• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yo everyone. I heard the First Strike movie can potentially lessen the impact of certain moments in game. Yet I still would really like to watch it at some point BEFORE finishing the game. So, to anyone that played & watched: is there like a certain point in the game ("near the end" for instance) that I can progress to that would allow me to safely watch the movie with my niece without any kind of spoilers?
I uh honestly don't remember anything about that movie aside from
tumblr_m0kjsvoSfL1qfwmcno1_500.gif

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Yo everyone. I heard the First Strike movie can potentially lessen the impact of certain moments in game. Yet I still would really like to watch it at some point BEFORE finishing the game. So, to anyone that played & watched: is there like a certain point in the game ("near the end" for instance) that I can progress to that would allow me to safely watch the movie with my niece without any kind of spoilers?
I don't see how, all I remember is First Strike is a prequel to vesperia so...I say go ahead and watch it. At most maybe watch it just before fighting the final boss. (and you'll know when)

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a recommended difficulty to set the game to if it's your first time? I picked normal but I've found two boss fights ridiculously tough so far, Zagi at the beginning and the wolf dog at Ehmead Hill, for both of these I had to change the game to easy but I don't find any of the other fights particularly hard on normal difficulty. I'm wondering if I should just play on easy difficulty instead?

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a recommended difficulty to set the game to if it's your first time? I picked normal but I've found two boss fights ridiculously tough so far, Zagi at the beginning and the wolf dog at Ehmead Hill, for both of these I had to change the game to easy but I don't find any of the other fights particularly hard on normal difficulty. I'm wondering if I should just play on easy difficulty instead?
The rest of the bosses are easier.

Play on normal

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is taraqon the last dungeon? If you beat final boss, can you continue your first playthrough postgame content? Or do you need to go NG+?

LegendOfAB

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I don't see how, all I remember is First Strike is a prequel to vesperia so...I say go ahead and watch it. At most maybe watch it just before fighting the final boss. (and you'll know when)

Hmm, I can think of a few ways for a prequel to spoil what's coming. Especially if the developers expect you to have knowledge of the present in some way.

I was thinking of just watching it before the final boss or something too. But I am about 30+ hours in and it still seems so far away

Loving the game though.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I can think of a few ways for a prequel to spoil what's coming. Especially if the developers expect you to have knowledge of the present in some way.

I was thinking of just watching it before the final boss or something too. But I am about 30+ hours in and it still seems so far away

Loving the game though.
imo the prequel movie is pretty inconsequential so it really doesn't matter.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Is taraqon the last dungeon? If you beat final boss, can you continue your first playthrough postgame content? Or do you need to go NG+?

Tarqaron is the last dungeon story-wise (and really shows how lazy the dungeon design by the time the devs working on this for the 360 release).

After beating the final boss, the game will prompt you to save and you can load it to continue the post-game stuff as it will load at the save point right before the final boss battle.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tarqaron is the last dungeon story-wise (and really shows how lazy the dungeon design by the time the devs working on this for the 360 release).

After beating the final boss, the game will prompt you to save and you can load it to continue the post-game stuff as it will load at the save point right before the final boss battle.
So i can use unlocked fell arms on first playthrough?

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
So i can use unlocked fell arms on first playthrough?

If you overwrite your save after defeating the final boss "final form" which requires all the Fell Arms, you can use the unlocked Fell Arms from that same saves (basically your same playthrough).

Although if I'm not mistaken, you need to swap your equipment to the unlocked Fell Arms during the last phase after the in-battle cutscene if you haven't equip it.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I can't believe it takes 48 hours (in a 50 hour story) to get Flynn as a permanent party member

His random conversation with Patty was hilarious. They have literally met for like 5 minutes before having a deep philosophical conversation.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Saw the latest announcement on Steam about the latest patch:

Update 1.2 is out today, to bring adjustments and fix gameplay issues in Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition.

• Fixed a rare issue in which the game would freeze during gameplay.
  • Adjusted the height of certain enemies both in the overworld map and in battle.
  • Fixed the display lag that would occur in Mantaic.
  • Adjusted the behavior of stick controls during battle.
  • Fixed an issue in which Flynn's voice would play in Japanese when changing his strategy to "Up To You" during battle, even when voiceover settings had been set to English.
  • Improved stability of other behaviors.
  • Controller only: fixed an issue in which certain of Rita's and Estelle's artes would trigger in an unintended location.
Full changelog for all platforms in PDF because why not: http://d1vtv52f4vjbmu.cloudfront.net/games/tales_of_vesperia/tov-de_patch-note.pdf

BI5HWcD.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
"
  • Fixed a rare issue in which the game would freeze during gameplay.
  • Adjusted the behavior of stick controls during battle.
FREAKING THANK YOU

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
From my 1 hour session with the latest patch on Steam on my GTX 780 3GB with Nvidia driver 418.91 at 1080p 4xMSAA Borderless on Win7:
  1. Microstuttering in town/dungeon are less noticeable which is great (MSI Afterburner still report a flat 16.7ms for me aka 60fps which is a lie).
  2. Can't spot the difference of enemy placement heights.
  3. Typo like missing whitespace in Patty's name in the status screen is still there and I believe every typos in the text are left untouched.
  4. Skits featuring Flynn didn't change from the the low volume and bad mixing...
  5. I can't feel any change in load time (using a 1TB WD Black HDD).
Haven't try the other stuff as I play with a 360 pad and using the default buttons assignment.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Can you get sorcerers ring lvl4 before final boss? No spoilers though.
once you collect 4 things that you need, and Laputa shows up you can get the sorcerers ring 4 and 5 >.>

and if you can make sense of what ever the hell I mean by that before you come across those things I will be in awe lol. (I wouldn't be surprised if even people who have beat the game will not get what I'm saying :P)

but yes that happens before the final boss.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
WTF? My X1X just started downloading a 13.07 GB update. That's a lot...

I think Steam downloaded approx 400MB. No idea why the Xbox One patch is half the size of the PC install size.

Of course

Level 4 is enough, level 5 is for one specific location in the game.

I already got level 5 but only found it useful for one icy dungeon (keeping it spoiler free). Not sure if that is the specific location you're referring.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I think Steam downloaded approx 400MB. No idea why the Xbox One patch is half the size of the PC install size.

I already got level 5 but only found it useful for one icy dungeon (keeping it spoiler free). Not sure if that is the specific location you're referring.
Do you mean the crystalland? Pretty sure there everything is fine with LV3. The place I mean is Shaikos Ruin, in the boss room where there used to be a locked door up a staircase its now open when Tarqaron is available, there's a huge pillar there that can be pushed with the LV5 ring, letting you return to the beginning quickly, it's also where you find Overdrive Researcher.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Do you mean the crystalland? Pretty sure there everything is fine with LV3. The place I mean is Shaikos Ruin, in the boss room where there used to be a locked door up a staircase its now open when Tarqaron is available, there's a huge pillar there that can be pushed with the LV5 ring, letting you return to the beginning quickly, it's also where you find Overdrive Researcher.

Oh I was referring to Blade Drifts of Zophier as I remember revisiting the area after getting Level 4 and one of the icy rock doesn't budge much until I have level 5 (or I'm remembering it wrongly)

Yeah I got the attachment at Shaikos Ruins and also pushing down the pillar but I already have level 5 by that time.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
You don't need 5 to push that pillar. I did it with 3

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
I wonder what the audio is like on Switch now. It was odd.
its better, the skit voice volume is now pretty much the same as the cut scene volume. But the game is sadly still in stereo.

In what world we live in that a definitive edition can be called that with basically taking away features from a 10 year old game.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I hit Act 2, the game is good overall but the story seems a bit weak. Hoping it picks up here, but just recently with Berseria I found the story, characters, writing a lot more gripping.

Also the more basic cutscene animations hold the story back a bit.