• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
95O8y8n.jpg

Jxf5n74.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
So what was the deal with Patty? She said she will explain her backstory when shes ready but there wasn't anything until the end.
Is there another missable scene with her? The cutscene in the 2nd floor of the Necropolis of Nostalgia felt like I missed something inbetween.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
So I finally started Necropolis of Nostalgia and it was nice to see point light dynamic shadow cast in the dungeon itself! Although I can't imagine playing this dungeon without a map... and Rita's blah blah blah Tidal Wave blah blah blah spam to hasten the progress.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Wait, Flynn knew Yuri killed a certain terrible knight with bright colored hair??

Nvm: I forgot about this scene(these scenes).

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how learning new recipies work? Do i need to master the dish or just cook it once?

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Patty is so much fun to play as. And so is Flynn. He's heavier thanks to his armor, but it's whatever.

Evade skills will increase his agility right?

Also, assuming Patty has the chef costume, I'm guessing she's the best cook in the party?

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Patty is so much fun to play as. And so is Flynn. He's heavier thanks to his armor, but it's whatever.

Evade skills will increase his agility right?

Also, assuming Patty has the chef costume, I'm guessing she's the best cook in the party?
Already tanky characters dont benefit much from agility.

Yes patty has a cooking sidequest as well. Well she has multiple cooking sidequests.

I dropped flynn when i realized that his damage output is average compared to other characters. A good tank though.

End game; karol is the one hitting the hardest.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I haven't even touched cooking lol

This game is easy enough as-is

You playing on hard? Because it's pretty challenging on hard.

Already tanky characters dont benefit much from agility.

Yes patty has a cooking sidequest as well. Well she has multiple cooking sidequests.

I dropped flynn when i realized that his damage output is average compared to other characters. A good tank though.

End game; karol is the one hitting the hardest.

Yeah, alright, I'll have Patty cook everything then. Much simpler than picking one of the group at random by trial and error.

I'm following this specific missables guide so I shouldn't miss those sidequests.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is a skill that boosts Patty significally if all in the party are females. So i switched uuri with judy.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
This is literally the only game I can think of that truly got better and better after the beginning.

After reaching Dahngrest I thought the plot, gameplay and party dynamics got really fun. Still, don't see the massive hype there was around Vesperia, but I do think it is a very fun game. It just doesn't manage to invest me in the same way other games, even in the Tales series, have done in the past. I blame it partially in the weak story, especially regarding character motivations, honestly. The Arc 1 hook only got good when it escalated, and the main reason the party is travelling all over the world in the second arc is just piss poor.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm playing this again 11 years later and it feels like nothing has really dated. This title feels timeless. It still looks gorgeous (possibly even more so), the battle system is still my favorite, in all it's simplicity, and the story while not perfect, is excellent.

Vesperia got better with time and I can appreciate it in new ways at 25 than I could at 14. I think my biggest appreciation this time around is the relationship between Yuri and Flynn. It's really well done. I didn't see it before, but It's so clear that Yuri wants to be, in some ways and to some capacity, like Flynn.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing this again 11 years later and it feels like nothing has really dated. This title feels timeless. It still looks gorgeous (possibly even more so), the battle system is still my favorite, in all it's simplicity, and the story while not perfect, is excellent.

Vesperia got better with time and I can appreciate it in new ways at 25 than I could at 14. I think my biggest appreciation this time around is the relationship between Yuri and Flynn. It's really well done. I didn't see it before, but It's so clear that Yuri wants to be, in some ways and to some capacity, like Flynn.
I think because tales has been crappy after the release of Vesperia. Yeah even berseria.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Just keep cooking until you unlock it. Flynn is a disaster with this as it took me dozens of battles to get him to unlock his new recipe...
Yeah i am struggling with this. I guess sleeping at the inn is faster way.
Specific characters unlock specific dishes, when you unlock them is completely random it can be in a few battles, of you can learn it even if the recipe you're cooking is mastered, it's random. Also yeah, Flynn is horrible at cooking but he can still unlock recipe even if he fail.
You playing on hard? Because it's pretty challenging on hard.

Yeah, alright, I'll have Patty cook everything then. Much simpler than picking one of the group at random by trial and error.

I'm following this specific missables guide so I shouldn't miss those sidequests.
You should master all recipe with a single character, I picked Yuri because for the cooking contest in act 3 if someone has mastered every single recipes everyone gets their cooking titles.

I think because tales has been crappy after the release of Vesperia. Yeah even berseria.
I wouldn't say crappy but in term of content, whether its just costumes or side events none of them matched vesperia.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
the guide for patty's mystic art has to be wrong with odds.
I get the axe guy (who is supposed to be 15%) like 50% of the time in crit and I have yet to get Seifer after 50 or so uses who is supposed to be 18% lol

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Flynn feels really half assed added as a playable character

Patty is fully developed as a character and joins the party at a reasonable time during the story, but Flynn comes and goes and you won't see him for like 10 hours at a time, and he only joins you for good at the absolute last possible minute...

Patty has to be the best JRPG little girl character I've seen. I usually find them very annoying, but Patty is great

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Patty is fully developed as a character and joins the party at a reasonable time during the story, but Flynn comes and goes and you won't see him for like 10 hours at a time, and he only joins you for good at the absolute last possible minute...

Patty has to be the best JRPG little girl character I've seen. I usually find them very annoying, but Patty is great
Yeah flynn is a disappointment, also playvise since he lacks many skills yuri got.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

I wish they had gone with a different voice, but at least battle style she is a lot of fun. Especially once you get some control over her randomness through skills.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Man, this final arc of Vesperia is sidequest hell

Yea I know it's optional but I've come so far with so many of them already

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Man, this final arc of Vesperia is sidequest hell

Yea I know it's optional but I've come so far with so many of them already
Yeah, it's one of the few times I felt like a game had too much content lol.

Aurnion
has so much optional cut-scenes the sub-quest flags get all mixed together and you need to constantly exit and re-enter.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, it's one of the few times I felt like a game had too much content lol.

Aurnion
has so much optional cut-scenes the sub-quest flags get all mixed together and you need to constantly exit and re-enter.

It's not so bad if I wasn't rushing to complete it before DMC5 comes out this week.

But man, I legit almost dozed off going through the motion lol

Oct 25, 2017
combat still hasn't clicked for me like a dozen hrs in, especially against flying enemies haha. The delays between any movement... it's a challenge. I know how to chain stuff, but the TP drain is heavy so I don't really do it against mobs haha. Still feel like symphonia team combat is lacking vs the CC based tales stuff, but I'm enjoying everything else so far.

I did just unlock over limit v2... no clue how to do this? How do I trigger 2 units to do OL? Game is mad bad at explaining these mechanics even in the battle book :S

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I did just unlock over limit v2... no clue how to do this? How do I trigger 2 units to do OL? Game is mad bad at explaining these mechanics even in the battle book :S

On Switch it's the different D-Button directions for different levels of OL, I assume it's on DPad on other system.

Yeah, I also find the combat super clunky 35 hours in. The enemies have too many invulnerability frames (esp. when knocked down and standing up), the delays between combos are too long if you don't manage to cancel and combat against flying enemies is just plain annoying. Fatal Strikes are too inconsistent to pull off, but Burst and Mystic Artes are at least kinda nice.

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
Could someone give me a rough estimate on how many hours I have left in the main game based on the spoiler below? At about 46 hours now. I'm trying to plan my backlog attack, Haha. I am loving this game, though.

I just beat Alexei at Zaude.

Oct 25, 2017
On Switch it's the different D-Button directions for different levels of OL, I assume it's on DPad on other system.

Yeah, I also find the combat super clunky 35 hours in. The enemies have too many invulnerability frames (esp. when knocked down and standing up), the delays between combos are too long if you don't manage to cancel and combat against flying enemies is just plain annoying. Fatal Strikes are too inconsistent to pull off, but Burst and Mystic Artes are at least kinda nice.

yeah but I assume that's for 1 unit... but the game mentions you can trigger OL on 2 separate characters?

Oct 25, 2017
so when in this game does combat get broken? I recall this game you can pretty much endless combo everyone to death at some point due to some mechanics.

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
Could someone give me a rough estimate on how many hours I have left in the main game based on the spoiler below? At about 46 hours now. I'm trying to plan my backlog attack, Haha. I am loving this game, though.

You have about 15-20 hours left depending on how many side quests you want to do.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wow i was 130 hours into the game at same point.

Finalbeta

Sep 6, 2018
Naples, Italy

I can totally rely on this. This game didn't lose appeal and I have appreciated it more as a grown adult (24) than I ever did as a child.

One thing I noticed is that it got easier but that's supposed to be normal as I have more experience with gaming in general.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa! I've probably missed a bunch of optional content since I'm playing without a guide. Wonder if it is too late to go back to do any of the major side content?
it is. a ton of content is missable.

That being said a lot of the late game stuff is really hard unless you do new game plus, so I would just do a new game plus and do stuff that way .

but yeah. We are talking we added like 10 hours of story to the first 2 parts by following a guide and locating side story stuff.... there is a ton of side stuff you can just ignore to play the main story lol.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
so when in this game does combat get broken? I recall this game you can pretty much endless combo everyone to death at some point due to some mechanics.
When you get all the proper skills for it, also depend on your personal skill at pulling off said combos. Considering you just got OL 2 it's not yet. Also check the battle book whenever you get a new OL, it tells you what to press to spend x amount of unit and yes, you can have multiple characters in OL on field at once.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I can totally rely on this. This game didn't lose appeal and I have appreciated it more as a grown adult (24) than I ever did as a child.

One thing I noticed is that it got easier but that's supposed to be normal as I have more experience with gaming in general.

Lmao, I feel like it's harder than when I last played it in '09. But I'm playing on Hard. The challenge is present and I love it.

LegendOfAB

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Yo everyone. I heard the First Strike movie can potentially lessen the impact of certain moments in game. Yet I still would really like to watch it at some point BEFORE finishing the game. So, to anyone that played & watched: is there like a certain point in the game ("near the end" for instance) that I can progress to that would allow me to safely watch the movie with my niece without any kind of spoilers?

Last edited: