• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

FRbtOBPXMAE8F-M

the gifs work!

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome milestone!

I'm waiting for it to pop up on Game Pass or get put on sale. I don't know if I have time for a long ass Tales game right now so it is risky for me to go in at full price.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great stuff.

Now they need to make the next one without as much copy/paste.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Fun game, although it had the dishonor of being the first game in the series with a story/cast I absolutely hated overall. Hopefully they do a better job on that front next time.

And yeah this probably puts it at like 4th best selling in the series since they announced Berseria hit 2 million about a year ago.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright game with a great foundation for future Tales games.

Just work on that battle system, monster diversity and writing.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Glad to see it was successful, honestly thought the game was shallow and pretty mediocre in pretty much every aspect, game especially fell apart towards the end. I really liked the artstyle and graphics though.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
they should definitely keep on it, this is a good restart and I hope the next game continues to improve on the Arise formula

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Haven't completed it yet (I reckon I'm either 60-70% done) but this is absolutely a fantastic game. It's the first Tales game that has finally clicked with me (I've played a bunch) and I have exceptionally enjoyed my time with it. Happy to see this.

NoobSauceG7

Feb 7, 2022
Well deserved! Was one of my favorite games from last year, my second Tales game after Besaria and looking forward to checking others out now after how much I loved Arise.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
One of the worst Tales games, buoyed almost entirely by pretty graphics. Abysmal combat and boss design, terrible writing, and unlikeable characters. I don't know how it's doing as well as it is.

Oct 30, 2017
AWESOME :D

Well deserved, Tales is of one my top favorite JRPG franchise after Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest... I'm so pleased it's finally getting the attention it long ago deserved !

Now please while we awaits a next main new entry... how about Tales of the Abyss HD Remastered ?

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I heard this game was balanced around DLC that helps boost exp and gold drops. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I was waiting to pick this up but reading this kind of put me off.

I'm a casual Tales fan so if this is true I'll just wait for it to hit $20 before I snag it.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Playing it on the easiest difficulty definitely helped me get through some of the bloat but I somehow even ended up getting the platinum trophy.
The fishing minigame was weirdly addicting towards the end...

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I heard this game was balanced around DLC that helps boost exp and gold drops. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I was waiting to pick this up but reading this kind of put me off.

I'm a casual Tales fan so if this is true I'll just wait for it to hit $20 before I snag it.

It not, I think people just assume that be ause they struggle with the boss battles because they're all poorly design. Think Xillia with the inability to properly combo bosses but 10x worse

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! Even if I ended up being disappointed in the game by the end, I still have soft spot for the series so I am happy it's doing well.

Hopefully I can like the next game more.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

It isn't. The game just has some harder bosses that want combat mastery.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017

It's not true, there isn't ever a whole lot to even spend money on and you can change the battle difficulty anyway. The only thing there is a shortage of is the points to unlock things in the skill trees

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought a copy last week and have been enjoying it a lot. Despite some gripes, I could see it placing near or at the top of my favourite Tales of games

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Tales of Arise battle system and difficulty is an overcorrection of how easy Berseria and Zesteria were. The regular enemy fights in Arise are fine, but the boss battles have you adapting to a completely different play style against bosses that don't telegraph long enough in a game with long animation you can't cancel.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

Exp and money definitely is an issue for the first half of the game but there's an optional set of dungeons in the last third that give you ridiculous amounts of exp. Honestly the game has more of a problem with ballooning enemy HP over being underleveled though.

The main issue with the DLC is that they lock some really useful character abilities behind it.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed the first part, the second part was dogshit and I can't believe people are claiming it's the best Tales game

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I really enjoyed the excellent first 1/3rd, the 2/3 was very good but after beating the water lord the rest felt pretty drawn out except for some very small locales. Super disappointed by the final dungeon, felt very generic. Overall very positive for me, but with lots of room for improvement (was my first tales game).

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Nice, while i like the game i feel its a step back from Berseria. But im sure the next one will be vastly improved.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'm sure it can/will become the best selling entry within a few years.

Personally, I'm waiting for a Switch version before I bite. Though I'm not expecting one anymore.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Going from a small handful of previous games only reaching 2 million after several years, some rereleases, and deep discounts, to 2 million in less than 9 months and I think only going to around half price is a big improvement. Good for them.

Playing the game and reading post-release interviews I feel like they weren't fully prepared for the scope of the project and it started to get away from them at some point, but it seems like they're sticking with Unreal and expanding the team for the next one, so maybe they'll be better prepared next time.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So I'm reading some wildly different opinions about the game here? Why are some hating it so much while some love it? The divide seems pretty strong while the game was showered with praise during its launch.

I only tried the demo and plan to get it at some point later. So it would be helpful to know if there's anything wrong with it.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm reading some wildly different opinions about the game here? Why are some hating it so much while some love it? The divide seems pretty strong while the game was showered with praise during its launch.

I only tried the demo and plan to get it at some point later. So it would be helpful to know if there's anything wrong with it.
The story quality takes a nosedive after the halfway point. The cast is weaker compared to Berseria right before it. Very low enemy variety. Concerning boss design.

I think it's an alright game, but the second half is definitely drags down it down. I'd say give it a go if you're interested.