• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kanjiology

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
PS4 version is out for delivery, I was struggling between that and the Switch version. I'll pick up the Switch version eventually when it is discounted. Ready to get back into Vesperia today.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
It finally arrived!!

TPfQrse.jpg

hibbwEW.jpg

hVJDDzN.jpg

nBysBqu.jpg

Azykc8m.jpg

zVC4X3a.jpg

zbjCbfM.jpg

U6Bken8.jpg

kygzBL6.jpg

OP5i3K8.jpg

M9ytsYI.jpg

GhPdgwj.jpg
God, Yuri's design is basically perfect.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything missable in the game?

Yea, this was one of my biggest criticisms of the 360 original. Going for the achievements(that demanded practically doing all missables) was kind of a nightmare and anxiety-filled challenge as I cautiously followed a guide or two and planned my progression with surgical precision. Always double-checking to ensure all is good before moving on with each story threshold.

I think my final gametime was close to 150 hours or more getting it all done(with a couple near heart attacks over close screw-ups on missed stuff the deeper I got). It was rough and I will -never- bother again being so OCD on a game like this...but I did really enjoy it despite all that madness!

A decade later and I'll casually take it in now despite forgetting so much. Damn the trophies, will be freeing.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warning dont download the free adventure pack. It will rob you of finding these stuff on your own.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Picking up my Switch copy after work. I've been dying for a new (to me) JRPG to play on the go, and this fits the bill perfectly. I'm not too concerned with the hanheld performance. The majority of my Xenoblade 2 play time was in handheld mode, so I can deal with frame drops.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I'm sure it's been addressed a few times already but what's the switch performance supposed to be like? It seems perfect for the switch but I can pick it up for PS4 or PC as well.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
My Switch copy will arrive on Monday :(
Here goes my weekend of playing Tales of Vesperia.

Luckily I'm yet to finish Resonance of Fate Remaster on PC.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I picked this up on PC as I have a 1080ti and ppl here were saying it could do 4K/60. And so far it has, except the game is still not smooth. Micro stuttering happening around towns and in battles but it's locked at 60. Do I need to manually cap with Inspector?

Also unless Im crazy I see no graphics options st all?? If I missed them can someone pint the way lol? Just trying to get it to run smoothly. WOW at those Reshade pics. I've never used that but may try it out today. The colors with it on are incredible :)

For the actual game it's as great as it always has been. Tied with Abyss for my favorite Tales game (yes I'm one of THOSE people who looooved Abyss lol)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to ask again but I still haven't gotten an answer and I'm going to pick the game up in half an hour. Is the performance poor on the Switch version?

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
My XBO Premium Edition has arrived, and I'm a little bit miffed that the ratings logos are all over the outer slipcase and the game case >:(

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Usually indifferent about steel books, but that Repede SB is likely one of the best I've seen. Also, that premium edition is hands down the best LE Tales of put out yet.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The game is working well for me on PC. No stuttering with my particular setup, which is 144hz gsync + RTSS limiting the game to 90 FPS to keep my GPU quiet.
My main complaint right now is that when the orange info windows pop up in-game, none of the controller buttons work to dismiss them. Only pressing enter on the keyboard makes them go away (or waiting a few seconds and they disappear on their own). This is extremely irritating.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So.

The game's recommended requirements seem like extremely bloated based on game play, not sure who at Namco wrote those up. The game is incredibly light weight.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Warning dont download the free adventure pack. It will rob you of finding these stuff on your own.
I don't know, man. After already playing the game on 360, I don't mind getting a pseudo-New Game+ out of this remake. Also, there's a free costume pack, too!

This is the stuff in the adventure kit. To be honest, I don't remember what half of this stuff is, and with the way some of these items are named, I'm not sure how these are implemented into the game.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0700-CUSA12027_00-TOV8ADDCONTENT01

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of being able to miss a lot, especially with sidequests. Sounds like Legend of Heroes in that regards.

But will be picking up the PS4 version today after work.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The dlc costumes aren't shortcuts to unlock in game ones early right? I know they've done that before

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
Also, as a heads up to everyone, the brightness menu in game is laughably wrong. It wants you to clip the bottom FORTY EIGHT shades to black. It looks laughably contrasted if you do so. Just play by eye. The reshade I posted earlier adds some more contrast to it that helps make it reasonable.

I picked this up on PC as I have a 1080ti and ppl here were saying it could do 4K/60. And so far it has, except the game is still not smooth. Micro stuttering happening around towns and in battles but it's locked at 60. Do I need to manually cap with Inspector?

Also unless Im crazy I see no graphics options st all?? If I missed them can someone pint the way lol? Just trying to get it to run smoothly. WOW at those Reshade pics. I've never used that but may try it out today. The colors with it on are incredible :)

For the actual game it's as great as it always has been. Tied with Abyss for my favorite Tales game (yes I'm one of THOSE people who looooved Abyss lol)

Definitely stutters during gameplay.

1080ti, i7 6700k, 16GB DDR4.

I thought perhaps it was a streaming issue or something but even on my M2 drive there are stutters. I'm doing borderless fullscreen, rivatuner capped at 60fps. I think it's just the game.

Graphics options are near the top. It's a settings menu you have to enter within the settings menu.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is it better to have this on a ps4 or xbox ? (both of them are enhanced even though i'm sure that does jack shit)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Sidebar: I'm shocked to see that this thread has 3x's as many post than that of the New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe OT. I mean, sure, Vesperia is a JRPG and it is released on every console, so there might be more to talk about than a 2D platformer, but it's still a little surprising to me.

The thing is.

Everyone waited and bagged and hoped and bagged and demanded and hoped and bagged to ever get another Vesperia version, no matter on which platform and we finally got it on current gen, which still feels unreal.

The last time a Mario 2D game (Maker not counting) came out, most people were oversaturated and thought "Urgh, another one?"
And now it's just a definitive of the last one. I can see why this doesn't get much hype or at least not more as on Wii U.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So, the free adventure pack. I can download it and NOT use any of the level up and money bonuses, right? I want some of the items but I don't want to break the game.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So, the free adventure pack. I can download it and NOT use any of the level up and money bonuses, right? I want some of the items but I don't want to break the game.

Yes. They will appear in your inventory in the <EXTRA ITEMS> section with the individual names like 'Gel Set' and 'Pack o' Useful Stuff'. You can take the items but not the gald or however you wanna do it.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Pretty much. They break everything up piecemeal more or less so you can curate which of the perks you want to have access to while ignoring the rest that might break the game and/or lessen your overall gaming experience. It's quite smart.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Also, as a heads up to everyone, the brightness menu in game is laughably wrong. It wants you to clip the bottom FORTY EIGHT shades to black. It looks laughably contrasted if you do so. Just play by eye. The reshade I posted earlier adds some more contrast to it that helps make it reasonable.

Definitely stutters during gameplay.

1080ti, i7 6700k, 16GB DDR4.

I thought perhaps it was a streaming issue or something but even on my M2 drive there are stutters. I'm doing borderless fullscreen, rivatuner capped at 60fps. I think it's just the game.

Graphics options are near the top. It's a settings menu you have to enter within the settings menu.

Ok thanks for the infos. I am seriously bummed if there is no way to get this smooth on PC. The only reason I did t get PS4pro/X is I heard they had uncapped frame rate so I figured getting 60 would be better. I swear I have the worst fucking luck with PC games. I have a pretty powerful computer but inevitably can't get something running properly and end up buying second copies of things on consoles. I'm gonna mess around with it like I always do and see if I can get anything to work.

superlip

Jan 11, 2019
I saw something about disabling controllers to enable keyboard and mouse to get past it on the steam forum. Supposedly saving would fix the issue. I tried this but after reconnecting my controller to resume the game still wasn't recognizing my controller input for some reason. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe the steam forum has more info now.

I'[m using a DS4 via DS4Windows.

Thank you! Once I disconnected the DS4 controller I got through! But then if I quite game and launch game with the controller it stuck at that screen again! I'll keep testing.