• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't trust Tales on PC, so gonna have to wait for review whether this is technically competent or not.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That list is basically meaningless. The piece of information they start with (PS3 - 720p) is false right off the bat. PS3 was like 576p.

So you can't really take switch being 720p hh/1080p at face value.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And here I thought thread covers would be a waste of bandwidth....

I spit out my coffee when I saw it, bravo sir, bravo.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
That cinematic 30fps on my XBOX One X. I'm going to have to pass on this shit on principle if true. Phil gave Tales press time at their conference too. Come on son - do better.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting it on PC then.

I can't trust Tales on PC, so gonna have to wait for review whether this is technically competent or not.
It's being ported by the same team that did Zestiria, Berseria, and the DB Xenoverse games, which are all good ports.

I doubt we're getting a Symphonia catastrophe ever again since that was a different port company.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But there's the eShop, at least on the PSN you can find Bandai Namco titles very cheap frequently.

True, I'm not sure they are generous on the eShop though.
Pretty sure they did that with the ToV LE, that sold out on switch almost immediately where the others were still available when I checked last week.

Different publisher but it's not easy to get a physical copy of Shining Resonance on Switch in the UK now.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Wanna say 60 fps battles,30 out of them

I recall some framerate dips at very few points of the game. One was in a town with a lot of NPCs standing around mid-late game but overall very solid
I remember there being dips especially going back to the over world after a town/dungeon/battle. It would take a few seconds chugging to load things up.

Oct 29, 2017
Very true but for me 1280x576 its amazing in portable mode. I can only see that the switch version is the one with more work.

That would still be a crap result. Switch should have no trouble running this game in full 1280x720 in portable mode (especially since the 360 version does - and the Switch, even in portable mode, is a significant jump over the Wii U; which is itself, a notable jump over the PS3 and 360).

But then again... Namco's PS360 ports haven't had the best track record on Switch so far, so it all depends on whether or not they care enough to put some effort into the Switch version of this game...

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Typical performance for a Tales game, that's good enough for me. Will get it for my Switch.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox store doesn't have it marked as Xbox One X enhanced and considering the game is ready to pre-load already, One X will be stuck at 30fps. I may end up getting this on PC instead.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hell yeah, just checked my favourite retailer and they had a Deluxe Edition is stock! Copped that, needless to say. Can't wait for January 11th!

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Don't care about the Pro or X versions since I have neither of those consoles.

The real question is PC or Switch? 1440p (for me) @ 144fps or that sweet portable Tales goodness?

Maybe both?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so psyched for the game

edit: posted that a bit early. But I'm perfectly happy with 60fps battles and 30 on the rest. The only way I'll finish this and I've been wanting to play it for years.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed the Steam page.

Minimum 4GB RAM
Recommended 16 GB

Boy that escalated quick.

Oct 27, 2017
Outside battle being 30 FPS is annoying, but whatever, I want to send the message to Namco I want more Tales games and other titles on Switch so my purchase will be there.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else feel like the PS4 might have some framedrops on the field? Weird it's the only platform to get to 60fps.

Antitype

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, the usual dilemna... PC for no compromise or Switch for convenience of handheld+docked? I'll probably wait to decide till we get more info on actual performance on Switch. I can live with 30fps outside of battles but if the framerate tanks often during battles, then it's a nope.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
The non-base PS4 platforms don't appear to be as optimized as I expected (though the PC requirements might just be kinda generic or for >1080p...maybe). With this coming out in January everywhere instead of at least Japan being October/November I figured that would be the reason, but it doesn't look like anything else was quite as much of a priority.

Wonder if the PS4 version has been done for a few months now and they've just been holding on to it for stuff like supporting additional platforms and the localization to have everything released at once.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I will wait and see how PC port turns out. Will get it down the road at a discount probably. It is disappointing that there are no X/Pro enhancements.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm satisfied with the Switch version. Upgraded on the TV and same as the original PS3 version on the go. That is plenty for me. You just know this game won't look much better in 4K due to the style