• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
On act 2. Been playing mostly docked on Switch and performance hasn't given me much trouble. No crashes thankfully. Karol has grown on me, I like the relationship between him and Yuri more than any other in the game, even when you're kind of picking on him like distracting the guard. He's hard as hell to play though, so slow. I might just be old but I like Raven a lot as well as a character. The rest are whatever.

I also hardly see anyone ever really mention it, so maybe fans don't care as much?
I'll be honest and admit that that is a huge reason why I played the game so many times. Believe I had different saves with different affection levels. But I only kind of miss it. It's a long game to play multiple times for a few different scenes

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Try opening the battle menu then pressing start
In that picture, did you make Repede set to 'Manual'? (I thought this meant it would put a '2p' by his icon, but maybe not??)

It was Estelle set to manual or semi-manual for some weird reason. I actually realized by finding people on Google having the exact same issue 10 years ago, lol. Why is this made so clutered and confusing?
Thank you however. :)

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
On act 2. Been playing mostly docked on Switch and performance hasn't given me much trouble. No crashes thankfully. Karol has grown on me, I like the relationship between him and Yuri more than any other in the game, even when you're kind of picking on him like distracting the guard. He's hard as hell to play though, so slow. I might just be old but I like Raven a lot as well as a character. The rest are whatever.

How dare you say that about Estelle

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
It was Estelle set to manual or semi-manual for some weird reason. I actually realized by finding people on Google having the exact same issue 10 years ago, lol. Why is this made so clutered and confusing?
Thank you however. :)

You say confusing, but how would you handle it? Would you add like a huge flashing warning "Caution: A character you don't control is set to manual mode!" and constant beeping?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Good progress tonight, made it to Dahngrest and man the song is as good as ever. One of my favorite tune in the game. Also I noticed you can enter the gourmet hall in the leftmost part of the city near the other exit. You couldn't on 360. I love seeing all these small differences.

EDIT: Also got a new arte I never saw before for Yuri, "Concealed wave".

Nov 8, 2017
Any word if there is another patch in the works to fix the crashing issues? I'm interested in picking this up on Switch, but there's nothing I hate more than when a game crashes, and I figured I'd wait until a patch or two come out.

I'd also like to know. I have some reward certificates that I would love to use on the physical version but I need to know the game doesn't have major problems and be stuck with a bum cart.

I think I'm doing something wrong in this game, I can't figure out how to easily cook a meal right after a fight. I played one of the other ones earlier and I remember a shortcut button on the screen to cook. They didn't take that out, right? Is it an ability I unlock later?

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
I think I'm doing something wrong in this game, I can't figure out how to easily cook a meal right after a fight. I played one of the other ones earlier and I remember a shortcut button on the screen to cook. They didn't take that out, right? Is it an ability I unlock later?

You need to configure the cooking shortcut first in the Cooking menu and after a fight, move the left stick to select the assigned recipe shortcut and pressing X on Xbox pad or Square on DualShock to cook the recipe.

Oct 30, 2017
I am playing in Switch and every time I load up it asks me Japanese or English, is this everyone else too? I am on version 1.01.

Also I play primarily handheld mode and this thing drains like 1% every minute if not more for me it feels like.. anyone else experiencing similar drains?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
WTF was up with Rita's voice during a skit in the sewer? I'm not sure if it was purposeful (she was complaining about dankness) or not.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
WTF was up with Rita's voice during a skit in the sewer? I'm not sure if it was purposeful (she was complaining about dankness) or not.

I don't know of the skit you're mentioning specifically, but the new (to us) skits have some weird audio balancing. They seem very fuzzy and like the actors are really far away from the microphone. I'm not sure what's up with that, because in new cutscenes it's not as obvious.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Some of the new voiceover has weird audio mixing that makes me wonder if the English audio team are in a hurry to finalize the delivery files to meet the deadline...

Also just reached Dahngrest and still enjoying the game despite being my second playthrough.

I am playing in Switch and every time I load up it asks me Japanese or English, is this everyone else too? I am on version 1.01.

Also I play primarily handheld mode and this thing drains like 1% every minute if not more for me it feels like.. anyone else experiencing similar drains?

Yes, it always asks me if I want Japanese or English voices all the time. I'm playing docked though so I don't know anything about battery drain.

No, Repede has a different VA for English.

Having not heard it, I'm curious whether the Japanese VA uses an intonation more similar to their onomatopoeia for barking ("wan") or if it's roughly the same and just a matter of licensing.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
I've been too busy to jump into a JRPG for the past few weeks, but I really like the art style and Tales of Symphonia back in the day. Can't wait to jump in.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
So is there no mini map? I dont have an issue with it I just like to explore everywhere to make sure I didn't miss anything.
My only issue so far is how Yuri holds his weapon outside of battle.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Recently picked up Judith. Almost didn't even notice she had a different VA at first, the new one does a great job of keeping the same tone. Isn't nearly as jarring as Yuri.

And yeah I noticed Repede's woof sounded different a couple of times. Obviously not that big of a deal though lol.

Fauve

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone noticed weird audio issues in battles and scenes? For example:

-Characters footsteps get extremely loud at times in fights

-Spellcasting sounds also get extremely loud at times

-When characters say what Artes they're using, their voice practically takes over the entire battlefield sometimes

-And some scenes even have that issue. Like when Estelle changed into her main outfit in the castle, that sound made me jump out of my seat lol

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
How far are you in? The awesome things start to happen in Act 2 where you also have lots of more gameplay systems to make the battles awesome.
Idk what chapter am I in ,but it I already have 10 members. Gameplay is fine don't get me wrong ,but jeez playing this after xenoblade 2 feels like any other jrpg are meh ,but I know im not fair since this is an old game remastered.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idk what chapter am I in ,but it I already have 10 members. Gameplay is fine don't get me wrong ,but jeez playing this after xenoblade 2 feels like any other jrpg are meh ,but I know im not fair since this is an old game remastered.
The Xenoblade games also benefit from a graphics engine that can handle open-world action RPG battling, too.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Has anyone noticed weird audio issues in battles and scenes? For example:

-Characters footsteps get extremely loud at times in fights

-Spellcasting sounds also get extremely loud at times

-When characters say what Artes they're using, their voice practically takes over the entire battlefield sometimes

-And some scenes even have that issue. Like when Estelle changed into her main outfit in the castle, that sound made me jump out of my seat lol

Sort of but you can adjust various volume settings.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Idk what fans like about this game ,but so far it has really lame story, and okayiesh gameplay.
This is me. I think I'm just not a fan of Tales games even though I've played all of the ones released here at least a little bit (and beaten the vast majority of them). I'm at Act 2, Nordopolis. Gonna keep playing a bit more at the very least though. RE2 ain't out for another week and I got nothing else on my plate so I may as well give it more of a chance.
This isn't me. I hate XB2 (1 and X are two of my all-time faves though).

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Vesperia's cast is fking Brilliant. I love how there's no shitty forced romances and how Yuri and Estelle have more like an older brother younger sister relationship.

Fauve

Oct 28, 2017
Won't be able to touch this until summer. I'm curious: how does Flynn play?

Flynn is essentially a Paladin. He's tankier and attacks a little slower than Yuri. But has higher defenses/HP, and some skills that help him take less damage. Magically, he can function as a healer in a pinch with his great single target healing capabilities through Cure (75% HP restore) alongside his powerful light magic. Physically, he uses some of the classic Tales swordsman moves like Sword Rain, Tiger Blade, etc.

He's definitely fun!

Timexy

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like Kaldaien found the source of the PC port microstutters and finally fixed them.

The game is playing just fine for me, I never perceived any microstutter whatsoever. It's running fixed at 59 FPS (happens to every game I play borderless instead of full screen. It's something about my monitor/configuration but I don't care) with everything on max, no Denuvo and DS4 support out of the box, so for me it's perfect.

OK there are some stuff he implemented on said fix that some consider should've been default, but then again if the game had those from the start people would complain about something else and get it "fixed" anyway. All in all I think it's a great PC port, the Switch being the worst one considering those crashes people are reporting.

I also know not everyone has the same experience and I have a good PC so it helps, but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
So tempting to pick this up, but I have too much to play already! Maybe eventually I will get it for Switch. Is there any in game achievement/completion records? I never have really tried to 100% a Tales game.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
This is me. I think I'm just not a fan of Tales games even though I've played all of the ones released here at least a little bit (and beaten the vast majority of them). I'm at Act 2, Nordopolis. Gonna keep playing a bit more at the very least though. RE2 ain't out for another week and I got nothing else on my plate so I may as well give it more of a chance.

This isn't me. I hate XB2 (1 and X are two of my all-time faves though).
I haven't tried other xenoblades tbh, knowing nintendo tho we will probably get them remastered sooner than later.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried to play this entire game co-op? Thinking of doing it with a friend
I played the 360 version co op.
and I've played this version 13 hours or so with 3 players.
I think I've played every tales game outside of Zesteria (which I just haven't played) Co Op since Symphonia. it's the main reason I love the tales series. If the next game didn't have a co op option there is a good chance I wouldn't buy it :P

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished BOTW this week on Switch, is Tales worth getting? I missed it on the 360, how grindy is the game, also are there many cutscenes? I enjoy my cutscenes

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Patty set to use magic artes only is pretty good. Throws out lots of strong/useful spells with tricky cast.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished BOTW this week on Switch, is Tales worth getting? I missed it on the 360, how grindy is the game, also are there many cutscenes? I enjoy my cutscenes
I can't remember how grindy the original game is, but with the free DLC you can snag there is no grind worries.

need money, open a 300k pack (up to 900k)
underleveled add 5 or 10 levels use a pack (up to 40 of them)
still to weak, open the syth packs and make some later game weapons and armor :P

aka thanks to the DLC it's fairly flexible how grindy you want it to be. Since we've played it all the way through before we have no issues snagging the money packs instead of grinding for money lol.

and since we dislike the solo battles we made their strong weapons and armor just to equip for those battles so we don't have to deal with them lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man so this is my first time playing Vesperia but I'm loving this cast. The ENG dub is also really good.