• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Protip for Zagi (and melee combat in general): you can cancel the end animation of Yuri's melee combo by pressing the direction Yuri's facing, the guard button and the free run button at the same time. Doing this lets you cancel into a guard, or start up another melee combo far quicker than you'd normally be able to.

Yuri's stab attack that he does when you press forward + attack is also a reliable way to break Zagi's guard.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
So for anyone with the Switch version, does the in game timer keep going when you exit out to the menu or put the console in sleep mode? It drives me nuts when games do that since it screws up my actual total playtime lol.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Guys any missables I gotta worry about ? I hate missing things in games and I just want a list of most important missable things if anyone knows.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Guys any missables I gotta worry about ? I hate missing things in games and I just want a list of most important missable things if anyone knows.

This is Missables: The Game. Lots and lots of side quests are very missable.

I would suggest not sweating it and just playing through the game at your own pace. You would have to follow a guide extremely closely to not miss anything and it will not be fun.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the switch steelbook the same as the ps4 one?

Total speculation, but given the eu edition of it houses the 4 disc soundtrack (so makes sense for both switch and ps4 versions), it's possible bandai europe commisioned it and bandai us decided it looked nice and ordered some, took out the extra disc holders but couldn't be bothered to add a switch card houser?

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
This is Missables: The Game. Lots and lots of side quests are very missable.

I would suggest not sweating it and just playing through the game at your own pace. You would have to follow a guide extremely closely to not miss anything and it will not be fun.
A lot of Side events/skits/supplemental world and character building content.

https://www.scribd.com/document/397057683/Kouli-s-Guide-Tov
Welp I guess I just gonna power through it and not worry about anything.....

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the first boss is notoriously difficult. Difficulty going forward isn't that bad - at least when I played it on 360.

It's funny, I legit don't remember Zagi being a pain at all but he almost killed me this time. Gattuso is the big one I recall popping up all the time.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're going for plat, like me, and want to do almost all on the first playthrough then follow the Koulo guide above, have 1 person master all the recipe, stock up on Magic Lens and use it in all enemies, that should cover most of the missables.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a working of list of important missables? Im fine with missing some story content and convos, but i dont want to miss out on someone best equipment or something like that

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
If you're going for plat, like me, and want to do almost all on the first playthrough then follow the Koulo guide above, have 1 person master all the recipe, stock up on Magic Lens and use it in all enemies, that should cover most of the missables.

Just adding to this that you'll want probably want Patty to be your recipe person due to a title/event for her, related to cooking.

Adder

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
To those who acquired the Switch version, is there a day one patch like on the Xbox One version? Thanks in advance.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's worth noting that Repede has a skill that allows him to see the remaining HP of anyone you've used a magic lens on, so if you keep Repede in your party with that skill you'll always know what enemies you've scanned. (I think he also has a skill that lets you scan an entire enemy party with one lens, I might be wrong about that, though.)

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuu, and I immediately remember my biggest gripes with this game: locking basic movement options behind skills you need to learn.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone try forcing AF yet?
Looks fine on my end (unless my screen is showing less than x16 AF):

8bsf0ck2bv48cfew.jpg

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
The game is so blurry even when downsampling from 4k. Is reshade the best option to fix that?

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Total speculation, but given the eu edition of it houses the 4 disc soundtrack (so makes sense for both switch and ps4 versions), it's possible bandai europe commisioned it and bandai us decided it looked nice and ordered some, took out the extra disc holders but couldn't be bothered to add a switch card houser?
I watched an unboxing at youtube and the steelbook was a disc case, not a switch one. Are there switch cases steelbooks?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well look what I just got in
52S1CnBh.jpg

Need to make lunch, and take care of one other thing the I have plenty of time to kill this weekend

Tahnas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got the game on Switch, it seems kind of jittery running through the opening towns. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Just a brief demonstration of a basic application of attack canceling for Yuri, using Zagi as an example:

Fuuuuu, and I immediately remember my biggest gripes with this game: locking basic movement options behind skills you need to learn.
As much as people give shit to the Symphonia style games for TP, this was always the more egregious design decision

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I thought Berseria was pretty alright from what I played. I take it people like this. I can trade in my copy of Spiderman and get this for like $25. Worth?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm torn between either getting the PS4 or Switch version. How's the Switch version been?

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Getting the new VA to re-record all of Yuri's lines might have honestly been the more palatable decision, but also that means losing Troy Baker's delivery of the "Prepare to die, eggbear!" line and I just cant get down with that

Step 1 of making Yuri completely broken in this game.
Spell canceling's another neat thing, too. Raven and Estelle in particular could do some pretty nutty stuff once you got the hang of it.

Granted, guard/spell cancelling goes way back to Symphonia, but everyone already being kinda busted in their own special way in Vesperia makes it even more fun.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
At what point can I change titles to get the extra costumes?

Currently I have none of the costume titles.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh and also I'm going on blind, I know little about this entry, although I did beat Symphonia last year for the first time