• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT Cornbread78 and a good read! In case anyone didn't know, preload is live on PSN.

PS4 version is 22.78GB and the theme is now downloadable too!

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
In my attempt to finish more than half of ERAs essential RPGs and diversify the JRPG series I've played, is this now the best entry point for the series?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How's the story in Vesperia?

Is it as memorable as FF or Persona?
Not really. The story isn't bad, but not that memorable for the first 2/3rds of it. The last 1/3rd of it is pretty bad though.

The characters and their interactions are great though.

fixed it now, lol. Weird formatting thing when cutting and pasting between Era pages.
Lol, you might want to check the OT again. There's some image issues now. Nevermind.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Not really. The story isn't bad, but not that memorable for the first 2/3rds of it. The last 1/3rd of it is pretty bad though.

The characters and their interactions are great though.

Lol, you might want to check the OT again. There's some image issues now.

I fixed it, for some reason it keeps removing my image coding.... kinda, really, annoying, lol

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking up footage from early copies, and holy crap, the constant switching between voices for Yuri is super noticeable. I guess that's due to all the new editions of voiced dialogue that wasn't voiced in the original.

God I wish they had asked and shelled out the cash to get Troy Baker back. Might play this in Japanese.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm excited to play this for the first time like I did with Symphonia last year. Just hopefully it arrives on time with no issues. Second to Last game I got with the old prime discount. Then again I'm 40 minutes from a store that sells games too so

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
My Switch copy was dispatched today so should arrive tomorrow. Going to clean up the last couple of trophies on Dragon Quest before starting it though.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
This game is humongous. Why is there no official strategy guide? I don't want to randomly miss a skit or optional cutscene/fight/etc.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Cool OT!

Does anyone have an idea of when reviews might release? I guess in particular what I want is a technical analysis of the Switch version, so if we knew if/when a website like DF is releasing a video/article, that'd be just as useful knowledge.

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
Our review is up. Played it on the PS4 and Switch. It's a bit meh in handheld mode IMHO. Game itself holds up exceptionally well despite being a decade old. Pretty good stuff.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never played it, but I'm kinda hyped.

I only ever played Abyss and Symphonia and loved em' both, so I imagine I'll like this judging by what people say about it!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This game has some really weird quests. They are easily missable. I hate that since going blind on an already long game can cause you to miss stuff.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Best Tales game and one of the best games ever made, RPG or not. Go grab this because it's one of the greats.

I remember when I bought a 360 solely for this game (And Lost Odyssey\Blue Dragon\Rare, etc.) over a decade ago when I was really into this series. Worth it.

Last edited:

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Looking forward to revisiting this with all the content we missed out on a decade ago.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
This game is humongous. Why is there no official strategy guide? I don't want to randomly miss a skit or optional cutscene/fight/etc.

The best info that I used when playing the PS3 version (which had the extra content that this game has) was using Kouli's Sub Events guide.

Kouli's Sub Event Guide

This contains minimal/minor spoilers. There also seems to be a full walkthrough on GameFAQs for the PS3 version, but I haven't looked at that yet.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw you used the other thread cover, it looks better!

Anyways, hoping to finally play this on friday or saturday.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Our review is up. Played it on the PS4 and Switch. It's a bit meh in handheld mode IMHO. Game itself holds up exceptionally well despite being a decade old. Pretty good stuff.

You say the framerate in battles is lower on Switch than on PS4. What do you mean exactly? Both are supposed to be 60FPS in battles. Is there drops on Switch?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One of the best JRPG protagonist in JRPG history. Yuri fucks them all up and doesn't give a shit.

Tales of Vesperia is also the best Tales of (even though Symphonia and Xillia 2 have a special place in my heart in terms of modern Tales of).

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a 360 anymore so I can't test it, but the original version did have anti-aliasing, didn't it? The Switch version lacks it, which makes the characters rather rough looking in handheld mode from time to time. I also think the colors are weirdly washed out in the Definitive Edition, but, again, I've got not 360 anymore to compare it to, so all I'm going off are YouTube captures of the PS3 and 360 versions.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Yuri is so good that they had to kick him out of the popularity contest to give the other characters a chance.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worse than Symphonia? Couldn't finish that because of the story.

As someone who liked Symphonia's story I'd need to know what you disliked about it. But in general, I liked Symphonia's story and Vesperia's as well. Vesperia doesn't go off the deep end until towards the end. Imo it's at its best when its well grounded.