarily done for more realistic styled games and games based on real world type things they can use as a base. itsuno says that even something as moderately real world based as DMC5 is far more investment than RE7 was for this purpose

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you. Added to OP.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
I honestly want capcom to chill out for the gen after dmc 5. Theyre on too good a streak.

And then direct all their energy to dragons dogma 2 on re engine.
Lawd.
DD2 on REngine would be amazing, but not sure they'd be willing to spend that much time/money on the project.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Ian Henry

Oct 29, 2017
the more supernatural shit is, the more hard it is to make in the RE engine cause they rely on photogrammetry so much with the engine, its primarily done for more realistic styled games and games based on real world type things they can use as a base. itsuno says that even something as moderately real world based as DMC5 is far more investment than RE7 was for this purpose

So something Street Fighter or Rival Schools would make sense. That would be interesting as well.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Do you guys think that Capcom could use the RE engine to make a fighting game? I think DarkStalkers would be a perfect title to revive so it can have that 2.5D or 3D supernatural, haunting vibe.
I want a new Darkstalkers badly, and I've been thinking about RE Engine fighting games for ages. Don't really think it'll happen, though.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I like Nemesis, and it makes sense, but RE3make would be so low hype by comparison, kind of an underwhelming move.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
They are doing great work. I know this would NEVER happen, but a part of me would love to see a remake of Sweet Home in this engine.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Man I hope that title he's teasing is a Dino Crisis reboot with Regina. Assuming the gunplay is tight it could be the next big TPS for Capcom. Also Jawmuncher would go crazy for it.

Can't wait for RE3 as well, hopefully with a cool new outfit for Jill (my idea is her STARS training gear minus the beret). Nemesis should be able to actively bust through walls and the environment, that would be a cool idea.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Just to add speculation and flavor to what he said a bit, the surprise title he's talking about is not a Resident Evil game, and is pretty far along in development. Almost assuredly going to be announced next year and released the year after.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
So great seeing Capcom back to form. Would love to see some of their legacy titles, like Ghosts and Goblins or Trojan, make a return. Even if not in big AAA RE Engine fashion (naturally), it would just be cool to get new versions of some of those old games.

Fuck... I'm hoping Square gets their shit together after KH3 releases and joins them in this resurgence. Oh... and... wait for it......... Konami. ;)