• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Not sure how long it's been available, but Tales of Vesperia is up for pre-order/pre-load on Switch (in NA) and the file size is 12.8GB, which is significantly less than the Xbox One version.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Why so big? It's 5.4 gigs on Xbox 360 and I doubt the Switch version will be that much more graphically advanced...

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Dumb question: is this game any good? I don't know anything about the series.

I liked Xenoblade 2 and Octopath and Ys8, is this for me?

Oct 25, 2017
The good news for physical buyers—which I think Bandai Namco had confirmed already for all regions, but now we're sure—is that everything will fit comfortably on a 16GB cartridge.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question: is this game any good? I don't know anything about the series.

I liked Xenoblade 2 and Octopath and Ys8, is this for me?
It was an amazing game in a time where console JRPGs were few and far between, but today? Not so much.

It is still my favorite Tales of... game, so there's that.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Did they go back and record for this release since the PS3 version was Japan only right? Or is it just the old English from the 360 release and the added Japanese from the PS3?
I think they recast everyone for the newly-recorded lines, but left the only dub for everything else.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't this game release on January 11? Why's the pre-load up a month early? Haha.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't play that many Tales games, but out of the ones I played, this was my favorite. I'll make sure to pick it up.

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Physical for me with this one, I'll have them all stacked next to each other for 360, PS3 and Switch physical releases.

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the skits are voiced? Dawn of the New World had most if not all skits voiced which was so cool. Not to mention it introduced the modern motion capture animation in cutscenes. It's so weird how it did things that the obviously high-budget Vesperia didn't do.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Tempting! But man. Having someone other than Troy Baker voicing Yuri in random parts is such a terrible idea it puts me off wanting the game altogether. Yuri's cool factor is 90% of the game's appeal.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the skits are voiced? Dawn of the New World had most if not all skits voiced which was so cool. Not to mention it introduced the modern motion capture animation in cutscenes. It's so weird how it did things that the obviously high-budget Vesperia didn't do.

Skits are voiced.

Second point is mainly because 1) Vesperia actually isn't a particularly big budget game, and 2) its development predates various presentation enhancements they started making and only got into the games released after it.

Nov 23, 2017
It was an amazing game in a time where console JRPGs were few and far between, but today? Not so much.

It is still my favorite Tales of... game, so there's that.
I don't really understand how other games existing can make any singular game worse or better. That's just me though.

It's one of or the best tales game and actually had some charm which I can't necessarily say about some of the more recent ones.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really understand how other games existing can make any singular game worse or better. That's just me though.
Because there is an abundance of much better console JRPGs - big and small - available now than there was when this game originally came out.

It's a good game. Probably the best modern Tales of game (Phantasia is a personal fave) but I don't think it's better than something like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath or Ys VIII.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice!
I'm fine with the recast only if it's not as glaring as something like Disgaea 3

Last edited:

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 13.1GB

What's going on here?
The game is huge. Textures aren't too bad but I'm talking about ton of music and cut scenes. More than Zelda botw which is around the same size. Nintendo/Monolith did compress them at least and it's impressive with the amount of content. This vs 3rd party devs that l dump games uncompressed on xbone and ps4 discs/online shops(partially because they can without costing them any extra money vs switch storage and cart sizes being more expensive).