Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition details version resolution and frame rate differences

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a god damn minute. Even Xbox One X owners are stuck with 30 fps outside of battles? Because if that’s the case I‘d rather cancel my preorder.

Nov 2, 2017
Santiago
Wait a god damn minute. Even Xbox One X owners are stuck with 30 fps outside of battles? Because if that’s the case I‘d rather cancel my preorder.
Chill dude. I believe that's the performance on base Xbox One. I'm sure the X will do better.

Still surprised base Xbox can't pull 60fps outside of battle though.

I might get this on the Switch just to play on the go.

Oct 25, 2017
Chill dude. I believe that's the performance on base Xbox One. I'm sure the X will do better.

Still surprised base Xbox can't pull 60fps outside of battle though.

I might get this on the Switch just to play on the go.
It won’t do better if the framerate is capped at 30 outside of battles. There’s no comment on support for either Pro or X either. This was one of my most anticipated games of next year but I’m not going to settle for a lesser version of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, would've expected Switch to have frame rate issues, but surprised that Xbox One doesn't have consistent 60 FPS either though.

Oct 25, 2017
Toss up between Switch and PS4 version for me. 30 fps out of battles is whatever because it isn't like you do anything besides walk around and talk to people outside of battle anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
They either went with some weird console parity or Switch will probably have FPS drops.
Definitely expecting drops on Switch to go along with the 60/30 split. Ultimately this is all just idle commentary on my part, PS4 was always the only one I would be going with based on my options should I finally check out Vesperia (probably wouldn't be too taxing for me PC-wise, but eh).

OP
OP
The Last One
Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
30fps outside battle is a big "whatever" for me. However I see no reason why the Xbox One version (even the Switch version) couldn't be 60 fps like the PS4 one. It makes no sense.

Oct 25, 2017
How was the framerate on the original release on x360?
Wanna say 60 fps battles,30 out of them

I recall some framerate dips at very few points of the game. One was in a town with a lot of NPCs standing around mid-late game but overall very solid

Oct 27, 2017
Yep ! We're waiting for more informations about the Pro/X versions, but 60 fps is confirmed at least for the base model. It should be the same on the Pro
Nice. I hear this on 360 but will probably pick it up again on my Pro. Not sure when though as January is looking packed for games and I’d rather play new games over ones I’ve already played. How much new content is there for this version?

Will probably wait for sale. I wish they’d remaster Tales of Abyss as well.

Pal

Oct 25, 2017
Definitive proof the One X isn't all that powerful. Step aside for glorious definitive PS4 version. Most powerful console confirmed.

Switch confirmed to be as much powerful as the base Xbox One.

I hope they'll fix it for One X owners, or even for the base Xone for that matter because otherwise this sucks...Ridiculous in fact.