• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
So Estelle gets Super Chain 5, but I can't get any of her altered artes to connect to her arcane artes. Has anyone gotten anything to work reliably?

Reading on the internet, I see people recommending to use Air Divide for the altered arte, but it only works when you get it to drag enemies back, which I can't do super reliably.

Sylyphy Roll seems to knock enemies too far away that I can't hit them with an arcane arte afterwards.

Blazing pillar is too slow that I can't combo a base arte into it.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Took 64 hours, but I can finally say I've finished this now after all these years. But yeah, that end boss is going pretty high on my least favorites list... Not hard, just spams debuffs everywhere to make it extremely annoying.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Took 64 hours, but I can finally say I've finished this now after all these years. But yeah, that end boss is going pretty high on my least favorites list... Not hard, just spams debuffs everywhere to make it extremely annoying.
It's definitely an annoying boss, third form is even worst. Most ailment are physical so if you can get amulet on your main attackers it should be fine. Grats on beating the game!

So i've done the speedrun trophy, took...5h! Currently on my NG+ where I'll get everything else...will be weird when it's 100% done considering i've wanted to play the PS3 extras for so long...

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's definitely an annoying boss, third form is even worst. Most ailment are physical so if you can get amulet on your main attackers it should be fine. Grats on beating the game!

So i've done the speedrun trophy, took...5h! Currently on my NG+ where I'll get everything else...will be weird when it's 100% done considering i've wanted to play the PS3 extras for so long...
Vesperia was my first Tales game and it kicked my ass back in the day. Pretty sure I quit around Zaude because I didn't remember anything after that. Was a lot easier this time around with a few games under my belt. Also helps that I'm not an avid Achievement hunter like I was back then, because having to redo bosses was just awful.
I didn't bother with the third boss, just wanted to see the ending. I'm pretty sure I didn't even see half of his debuffs while playing through the game, so I had no idea what was happening. Wasn't expecting him to go nuts with them, but he really didn't attack that often.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
- Go back to Myorzo to see the Elder, he should give you the first Fell Arm called "Abyssion"
- Visit one of those weird rock formations on the overworld, they're Aer Krene. There should be 4 of them, one of them should have Judith's spear called Zurich.
- After getting Zurich, stay in that area and you'll notice you can enter the aer krene, check around until you can get a cutscene where you'll upgrade your sorcerer ring to LV4
- You can now visit any other aer krene and with your newly acquired LV4 ring you can blast away the rubbles blocking the entrances, any of them (beside the one where you got LV4 ring) should upgrade your ring to LV5, the final level.
I already got the first Fell Arm from Morzyo but I can't activate the cutscene.

I have tried to go to many of those rock places and nothing happens. I think I activated the cutscene the first time I entered those places but that was before getting the first Fell Arm so I don't know if that's causing a problem.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Estelle gets Super Chain 5, but I can't get any of her altered artes to connect to her arcane artes. Has anyone gotten anything to work reliably?

Reading on the internet, I see people recommending to use Air Divide for the altered arte, but it only works when you get it to drag enemies back, which I can't do super reliably.

Sylyphy Roll seems to knock enemies too far away that I can't hit them with an arcane arte afterwards.

Blazing pillar is too slow that I can't combo a base arte into it.
Put estelle as magic spammer

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I already got the first Fell Arm from Morzyo but I can't activate the cutscene.

I have tried to go to many of those rock places and nothing happens. I think I activated the cutscene the first time I entered those places but that was before getting the first Fell Arm so I don't know if that's causing a problem.
Hmm odd, you should be able to. This is gonna sound like a strange question but are you at Zaude in the story by curiosity? Because usually you should be able to get Judith's spear at the aer krene southwest of Nordopolica after a certain story event.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Ah good! Southwest of nordopolica precisely is where the spear was. Be sure to enter the aer krene to get ring level 4 then go to any other ones to get ring level 5.
By the way, I entered to the lava zone that was further ahead of the cave and I reached a place where it tells me "There's a formula but it isn't active". What does that mean?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda over the game. Just wanna finish it. In the 360 version, I did everything, but I'm not sure I have the drive anymore. If I beat the final boss, I'm likely gonna put the game down. It doesn't help that now there's even more endgame content with extra dungeons and shit, plus I really wanna start Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing this yesterday. Just got past Gattuso, surprisingly only took two attempts. Ended up pinning him against a plant and wailing on him.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, I entered to the lava zone that was further ahead of the cave and I reached a place where it tells me "There's a formula but it isn't active". What does that mean?
Not sure, I skipped this place for now but I think it has an optional boss fight.

Cornbread78 There's a way to re-attempt bosses later so all is not lost!
Blade24070 Might as well go for it and finish it, maybe someday you'll go back to it. No point in forcing yourself through the new contents especially if it end up not fun in the long run, especially since your drive is gone.

Fauve

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm just about to head to zaude, how much more story do I have left?

A metric ton of side quests open up in Part 3 after Zaude, but if you choose not to do them, maybe 10-15~ hours. The final part itself isn't too long, it's just that the optional stuff can bloat the playtime a bit.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kinda over the game. Just wanna finish it. In the 360 version, I did everything, but I'm not sure I have the drive anymore. If I beat the final boss, I'm likely gonna put the game down. It doesn't help that now there's even more endgame content with extra dungeons and shit, plus I really wanna start Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Xenoblade is real good, you made a good choice doing this one first.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Man, I always forget how long these Tales games are. 50 hours in and only getting towards the end of act 2.

But that's also what makes it feel so special when they do finally wrap up.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Finally finished! Really liked it overall!

• Patty is Aifread? I don't quite understand that, but lets anime hand-wave that away. Was it a missed skit?
• I don't think I used a single Mystic Arte (Final Smash?) the entire game. Admittedly I was playing on Normal, but I don't remember the game teaching me how. I must've missed that. And fuck Duke's 'Big Bang' move.
• I think this is the only JRPG I've played where the 'final boss' lives, and you don't fight the big ultimate evil. Maybe I've played too much FF but I was expecting to fight Adephagos directly for the end.
• This is the only Tales game I've played, but the way that 'mana' was discovered and the 'spirits' were born... is this a prequel to a different Tales game? It felt like they were referencing something previous.

Oh, and Namco needs a spellchecker. THAT WAS AWEWOME!!

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished! Really liked it overall!

• Patty is Aifread? I don't quite understand that, but lets anime hand-wave that away. Was it a missed skit?
• I don't think I used a single Mystic Arte (Final Smash?) the entire game. Admittedly I was playing on Normal, but I don't remember the game teaching me how. I must've missed that. And fuck Duke's 'Big Bang' move.
• I think this is the only JRPG I've played where the 'final boss' lives, and you don't fight the big ultimate evil. Maybe I've played too much FF but I was expecting to fight Adephagos directly for the end.
• This is the only Tales game I've played, but the way that 'mana' was discovered and the 'spirits' were born... is this a prequel to a different Tales game? It felt like they were referencing something previous.

Oh, and Namco needs a spellchecker. THAT WAS AWEWOME!!
- I think the same curse that killed the people aboard the Atherum caused her to de-age and suffer amnesia. I think there's a skit where she mention something...but also the new EX dungeon "Necropolis of Nostalgia" possibly tells more about her, or so I read. I haven't done it yet.

- If you ever had a Skill called "Special" this is how you use those mystic arte. You go into Overlimit 3[, use and Arcane arte and hold Circle (At least on PS4) Each characters have 2 of them, although their second mystic artes requires a bunch of prerequisite. Yuri and Flynn have 3 Mystic artes because their third one is a dual mystic arte.

- There's another Tales game where the final boss live. (I can tell you which if you're curious.)

- Nope, not a prequel or a sequel. Spirits and Mana are common recurring themes in the Tales series

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Just got done with the tutorial for Fatal Strikes and the boss afterwards. Have to say, I am liking where the story is going and Karol continues to be the most likeable character, he is awesome and his dinamic with Yuri is great. I am kind of dissapointed I still haven't gotten Raven into my party yet, tho, cause I really like him.

Don't really understand how FS chaining works. Is there even a point to it in Normal mode? Enemies die way too fast to deplete one gauge, let alone three.

Nov 14, 2017
Put Ritas Fireball on your shortcuts, kite Gattuso around the flowers (and stun him with them), spam Destruction Field with Overlimit for massive damage (if you don't have it, grind a bit till level 16) ???? - Profit.
Gotcha yeah in looking it seems like I'm a bit under-leveled for the fight. Is there a way to go back so I can at least buy supplies? I tried to do that last night but was forced back when I got to the road.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gotcha yeah in looking it seems like I'm a bit under-leveled for the fight. Is there a way to go back so I can at least buy supplies? I tried to do that last night but was forced back when I got to the road.

Nope it's a beginners trap sadly, but you can still manage being lower level. Just try to use free run a lot with blocking and spam Ritas Fireball art by using the shortcut. If you use Overlimit with any other skill you should still do a lot of damage in that short time frame.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I've recently entered the third act and I'm starting to feel the fatigue. I still want to follow a guide to see all the extra scenes and obtain extra equip or artes, but the missability (?) of many of those prevents me to take care of them later in the game.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
I've recently entered the third act and I'm starting to feel the fatigue. I still want to follow a guide to see all the extra scenes and obtain extra equip or artes, but the missability (?) of many of those prevents me to take care of them later in the game.

I also just started the third act and following Kouli's guide while proofreading and verifying it for my checklist guide. So far the original desciption by Kouli did not take into factor that one need to tackle a sidequest before being able to take on the folllowup sidequest.

If you haven't started resuming the main story quest, there are lots of missable sidequests as of the beginning of Act 3. >_<

Fauve

Oct 28, 2017
Just got done with the tutorial for Fatal Strikes and the boss afterwards. Have to say, I am liking where the story is going and Karol continues to be the most likeable character, he is awesome and his dinamic with Yuri is great. I am kind of dissapointed I still haven't gotten Raven into my party yet, tho, cause I really like him.

Don't really understand how FS chaining works. Is there even a point to it in Normal mode? Enemies die way too fast to deplete one gauge, let alone three.

I think the game explains FS chains poorly, so I'll try to give an explanation. FS chains are how many times in a combo the Fatal Strike arrow appears on an enemy, before actually using the Fatal Strike. For example, if the enemy's green bar is empty and you're Yuri. If you use Cerberus strike, the green arrow will appear. At that point you can Fatal Strike the enemy. But if you go into Overlimit to spam Cerberus Strike, the arrow will appear after each arte increasing the chain. Let's say you use 5 Cerberus Strikes before unleashing the Fatal Strike, that means you have 5 chains (the number will show up under your hit count on the top right of the screen). However, the chain count doesn't carryover to the next combo. This means that you want to rack up as many chains as you can and THEN unleash a Fatal Strike, all in one combo.

I only used Overlimit as an example because that's your best way of chaining Artes at the point you're at, but you'll get skills later on that let you combo easier. And the effects of the FS chain increases depending on how high the chain was when the Fatal Strike is used.

If you go into the battle book, it will tell you what arrow corresponds to which benefit. Just be aware that which arrow's benefits will not be the same for all enemies. The FS chain system isn't really a huge aspect of the game so you don't have to get into the nitty gritty of it. But later on if you're farming rare materials, the FS chain for drop rates will be very helpful, just as an FYI.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I think the game explains FS chains poorly, so I'll try to give an explanation. FS chains are how many times in a combo the Fatal Strike arrow appears on an enemy, before actually using the Fatal Strike. For example, if the enemy's green bar is empty and you're Yuri. If you use Cerberus strike, the green arrow will appear. At that point you can Fatal Strike the enemy. But if you go into Overlimit to spam Cerberus Strike, the arrow will appear after each arte increasing the chain. Let's say you use 5 Cerberus Strikes before unleashing the Fatal Strike, that means you have 5 chains (the number will show up under your hit count on the top right of the screen). However, the chain count doesn't carryover to the next combo. This means that you want to rack up as many chains as you can and THEN unleash a Fatal Strike, all in one combo.

I only used Overlimit as an example because that's your best way of chaining Artes at the point you're at, but you'll get skills later on that let you combo easier. And the effects of the FS chain increases depending on how high the chain was when the Fatal Strike is used.

If you go into the battle book, it will tell you what arrow corresponds to which benefit. Just be aware that which arrow's benefits will not be the same for all enemies. The FS chain system isn't really a huge aspect of the game so you don't have to get into the nitty gritty of it. But later on if you're farming rare materials, the FS chain for drop rates will be very helpful, just as an FYI.

Oh, I think I got it, so chains build up when you combo an enemy when the green arrow appears? I got a different idea from the Battle Book explanation lol, thanks a lot!

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty accurate explanation of FS chains. Although do note it doesn't matter if you do 5 chains for one combo and 10 in another combo, the bonus applies to the total amount of chain done in a single battle.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I just finished the game today and boy do I feel stupid. When RE2 came out I took a break from vesperia to play RE2 for a playthrough since it was a new game and vesperia is a enhanced port. As I was nearing the end of the game in vesperia I was thinking to myself "when do I get mystic artes? Shouldnt I have them by now" since I had the special skills for multiple characters already.

So right before the final dungeon I go to see if there are any new synths I could get and see on the list the upgrade for overlimit 3 and 4, and the one that allows you to have a second set of artes equipped. I must have had the upgrades available when I stopped to play RE2 and planned to make them on my next time playing vesperia and forgot about it. I must have played through about the 2nd half of the game without those upgrades.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
OMFG there's floors with more than one exit and the one I took made me skip some floors, but I needed to get to one of them to get Patty's Fell Arm.

And I'll have to do over the whole Existence Layer to try again.

Fuck this dungeon.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
So... I didn't know one can miss a cutscene when doing the guild sidequest at Mt. Temza and as I remember it play out slightly differently in the 360 version.

After getting the Everlight ore, DON'T USE THE WARP TO THE EXIT. In the 360 version, you'll encounter Zagi as you head towards the exit whereas for the same scene in the PS3/Definitive Edition are triggered on your way down from the mountain top (after you exit the middle area with the fallen city ruins).

While it is presented in a more cinematic way in the PS3/DE version, I never expect the designer to not removed the warp after getting the Everlight ore and allow the players to miss a cutscene just by using the warp lol.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing this on the switch and so far gotten past the Heracles battle. When playing in handheld mode the game has been what I consider unstable since it has crashed several times including getting this twice now.

TRTi95f.jpg

I find playing docked the game seems stable but I've noticed the frame rate drop in battles which is jarring so when I get my broadband set up in my new apartment I'm going to switch over to the XB1 ver..

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I know that game have a lot of missable, does any guide exist that made them easier to locate and at the same time don't make thing to spoiler-ish ? Never pass 20 hours on 360 because i always had the feeling i was missing something...

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
- I think the same curse that killed the people aboard the Atherum caused her to de-age and suffer amnesia. I think there's a skit where she mention something...but also the new EX dungeon "Necropolis of Nostalgia" possibly tells more about her, or so I read. I haven't done it yet.

- If you ever had a Skill called "Special" this is how you use those mystic arte. You go into Overlimit 3[, use and Arcane arte and hold Circle (At least on PS4) Each characters have 2 of them, although their second mystic artes requires a bunch of prerequisite. Yuri and Flynn have 3 Mystic artes because their third one is a dual mystic arte.

- There's another Tales game where the final boss live. (I can tell you which if you're curious.)

- Nope, not a prequel or a sequel. Spirits and Mana are common recurring themes in the Tales series.[/SPOILER]

I think of two Tales games that end like that.
I know Graces and Xillia end like that. Not sure about any more than that.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
I know that game have a lot of missable, does any guide exist that made them easier to locate and at the same time don't make thing to spoiler-ish ? Never pass 20 hours on 360 because i always had the feeling i was missing something...

I can make a spoiler-free guide version of my current checklist guide which are based on Kouli's missables guide. Personally I recommend playing with a guide as the game doesn't have any sidequests log and the amount of missables stuff with vague requirements is plentiful.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I can make a spoiler-free guide version of my current checklist guide which are based on Kouli's missables guide. Personally I recommend playing with a guide as the game doesn't have any sidequests log and the amount of missables stuff with vague requirements is plentiful.

If this well cut then yeah i'm interest. Because most guide i've look overly explain thing a little, a check-list would be much better.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
If this well cut then yeah i'm interest. Because most guide i've look overly explain thing a little, a check-list would be much better.

I just started Act Three and for the time being, I'll work on the first two Acts spoiler-free checklist which should be ready by weekend.

Will let you know when it is up. I take it you haven't started your Definitive Edition playthrough?

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I just started Act Three and for the time being, I'll work on the first two Acts spoiler-free checklist which should be ready by weekend.

Will let you know when it is up. I take it you haven't started your Definitive Edition playthrough?

No yet, still have 1 games to finish before moving on that one :). Thank that would be really amazing, make my experience way more fun !

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
For anyone who's using my checklist guide, I just push an update that breaks some of the checkbox value as I made correction to Kouli's guide and fix the Engrish translation to the official Definitive Edition. This resulted in a new auto-generated checkbox ID value so the existing cookie value are no longer valid.

So far there is one missable that I can't get it to work and I added note to it in the checklist guide.

Already spent nearly 90 hours on this game and I'm just about to do:

Getting all of the four spirits. I'm taking my sweet time to grind all the crafting materials.

Spliced-Up

Oct 29, 2017
You can definitely leave the area and go back to Halure or Aspio for supplies. I literally just did this on mine because I ran out of Orange Gels. When you get back to main path just make sure you stick to the right and it won't trigger the cutscene forcing you back.

Nov 14, 2017
You can definitely leave the area and go back to Halure or Aspio for supplies. I literally just did this on mine because I ran out of Orange Gels. When you get back to main path just make sure you stick to the right and it won't trigger the cutscene forcing you back.
Yeah I figured that out last night lol. I ran back and grinded until I got to level 16 and learned Destruction Field and also went back to Halure and got a bunch of Apple Gels and Life Bottles.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
So, I'm in the room where you obtain Susanoh and Uroboros from the Fell Arms sidequest but I can't activate the switches from that room to access the next one. Does anyone know how to do it?

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to take the game on the train again today, but usually I just have the game suspended. This time the game was shut down, and upon booting it up it refused to start because I didn't have internet - after the Bamco splash screen it gave me a prompt trying to connect to a network.

Is there anything in this game that requires internet? Kind of annoying.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Decided to take the game on the train again today, but usually I just have the game suspended. This time the game was shut down, and upon booting it up it refused to start because I didn't have internet - after the Bamco splash screen it gave me a prompt trying to connect to a network.

Is there anything in this game that requires internet? Kind of annoying.
Unless you really want to download the DLC items/outfits, then internet isn't required whatsoever.