• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
You get the option to re do them in the last act of the game so you can come back to it at any time but at the cost of No Grade/Items/EXP if that matters

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
So, guys, I'm only 4hs in. (just arrived at that between mountains city: the sealed city of something... )
But I'm finding the combats kinda brainless right now: all I do is keep smashing the "b" button and sometimes "a" (I'm playing the Switch version)
I heard so much about the combat system, that at least for now I'm kinda disappointed.

Will that change as the game progresses?

(graphics and story are pretty good so).

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, guys, I'm only 4hs in. (just arrived at that between mountains city: the sealed city of something... )
But I'm finding the combats kinda brainless right now: all I do is keep smashing the "b" button and sometimes "a" (I'm playing the Switch version)
I heard so much about the combat system, that at least for now I'm kinda disappointed.

Yes like with any other RPG too. You will get more combo stuff, more options, new features and everything in the next 10-15 hours and after that you can do brutal shit with corresponding skills. It just takes a bit of time which makes sense as that is a long game.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
I am very early in the game and have reached a first difficulty peak in the Boss fight against the wolf beast that
has escaped the attack on Halure

Any tips? I might try an change the strategy settings since everybody keeps attacking though the beast has crazy attack and counter attack patterns.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess you mean in the context of the battle arena? I realized that it gives you an advantage if it gets paralyzed by one of the four flowers. But I haven't discovered how to trigger that correctly. Hitting the plants will usually make myself get paralyzed.

Quoting myself from last page:

Put Ritas Fireball on your shortcuts, kite Gattuso around the flowers (and stun him with them), spam Destruction Field with Overlimit for massive damage (if you don't have it, grind a bit till level 16) ???? - Profit.
Nope it's a beginners trap sadly, but you can still manage being lower level. Just try to use free run a lot with blocking and spam Ritas Fireball art by using the shortcut. If you use Overlimit with any other skill you should still do a lot of damage in that short time frame.

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
Gattuso... Best filter ever...

Maybe it sounds as a I'm mocking new people in this game... but I remember I had to fight him 5 or 6 time... I think I had to grind until I got that fire arte for Yuri. Of course I tried to punh the flowers and I got stunnned, lol. Is funny how after that fight the game is relatively easy, at least the main path.

And about the critics on the fight system ("I'm 30 minutes in, I find the fighting is dull") give it time, they teach one thing at a time. Later you got skills and artes that let you do insane combos.

And I'm talking about the original Xbox 360 game. I'm eager to play this new version, but you know, adult stuff and all that (and financial struggles) so maybe when I had a chance I will play the definitive version.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
You could also lower the difficulty for that one fight. He is a bit of a newbie killer in this game and frustrates many people not being good at Tales of games already. There is also no punshiment for lowering the difficulty for a short time frame. :)

Thats another great advise, thanks!

Gattuso... Best filter ever...

Maybe it sounds as a I'm mocking new people in this game... but I remember I had to fight him 5 or 6 time... I think I had to grind until I got that fire arte for Yuri. Of course I tried to punh the flowers and I got stunnned, lol. Is funny how after that fight the game is relatively easy, at least the main path.

I am not worthy :D

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Ok I really, really like this game but good god, the sidequest system is absolute BS.

So I learned that you can fight Kratos from Symphonia in the game and I was so incredibly excited to read that. Turns out that to fight him, you need access to a post game dungeon that you can only reach if you follow specific steps such as going to Phaero's nest after defeating Estelle but before going to Zaude. As far as I've read, if you miss this extremely specific window, the whole quest is nuked and the dungeon, Kratos and the 200 men challenge (so all the cameo costumes) are gone. Who the hell thought this was a smart design choice ???

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I really, really like this game but good god, the sidequest system is absolute BS.

So I learned that you can fight Kratos from Symphonia in the game and I was so incredibly excited to read that. Turns out that to fight him, you need access to a post game dungeon that you can only reach if you follow specific steps such as going to Phaero's nest after defeating Estelle but before going to Zaude. As far as I've read, if you miss this extremely specific window, the whole quest is nuked and the dungeon, Kratos and the 200 men challenge (so all the cameo costumes) are gone. Who the hell thought this was a smart design choice ???
I think I read the dungeon is unmissable in this version of the game.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
I think I read the dungeon is unmissable in this version of the game.
So I digged further and people seem to be still a bit confused but it seems you are right, they added with the PS3 version an alternative way to access it. Thanks mate =)
I still find it strange they would make something like this missable in the 360 verison.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I know that game have a lot of missable, does any guide exist that made them easier to locate and at the same time don't make thing to spoiler-ish ? Never pass 20 hours on 360 because i always had the feeling i was missing something...
For NG+ i've been using a guide on gamefaqs. It's like Kouli's and it notes them in the exact order you can do them and as early as you can do them. It's been working perfectly and I've followed it since I started my second playthrough.
Anyone please? I'm kinda stuck. If I don't activate this the elevators won't work apparently and I won't be able to go back.
I got there again tonight and just stood on them and pressed X so...I don't know why it won't work for you.

Last edited:

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Reached Dahngrest and the start of the next dungeon. Best city by far.

Love where the story is going and the party dinamics, I've heard the guild stuff is pretty inconsequential in the long run, but I really like it. Yuri and Karol's relationship continues to be the best.

Also, finally got Raven!!! I love his character design and his personality and he was the character I was looking forward the most, it took a while but he didn't disapoint! I love playing as him, too.

Can't wait to continue this journey.

rhythm

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone please? I'm kinda stuck. If I don't activate this the elevators won't work apparently and I won't be able to go back.

Probably late by now but you have to activate the scene at the bottom of those stairs right before Duke. I forgot all about this and was running around trying find out how to do it. Forgot how much I hated this dungeon.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Does anyone know where to go after the crystal forest? I literally went over the whole map 20 times and no cutscene or anything.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Man, so the costume DLC doesn't unlock the cameo costumes for beating the 200 man melee with everyone nor the christmas themed costumes for that Repede minigame that I suck at. RIP. No Santa's little helpers for me (really don't like that minigame lmao, it took me like 5 tries just to get Repede's costume).

Anyway, is it me or is Estelle's second mystic arte really weak? I used it against an optional boss and it did like 18k damage, meanwhile Rita used Ancient Catastrophe and did 19k easy.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know where to go after the crystal forest? I literally went over the whole map 20 times and no cutscene or anything.
Reliewese Hollow, its the bottom right continent that's only mountain-ish there's another dungeon there.

Anyway, finished the Labyrinth of Memories, now clearing up the 100 mans and 200 mans melee then it's Necropolis time.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Just wait until you get one of the later characters.
They have a combat style that is very random (like seriously a lot of their moves are based off random effects)
and 4 different styles that change how a lot of moves work

though more seriously though
if you don't mind some move spoilers give this a watch

it will give you an idea of what the combat can eventually become.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Raven is so good. He reminds me of how Tales of characters are usually written nowadays (which i personally prefer).

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
And now Yuri
also killed Cumore
Now it is becoming clear that the main theme of the game could be the different view about what justice is, with divergent opinions between Yuri and Flynn. And I'm really liking it, I hope it continues to be good (I'm around 20 hours or just under 20, I don't know how much I have advanced on the main story).

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
And now Yuri
also killed Cumore
Now it is becoming clear that the main theme of the game could be the different view about what justice is, with divergent opinions between Yuri and Flynn. And I'm really liking it, I hope it continues to be good (I'm around 20 hours or just under 20, I don't know how much I have advanced on the main story).

^You're roughly halfway through the game plot.

I can't remember who asked for a spoiler-free guide but here's the link for the first two acts: https://hueyyeng.github.io/VesperiaGuide/missables_spoiler_free/

Just don't accidentally navigate to the usual guide as it is spoiler festival with screenshots.

Also there are quite a few typo/grammar mistakes for the new dialogue text (more obvious in Act 3) especially missing whitespace. Quite a shoddy job as Patty name also lacking the whitespace in the status screen!

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Probably late by now but you have to activate the scene at the bottom of those stairs right before Duke. I forgot all about this and was running around trying find out how to do it. Forgot how much I hated this dungeon.
Yeah, I learned about this after I asked in other places. I actually just finished the Fell Arms sidequest and it leads me to this conclusion:

I usually prefer to not get personal but whoever designed this sidequest can go to F*CKING HELL!

The first few Fell Arms are actually not much of a problem, sure you have to backtrack and is annoying but is nothing too gamebreaking. However, once that you get to the last dungeon you start to notice how obnoxious it actually can get because all of the necessary steps you have to do to make it work (the aforementioned cutscene being a clear example) and it forces you to go through a bunch of stairs that heavily break the pacing of the game.

But even that doesn't compare to the misery that is getting both Flynn and Patty's Fell Arms.

First of all, you need to activate a really specific cutscene in Estelle's room to access to it (another of those) and then go through extra dungeons known as Firmament and Existence consisting of 10 floors each. Those dungeons are torture incarnated by the way because their gimmick is that in each floor you have to go through a certain amount of rooms with a battle segment in each one, the enemies are not too hard to beat but the fact that you have to do it constantly is incredibly tiresome, not to mention that there are a few enemies that are immune to certain attacks and so you will have to change your party to accomodate to those fights (which means more wasting time) and to add to the fun there's a time limit in each room and the enemies will respawn if you take too long and poor of you if those rooms contain the enemies with immunity. Oh, and also Patty and Flynn's Fell Arms are in very specific rooms and floors and if you messed up and went to a different floor you will be obligated to do it all over again because these goddamn stages don't give you the choice to go up a floor to try again.

But worst of all, worst of all is the lack of save points here. They are very arbitrary in which floor they're located and pray to every God you know that the game doesn't crash on you before you get to one because this is a very common issue in EVERY release of this title (Seriously, it happened to me at least 4 times here).

Who actually thought this was fun? Who actually thought this was even appropriate? I know sidequests can be time consuming but someone must have realized that this wasn't simply a good idea, especially because you need those Fell Arms to get the true final battle. I hope the responsible for this never did another sidequest again.

Last edited:

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing after picking up Day 1. I opened all the costume packs that came with the DE, but can I still get more or is this all the game has now for unlocking?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
By the way, I already went to the final boss and beat his first 2 forms but the third one, the Fell Arms one, automatically kicked my ass.

I'm around level 65 and it seems like I will have to grind now. Is there a recommended equipment for this battle? The boss uses quite a few status altering effects like I think Weak and some that negate Artes which makes his fight more annoying than actually difficult.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
By the way, I already went to the final boss and beat his first 2 forms but the third one, the Fell Arms one, automatically kicked my ass.

I'm around level 65 and it seems like I will have to grind now. Is there a recommended equipment for this battle? The boss uses quite a few status altering effects like I think Weak and some that negate Artes which makes his fight more annoying than actually difficult.
Is it possible to face the third form the first time you challenge him? Because I've already unlocked the secret dungeon that hosts the final Fell Arms but still not entered the final dungeon of the game.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the game and completed all of the secret missions today. I've pretty much done everything except for the EX dungeons, so I think I'm satisfied with stopping now.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

Can always equip your melee fighters with Amulets to help with the status ailment.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
So, I'm around level 67 now and I can defeat the first two forms of the final boss with relative ease (despite that the second form spams a pretty BS Mystic Arte that pretty much wipes the entire party) but the third form KEEPS kicking my ass.

Recommended level for it?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just about to go to Mt Temza but I'm curious what party composition everyone has been running with?

I seem to be over-reliant on Estelle for healing.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
I'm just about to go to Mt Temza but I'm curious what party composition everyone has been running with?

I seem to be over-reliant on Estelle for healing.

Raven is a pretty good healer too if you configure the AI to use healing artes... other than that just configure the AI to use healing items and set the Item Thrower skill if available to allow the use of items on other characters.

Dumb part is that you must learn and/or equip that skill.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Raven is a pretty good healer too if you configure the AI to use healing artes... other than that just configure the AI to use healing items and set the Item Thrower skill if available to allow the use of items on other characters.

Dumb part is that you must learn and/or equip that skill.

Yeah, I have a bunch of characters with item thrower. I had to switch to allow mode for items because they would absolutely eat through the TP restoring Gels.

Raven does have love shot, I've never really tried running with him as healer. He seems to be a lot more offense focused than Natalia from Abyss.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I have a bunch of characters with item thrower. I had to switch to allow mode for items because they would absolutely eat through the TP restoring Gels.

Raven does have love shot, I've never really tried running with him as healer. He seems to be a lot more offense focused than Natalia from Abyss.
He's a good healer but IMO he burns through TP pretty fast. I can't remember if you have an emerald ring by this point but if you do, give it to raven if you use him as healer. Anyway, it's pretty normal to be over-reliant on Estelle, she's the staple healer of this title so its hard to not want to have her in your party.

It's even harder if you make her learn Nightingale, which is even better than revitalize at lower tp cost.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He's a good healer but IMO he burns through TP pretty fast. I can't remember if you have an emerald ring by this point but if you do, give it to raven if you use him as healer. Anyway, it's pretty normal to be over-reliant on Estelle, she's the staple healer of this title so its hard to not want to have her in your party.

It's even harder if you make her learn Nightingale, which is even better than revitalize at lower tp cost.

I'll double check.

I did Mt Temza with both Karol and Raven in the party which worked well enough for healing. I imagine when I get Flynn I can sub him in too.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'll double check.

I did Mt Temza with both Karol and Raven in the party which worked well enough for healing. I imagine when I get Flynn I can sub him in too.
Flynn's pretty decent at healing too even if he only has first aid. That's what I like with Vesperia, you get a lot of healer options and you can still make it work.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Am I crazy, or does the skit "Still a Lot to Learn" appear twice? The one where Raven and Judy screw with Karol and Estelle about the artisan that always seems to travel right to the place where the group is. I've seen it first in Nordapolica after getting the
airship
and again a short while later after returning to Aspio to get info about Myorzo.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just lost half an hour of progress to a hard lock on Switch. Most of it was dialogue but I'm going to have to redo a boss fight too.

Third crash I've had throughout my 30 hour playthrough. Kind of annoying.

EDIT:

Flynn's pretty decent at healing too even if he only has first aid. That's what I like with Vesperia, you get a lot of healer options and you can still make it work.

I got Nightingale for Estelle and Cure for Flynn so healing is a lot easier now regardless of who I go with.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I've defeated the final boss and I had all the Fell Arms, but
there was no third phase. Did I have to equip them during the fight or I'm forced to do it in the post game?
Edit: ok, I forgot to unlock the scene outside the final dungeon.

Last edited: