• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Where can I buy the steelbook edition from if I'm in Australia? I've looked everywhere online and nothing is coming up.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
First time playing the game here.

Is it normal to be stuck against the 1st boss ? He's way harder to beat than the enemies I encountered so far.

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Is it normal to be stuck against the 1st boss ? He's way harder to beat than the enemies I encountered so far.
Yeah, just keep at it and play defensively. Vesperia's opening's a bit rocky difficulty-wise due to how few tools it gives you. As a tip, attacking while in free-run can stun him and let you get in a quick combo.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
You don't get achievements for playing on easy? I'm playing on normal and getting achievements but my mate on easy and he isn't getting those secret missions

You get extra grade from doing secret missions, but easy mode has a grade multiplier of 0. Could be why he isn't getting any achievements?

Edit: Apparently you can still get them if you're playing on easy.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playing with the Switch Pro controller, they really need to deadzone the analog diagonals in the menus. Like 50% of the time I press right, it also goes down.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a step up from the shoddy Symphonia port and the iffy Berseria one. But yes, some people are seeing stuttering, and there's a few niggling issues with controllers/input (a lot of it seemingly stems from the game assigning inputs to "Player 1" and "Player 2".)

Random question. What was wrong with the PC version of Berseria?

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The PC port is pretty good. It uses about 50% of my GTX1080 at 4K 4xMSAA. The game looks great considering how old it is, especially the high-resolution interface and text, which are always a big plus IMO. The only thing missing is ultrawide support.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017

yeah, this boss in particular is annoying because he air juggles you and you can't recover yet. Later on you will be able to jump out of a juggle like that but for now you just gotta heal up and do your best.

Where and when to get the dlc costumes?
They're in your inventory. Scroll all the way to the right to the icon that looks like an Internet-ish symbol and use the items there to unlock the titles. Then go to your titles for each character and they'll be there

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Just block the first boss's uppercut crap. Don't play 100% offensively and it's not that difficult.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
You get extra grade from doing secret missions, but easy mode has a grade multiplier of 0. Could be why he isn't getting any achievements?

Edit: Apparently you can still get them if you're playing on easy.
He didn't get any unfortunately + Gattuso's fight isn't considered a secret mission? Because if it does I didn't get an achievement after beating him

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I remember it had such a bizarre controller input problem that I had to set up 3 virtual joysticks to work around it. Also it had some weird framerate limiters and I installed a "Special-K" mod an played it that way.

Damn, i got lucky. I was fortunate not to have any issues. Played at 1440p with no skipping. I did not exceed 60 FPS though.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
You only get Secret Missions if you perform a certain optional action during the fight. For Gattuso it's either to stun him with the flowers, or maybe it's hit him / knock him down after stunning him, I forget the specifics.

You can eventually go back to get secret missions at the end, so even though there are lots of missable events, Missions aren't one of them, thankfully.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing... I forgot how much i love this game. I always watched the intro because of the song and it's no different. Cant wait to fully dive in.

Back when i was in the uk, the 1 year wait for them to bring it over was so fucking painful... arrgh. Had to play Star Ocean 4 (lol) to curb my RPG fix.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I unlock the DLC costumes does that cancel the sidequests for the rest of the costumes?

Chylo

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know Vesperia was being released so early in the year.
I still can't decide on XB1 or Switch ver. >.>
Same here.
What version are people getting? I've narrowed it down to Switch or PS4 since I know I'll eventually buy it again on PC when it hits the Humble store (for like $12 like Berseria is right now).

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Got my Switch cart! Field/Town framerate's definitely a little wierd since there's some noticeable judder when the background scrolls, but I'll deal. In battle framerate seems solid, but the real litmus test is once you have Karol, Estelle and especially Rita in the party.

The New VA is definitely noticeable but I'll get used to it. I'm just glad they kept around Troy's original work, since it's probably my favorite of his roles.

Cant wait for people to get to Gattuso
lmao, Gattuso always manages to get one over on me at least once a playthrough, even when I know how to handle him.

Talk about a wake up call boss.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Gattuso is the 'did you know you'll prob need to bind an elemental weakness spell (rita's fireball) to your shortcut sometimes instead of braindead attacks' - the boss

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Replaying Vesperia makes me realize how much i miss the old Tales of game design.

Sure i liked Berseria a lot thanks to awesome cast, great story and combat system BUT the overworld, copy&paste dungeons and the god damn awful equip system (srsly fuck this crafting system) quite often brought me close to quiting the game thats how bad it was.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecube controller on Switch version is pretty damn comfortable. Too bad that unless I use a 3rd party controller that there isn't an extra shoulder button for use with the Artes Ball later on (lets you equip more artes at once while holding L1)

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Switch version worth getting? I have it preordered and ready to pick up today but I'm wondering if I should exchange it for the Xbox version.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Gamecube controller on Switch version is pretty damn comfortable. Too bad that unless I use a 3rd party controller that there isn't an extra shoulder button for use with the Artes Ball later on (lets you equip more artes at once while holding L1)
I was honestly considering giving it a try with the adapter, since it wouldn't be too far off from Symphonia's old scheme.

Any noticeable input lag?

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City
Went with the Switch version. No regrets so far. What's this concern over the costumes? Is there a reason I should get them via DLC earlier rather than through the quests later on?

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone has a version of the missables guide that's actually a checklist you can fill out on your phone?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

Do you mean
Zagi
?
If so, I'm relieved not to have been the only one to have had difficulties in defeating him. My suggestions is to do as many combos as you can rapidly.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
This game could be released Today for the first time and it would not look old to me. The game has not aged at all. It's so beautiful.