• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
77sxDGg.jpg

Original Platforms: XB360, PS3 (JPN)
New Platforms: XB1, PS4, Switch, PC
Developer: Namco Bandai (Tales Studio - Team Symphonia)
*PC port was done by QLOC
Publisher: Namco Bandai
Genre: Role Playing Game
Original Release Dates:
Xbox 360
- Japan: August 7th, 2008
- Asia (Japanese): August 14th, 2008
- North America: August 26th, 2008
- Asia (English): September 4th, 2008
- Europe and Australia: June 26th, 2009
PlayStation 3
- Japan: September 17th, 2009
- NA/EU: "Yeah, not that one"

"Definitive Edition" (PS4/XB1/Switch/PC) Release Date:
January 11th, 2019

Website

6vbxw22.png

erIlWW8.png

Premium Edition: (EU)
FWdR6QH.jpg

this package includes the game, art book, 4-CD soundtrack, cards set, pin badge set, stickers set, and Repede metal case

Anniversary Bundle: (Banco Store only)
3oDi9nn.jpg

The package includes the game, three acrylics keychains for Yuri, Patty, and Flynn, a Repede metal case, art book, and exclusive diorama display case stage.
The new bundle is up for pre-order exclusively on Bandai Namco's website here for $99.99.
Store Link

*Switch Version:
WILL ship on a 16 GB cart, NO additional download will be required.

Performance comparisons:
CeZynwj.png

FcQ1d2i.png

(The website does not mention resolutions and frame rates for PlayStation 4 Pro or Xbox One X, suggesting the game is not enhanced for the more powerful platforms.)

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: CPU:Core i5-750, ~2.7GHz / AMD X6 FX-6350 3,9GHz AM3
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 2GB / Radeon HD 7950 3GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 25 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible
    • Additional Notes: Minimum Spec: Frame Fate: stable more than 60 Resolution: 1280x720 Setting: LOW/OFF Anti-aliasing: OFF The above conditions need to be met to achieve minimum system requirements.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770S、~3.1GHz / AMD Ryzen 7 1700
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 25 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible
    • Additional Notes: Reccomended Spec requirement: Frame Fate: stable more than 60 Resolution: 1920x1080 Setting: HIGH Anti-aliasing: 2x or more The above conditions need to be met to achieve recommended spec requirement.

ToV Steam Page

s1jvRhT.png

General Changes and additions

• The entirety of the main story, and several side quests, are now fully voiced.
  • Several sound effects, such as the hit sound and defeated enemy sound, have been changed.
  • Twelve new tracks have been added.
  • The title logo of the game has been changed, from a violet tone to a blue that transitions to red in the center.
  • The camerawork in several cutscenes has been altered from the 360 version.
  • The Opening Movie has been altered to include Patty. The song itself is the same as the 360 version's.
  • When obtaining an item, at the bottom of the screen a graphic of the item and its description are shown.
  • A new playable character, Patty Fleur, has been added.
  • Flynn Scifo joins the party at other intervals in the game, and becomes a permanent member late in the game.
  • 39 new skits have been added, and several older skits have been altered to include Flynn and/or Patty.
  • Through a special item, Repede can now be used as the party leader.
  • Additional scenes have been added, particularly for Flynn and Patty.
  • Ragou's Manor dungeon has been extended somewhat.
  • Weasand of Cados has an extra zone at the end.
  • You can now enter Estelle's Room.
  • New locations: Waterway of Oaths, Lenenthra Hollow
  • Optional Dungeons: Cavern Depths, Telescopic Graveyard
  • New Giganto Monsters: Green Menace, Bloody Peak
  • About twelve bosses. Most optional.
  • Several new titles and constumes.
  • A large array of gameplay enahcancements, changes, and additions.

Full list of "Definitive Edition" features can be found here: (there are a ton!)
Full list of changes/Enhancements for Tales of Vesperia R

VGJ8qkK.png

Set in a world reliant on a mysterious ancient technology known as Blastia, Tales of Vesperia follows former knight Yuri Lowell as he delves into a shadowy plot to use these magical devices to control civilization, or destroy it. Yuri has been given a mission to retrieve a stolen Blastia Core used to regulate his neighborhood's water supply. This simple mission spins into a series of events that finds Yuri befriending a colorful cast of characters, traveling to exotic locations, and being pushed into the middle of a nefarious plot that threatens the destruction of the entire planet.

PkUNemk.jpg

4Dm50P2.png

jO1lQ0F.png

Yuri Lowell
  • VA: Kousuke Toriumi (JP), Troy Baker (EN)
  • Design: Kousuke Fujishima

Raised in the Lower Quarter of Zaphias, the sarcastic 21 year old man likes to take matters on his own hands, which leds to the chase of a blastia core thief at the start of the game. Although Yuri once served as an Imperial Knight alongside Flynn, he now hates what the Empire represents and has developed a distinctive sense of justice. This and its mature personality contrasts with his enjoyment of teasing other party members though, including his faithful partner Repede.

His unsubtle fighting style includes swinging katanas like clubs and incorporating punches to his techniques.

kyCwe3G.png

Estelle
  • VA: Mai Nakahara (JP), Eden Riegel (EN)

This knowledgable noble woman decides to follow Yuri after casually meeting him in the first hours of the game in the hopes of finding Flynn. Later on the selfless and kind soul sticks with the party to discover the world she only knew about from her love of reading, considering she had a sheltered childhood at Zaphias Castle.

A particular trait about her combat skills is that although she is capable of using healing artes, she also has a very high defense stat, making her a good tank for the party.

9T3Lrb1.png

Repede
  • VA: Makoto Ishii (JP)

Yuri's inseparable companion has had a rough life, losing beloved ones at a short age. Friendly with those he trusts, Repede is the first playable character in the series to walk on four feet.

Although he normally carries a pipe, Repede also uses daggers to fight and steal from the enemy. Since he is smaller and faster than the rest of the party, he can avoid damage that other characters would normally suffer.

mRuky20.png

Rita Mordio
  • VA: Rika Morinaga (JP), Michelle Ruff (EN)

Although she is a prominent scholar of Aspio, this eccentric young girl has made a reputation for herself as a weirdo who lacks any friends, family or social skills. Since her research specializes in blastia, she is interested in Estelle's magic skills.

She battles with scrolls and whips, and counts with a variety of spells of fire, earth, water and darkness.

gjleEyS.png

Flynn Scifo
  • VA: Mamoru Miyano (JP), Sam Riegel (EN)

As both a friend and rival to Yuri, Guy Flynn has a completely different mindset, trying to approach problems with words rather than swords. As such he always cares about the larger impact of actions, a result of his dislike of a paternal figure that died withouth leaving any mark on the world.

As a fully playable character in this version, Flynn prefers swords and shields, although he also knows some spells.

VuOHU4E.png

Judith
  • VA: Aya Hisakawa (JP), Megan Hollingshead (EN)

The mysterious woman is the composed and rational member of the group, although she can be very bold at times. Raised in Temza and part of the Kritya tribe, the warrior is in a quest to track down and destroy blastia, which leads her to take on numerous missions while traveling with the party.

Judith's fighting style is based on both long weapons like spears - that allow her to maintain a distance from the enemy - and strong aerial combat.

6hm5QRH.png

Karol Capel
  • VA: Kumiko Watanabe (JP), Julie Ann Taylor (EN)

As a native of Dahngrest, the young boy has a deep understanding of the work required to run a guild, but a lack of self-confidence has resulted in him being kicked from many of them. This cowardice contrast with Karol being appointed as the leader of the recently formed Brave Vesperia, a group dedicated to promote justice.

He fills the strong but slow role in combat, as he prefers to use large weapons like axes and hammers.

7w2JQGM.png

Patty Fleur
  • VA: Chiwa Saitou (JP)

The young pirate joins the party while looking for both her memories and the fabled treasure of a legendary corsair. The childish girl also also makes her debut in the west since she was added as a playable character in the Japan-only PS3 port of the game.

Proficient with guns and knifes, Patty can summon characters to help in battle, and also has a variety of skills based on chance.

Z4hz052.png

Raven
  • VA: Eiji Takemoto (JP), Joe J. Thomas (EN)

The shady old alcoholic is the oldest member of the party, and is first seen talking with Yuri about the blastia thief he was looking for at the start of the game. Since he joins the party in pursuit of his own interests, the rest of the group is highly suspicious of him.

Although he has seen better times, Raven is a versatile fighter that primarily uses bows, prefers wind artes and can heal allies.

E2b09dt.png

FD3zPkR.jpg

P6lDPt3.jpg

3QDqS2t.jpg

V7VpgLV.jpg

PsHQwZm.jpg

xumcTd8.jpg

FNv9VM6.jpg

4NXC4vy.png

E3 Announcement Trailer
ToV "Features" Trailer
TGS Gameplay Video
EU Anime Expo Trailer (PS4)

Old School:
XBox 360 battle video
XBox 360battle video 2

Trophies:
Trophy List possible spoilers

Reviews:
PS4 Metacritic
Opencritic Page

Helpful Guides:
Missables Guide

tauke 's
missables checklist: https://hueyyeng.github.io/VesperiaGuide/missables/

Guide:
https://hueyyeng.github.io/VesperiaGuide/

Thread Reminder:
This is the first release on Nin/PS/PC in EU/NA, so with that in mind, please keep the thread Spoiler Free! Tag those spoilers and enjoy the game!

Oh, also:
We finally got the definitive version of the game on multiple platforms, let's not ruin the OT with fanboy shit 😌

DeH65FJ.jpg

*Special Thanks to Reki and Rpgmonkey for all their help putting together and organizing the OT's images and content! It was, truly, a great collaborative effort!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Oh snap this and Mario U on the same day, uuugh my Switch backlog continues growing tremendously.

But at least I'll actually play these two games. I've been looking forward to Vesperia for so, so many years, extremely glad to finally get a chance to play it.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Stoked to play this - am I going to be struggling if I play as Estelle? I love me a paladin type lady(although she seems more on the healer side).

Nov 13, 2017
Are there any reviews out yet? I need something to tide me over until Dragon Quest on Switch/wash out Octorepetitive Traveler from my memory.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Character list seems incomplete?

Excited to replay my favorite Tales game. It probably won't hold up. Lol.

I think I'm in for the Switch version. Do we know how big it is exactly?

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Did you accidentally post the thread early or what's up with the weird choice of characters? :)

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I've waited for this for a decade, I can't believe in just 2 days it'll finally be released :'(

<3

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still having trouble if I should get this on PS4 or Switch.

I mainly game on my PS4 but at this moment, I have 2 other games coming very soon too (RE2 and KH3), so this will be heavily sidelined.

I also like collecting trophies but I really really doubt I'm platinuming this.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT, though your missing most of the characters.

Anyway, stuck between getting this on PC or Switch. Will probably wait a bit before getting this, too many other games to get at the moment.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Is there a good guide for all the shit you can miss? I seem to recall when I played this back at launch, there were a lot of bits of side content you had to do as you went and if you missed it, it's gone.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like ages since I've been this excited for a game.

Hopefully the pre-order theme will be decent at least.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Will probably pick up for switch at some point, but too busy to fit it in now. Will be my first Tales, looking forward to it.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful OT and title, can't wait to play this game for the first time!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The only Tales game I've played is Symphonia and I really liked it. Really excited to try this one.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Probably try to finish the game this time, don't recall how far I got on 360. I just remember fixing some fountain in town lol.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I want to get this for Switch but unsure of performance. No analysis yet right?

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Nice OT, though your missing most of the characters.

Anyway, stuck between getting this on PC or Switch. Will probably wait a bit before getting this, too many other games to get at the moment.
I've waited for this for a decade, I can't believe in just 2 days it'll finally be released :'(

<3
fixed it now, lol. Weird formatting thing when cutting and pasting between Era pages.

How long is the game, I just want to get a rough idea of the play time.

Booooo, why you omitting Europe for when it was Namco Europe that gave birth to that meme?

OH my, How could I forget my brother's across the pond like that! (Fixed)

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Are all the skits voiced now? Or were they voiced in the original already? Can never remember when it was that they started adding VO to the skits too.

How's the story in Vesperia?

Is it as memorable as FF or Persona?

Not really, Vesperia's is a bit generic, if I recall. It's solid fun, though, and the characters really elevate it.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Didn't realize this was coming so soon! Not sure if I'll get it right away, but definitely will once I have the time to dedicate towards it.

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably worth noting the Steam page lists QLOC as a developer.

qcqtmEk.png

They've done console development for other ports/remasters before (Dead Rising, Dark Souls Remastered, Dragon's Dogma, the PS4 version of Tales of Zestiria) so I'm not sure if I'd write off their involvement for only the PC version or not but we'll know when the game's out I guess.

Makes sense though. They work with BNEI fairly regularly, especially on Windows conversions.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One of the few games from last gen that I never got to and feel I missed out on. I'm grabbing Mario so it'll have to wait, which means most likely for a sale, but I'm curious to try out the series. I'm glad it was ported.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
They've done console development for other ports/remasters before (Dead Rising, Dark Souls Remastered, Dragon's Dogma, the PS4 version of Tales of Zestiria) so I'm not sure if I'd write off their involvement for only the PC version or not but we'll know when the game's out I guess.

QLOC is actually the best porting studio out there, they worked on a lot of PC ports.
Capcom games, MK XL, Injustice 2, Namco titles and they are doing MK XI.