• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
God they still haven't fixed the dialogue audio cutting in too early. So many sentences lopped off at the head.

But I guess I should be thankful that the PS3 version of the game is finally out for the English speaking audience.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
They are except for the cameo ones.

Is it really all of them? It's only a handful in the video. Stuff like Yuri's True Knight and such. There are ABSOLUTELY still costumes you have to unlock through gameplay. Like, the fact that people are forgetting Estelle's Heroic Actress costume, which is her best costume period, jsut as ONE of the examples of costumes not present in that video is a bit upsetting to me... Unless it actually auto unlocks a bit later from the moment in the video and people are talking about that.

tumblr_inline_ny4eg8VXgj1ri5dmi_1280.png

TMSIDR

Nov 9, 2017
I am not sure if this was already posted but somebody did a small translation error on the European box:
tov.jpg

Xbox Live / online support for multiplayer would have been a great feature for a Tales game of course. ^^;

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
The Steam forums biggest thread on this game is titled "stuttering" lol. As of now there is no fix and it's a nearly universal problem. I've tried everything I can think of and it stutters no matter what. Guess I'm going to wait and see if a fix appears

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Posting for new page.

If anyone else doesn't want to miss out on the miss-able content in the game, do not hesitate in using the guide below:

https://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10347292825.html

This game has a ridiculous amount of character development and additional story content that is not marked anywhere and can be missed entirely, a lot of it also stops happening after certain story points so .. that kinda sucks.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. They break everything up piecemeal more or less so you can curate which of the perks you want to have access to while ignoring the rest that might break the game and/or lessen your overall gaming experience. It's quite smart.

Is it just for the current save? Like will I basically have to use the items on my first playthrough?

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
This talk of guides/missable content is stressing me out lol. If I just want to explore at my own pace, are there like general tips/strategies to keep in mind to at least catch some of this stuff?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Huh, didn't think there'd be a day one patch on Switch.

I started to play without downloading it because I won't be home until evening late, I don't think it's strictly necessary to start to play at least.
The beginning seems interesting, I like the cell-shading art, it's always the perfect same to make a game which is nice to look at also years after. On the other side I should understand better the combat system, since I lost many times against the first (mini?) boss.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This talk of guides/missable content is stressing me out lol. If I just want to explore at my own pace, are there like general tips/strategies to keep in mind to at least catch some of this stuff?

So much of the stuff is really arbitrary so it's hard to make general heuristics to catch some of the events. If you don't want to follow a guide but do want to try to hit some of the side content, I guess I'll just say make sure to rest at inns frequently, and also talk to NPCs in town often, especially if you don't remember them being present the last time you were in a certain place.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Has anyone pixel counted the console versions yet? I'm on my Pro and can't really believe this is supposed to be 1080p. I mean the menus and text and stuff yeah, but everything in engine looks more like 720p and not even close like a clean native 1080p picture.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Any time you reach a new place, explore every nook and cranny, talk to every single NPC, rest frequently at the small inn you see pop up on the world map every now and then, rest at the inn's inside towns at least once. After major story events, talk to every NPC again etc. The game doesn't really track your progress in side quest chains so you'll need to keep it in memory.

Some side stuff will require you to do weird backtracking without much or any prompts and sometimes that stuff gets locked away if you progress past a certain point in the story or do another trigger .. so yeah it is a bit weird like that.

edit: The guide I linked earlier in this page is very spoiler free and it will list events that are relevant to what city/town you are in at the story in that point. It is essentially spoiler free. It's formatted in a really good way so I would still recommend just looking at it every now and then.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So, how's the PC port? I just heard something about microstuttering on Twitter?

Definitely a step up from the shoddy Symphonia port and the iffy Berseria one. But yes, some people are seeing stuttering, and there's a few niggling issues with controllers/input (a lot of it seemingly stems from the game assigning inputs to "Player 1" and "Player 2".)

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Posting for new page.

If anyone else doesn't want to miss out on the miss-able content in the game, do not hesitate in using the guide below:

This game has a ridiculous amount of character development and additional story content that is not marked anywhere and can be missed entirely, a lot of it also stops happening after certain story points so .. that kinda sucks.

So the guide says "Parts 1 and 2". Are there more parts than 2, or is that all of the game?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Posting for new page.

Do you mean that part of the main story is locked under missable events? Or can I enjoy the full story without using guides for collectibles (since I usually don't complete everything it wouldn't mind to miss something, unless it's essential for the story)?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Posting for new page.

Cleaned up version

https://www.scribd.com/document/397057683/Kouli-s-Guide-Tov

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, 'eff it. I traded in a bunch of my games (my original copy of ToV included) and picked up the Switch version.

Off topic: I cannot believe how hard it is to add eshop funds via the web. I still haven't figured it out.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the Switch version is unlocked, but there's none of it's free DLC in the eshop.
Is that the same for one of the other consoles too, or only the Switch?

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Still debating between Switch or PS4. I like the portability option but the PS4 version has been sounding solid in terms of performance unless I missed something.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So the guide says "Parts 1 and 2". Are there more parts than 2, or is that all of the game?

It's all of the game, it's just the way the author formatted it.

Do you mean that part of the main story is locked under missable events? Or can I enjoy the full story without using guides for collectibles (since I usually don't complete everything it wouldn't mind to miss something, unless it's essential for the story)?

Nothing in story is locked, you can play through the entire game and have a complete experience without looking at the guide.

The guide is basically just side stuff. Side missions, side skits and events that will greatly add to the overall experience and even enhance the main story, but nothing that is essential for beating it.

Thanks !
This is great and looks like it would scale to a phone screen real good too.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

Nothing in story is locked, you can play through the entire game and have a complete experience without looking at the guide.

The guide is basically just side stuff. Side missions, side skits and events that will greatly add to the overall experience and even enhance the main story, but nothing that is essential for beating it.

Thanks !
Anytime, someone else here linked it, I'm just passing it along.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
You don't get achievements for playing on easy? I'm playing on normal and getting achievements but my mate on easy and he isn't getting those secret missions

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

Thanks !
This is great and looks like it would scale to a phone screen real good too.

Thanks for your answer! I think I will play without guides (at least there are some locked aspects of the story which are so good, in that case I could use them just to watch these parts) and do what I will discover by myself