• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Going to pick this up on the switch. Yes I'd like 60fps everywhere but 30fps while running around isn't a huge deal to me.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, 60fps ain't saving how janky a lot of shit is on the field in Tales games, especially in Vesperia.

Will still probably go for the Switch version on this one

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for no drops on Switch as that's the version I'm getting! :) Want to be able to play this on my daily commute.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
they never once said it was a remake. its always been a remaster...i dont even really get what the point of a remake would be considering how good the game looks in the first place
Remaster with the lost content
Hmm, not sure where you got that impression. It's always been touted as a remaster with the missing Japanese PS3 content as far as I can tell.

Ok this makes sense. Thanks for the correction. I just assumed it would be a remake. The comments in the thread about the performance make more sense now.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
For those waiting for news regarding X and Pro, I wouldn't.

Bandai/Namco still haven't patched Tekken 7 for X and it looks like muddied ass on a 4K set.
Soul Calibur is still broken on the Xbox/X.

They don't have a great track record.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I figured PS4 would be the lead platform, and preordered accordingly despite also having a Switch. It's nice to be right.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized Switch has no trophies either so I can enjoy the game at my own pace.

Trophies always make me start feeling obligated to do everything lol.

Obviously I sitll want to see all the cutscenes, extra dungeons, and what not since I enjoy the characters and world of Vesperia. But the stress of the trophy goes away haha

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Switch for me. It's the only way I have a chance at completing any game these days (more than that, I've never completed as many games on any console/PC as I do on Switch).

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized Switch has no trophies either so I can enjoy the game at my own pace.

Trophies always make me start feeling obligated to do everything lol.

Obviously I sitll want to see all the cutscenes, extra dungeons, and what not since I enjoy the characters and world of Vesperia. But the stress of the trophy goes away haha

Why don't you just hide notifications? I did that, and haven't thought about trophies and achievements eve since.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Max 4K resolution on PC is weird, don't know why restricted resolution options are still a thing.

More curious about the details of variable framerate. I doubt it's unlimited.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I expected some improvements with the Pro version but it's not a big deal. The base PS4 version is basically perfect for my needs.

Feb 22, 2018
About what I expected for a Tales of Vesperia. Luckily the framerate out of battle isn't detrimental to the game play. Will be getting it on the Switch.

Deleted member 25671

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've always wanted to play this, almost did on 360, but I'm glad i waited to get that extra stuff that only came out in Japan.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a Switch yet so I guess I'm going to grab it for PS4. I'm pretty hyped for ToV since... 10 years ago? lol

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I hope the "Max 4k" on PC isn't true.

It doesn't make any sense, and it would be a downgrade from previous Tales releases.
On the other hand, if "variable framerate" means "more than 60 FPS" that would be a huge upgrade.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
  • Processor: CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770S、~3.1GHz / AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Additional Notes: Reccomended Spec requirement: Frame Fate: stable more than 60 Resolution: 1920x1080 Setting: HIGH Anti-aliasing: 2x or more The above conditions need to be met to achieve recommended spec requirement.
I7, 16GB RAM and a GTX 970 for 1080p/60 FPS?
This can't be right. We are talking about a 10 years old game here and this is getting me kinda worried about the port quality.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Switch having the same resolution as the other versions seals it as the version to get for me. Hope I get a chance to get it.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Crossing my fingers in hoping that Variable Frame Rate on PC means, "whatever framerate you want", even far above 60fps.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the "Max 4k" on PC isn't true.

It doesn't make any sense, and it would be a downgrade from previous Tales releases.
On the other hand, if "variable framerate" means "more than 60 FPS" that would be a huge upgrade.

QLOC is porting it. Any reason they'd lock to 4k max ?
That max 4k might be japanese mistranslation I guess... I hope so :s

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a good place to start with Tales? I've never played any of the games, but that Switch version is tempting.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Switch it is, started playing this one last generation but for some reason dropped it early on. Looking forward to taking it with me on the go.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
QLOC is porting it. Any reason they'd lock to 4k max ?
That max 4k might be japanese mistranslation I guess... I hope so :s
I think/hope it is probably just an instance of "that's the highest we tested".

Especially if it's a QLOC port then that becomes much closer to "think" than "hope". They know the basics!

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
I adore this game, but not having pro support would be a no buy from me. I don't even care about 60 fps for this title, just give it to me in 4K.. that's not asking much for a 10 year old game.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Switch version for me. Excellent home and portable port, how can I not? Super excited to play this again. One of my favorite games of the previous generation.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Switch version for me. Excellent home and portable port, how can I not? Super excited to play this again. One of my games of the previous generation.
Same here. Being portable means I'll actually be able to put the time in to beat it. BotW taught me portability makes long epic games way more palatable.

Navi

Oct 27, 2017
On the few available videos of the Switch version running in handheld mode, the performance seems smooth. Granted, the videos were recorded at 30 fps, but it still looks great. Portable Tales of Vesperia, what a time to be alive.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Everyone in here with the "10 year old game" and expectations of ease of porting what is basically the PS3 version (not the 360 version) to modern systems with the very high likelihood of mangled code. I'm not saying it's a thing to sweep aside, but you've got a Japanese dev porting a previously Japan-only version of a game where the lead console being ported to performs better than the others. they probably, basically, ported the PS3 version to PS4 then ported that to the Xbox and Switch, hence the lack of 60fps outside of battle (whether it matters or not is up for debate).

The "Max 4K" is probably "up to 4K" and that's as far as they tested because the people running it above that are incredibly few and far between. I'd be surprised if the number of people getting this more or less at launch and are wanting to play higher than 4K (read: at 8K) are in more than double digits.