• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Fine for me, I dunno if I would have time with Smash Ultimate, plus Switch line up for January is pretty barren for now.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
There's no Steam page up yet I guess?

I'm looking forward to seeing if this lives up to the hype.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, thought this was coming this year. Would have loved this for November or December.

Can't wait though!

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
My RPG list for the Switch keeps growing. VC4, Grandia 1&2, that one that's starts with "L", this game

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Bamco games drop in price quick, I'll grab this later.

Also that case is horrible, I'll get the standard edition.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
My RPG list for the Switch keeps growing. VC4, Grandia 1&2, that one that's starts with "L", this game

My PS4 is my go to for all RPGs since it has everything but Grandia is one of my favorite games so I'm excited for that. Octopath nor Xenoblade did anything for me. They're good but not amazing. VC4 I consider a RTS/SRPG so it's a little different to me but it'll be awhile before I get to it. Vesperia is a remaster so same for that. New games to play so they get priority.

But i'll be picking all of 'em up and getting to Vesperia sooner than later. It's my favorite Tales game.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
My PS4 is my go to for all RPGs since it has everything but Grandia is one of my favorite games so I'm excited for that. Octopath nor Xenoblade did anything for me. They're good but not amazing. VC4 I consider a RTS/SRPG so it's a little different to me but it'll be awhile before I get to it. Vesperia is a remaster so same for that. New games to play so they get priority.

But i'll be picking all of 'em up and getting to Vesperia sooner than later. It's my favorite Tales game.

I loved Octopath, but agree on Xenoblade.

Nov 14, 2017
Definitely picking this up on Switch. Really want that Steelbook as long as it comes with the regular edition.

Just waiting on that Grandia/Grandia II release date announcement for Switch.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dang another January release? But I also want the good doggo steelbook. Hopefully Switch gets one.

Oct 25, 2017
January is now officially confirmed as nostalgia month for my soul.
Tales of vesperia
Ace combat 7
Re2
Finish it all off with kh3

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly relieved it's been pushed into January, as much as I was looking forward to this. The coming quarter is already way too packed for me, particularly on the JRPG front.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
US got the definitive edition, still doesn't feel real. Day 1.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a kid again with all these JRPGs I'm wanting/getting to play. NNK2, Octopath Traveler, Dragon Quest XI, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Xenoblade: Torna, Kingdom Hearts 3, and now this!

I never played Vesperia so it'll be new to me and I'm definitely grabbing the switch version.

Namyu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
December is all for Smash then I guess

Not super excited this isn't 2018 but w/e

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It's the first time I think this delay can be positive for me, firstly if it released on November or December I would have skipped it anyway and would have got it maybe later in 2019 because of Pokémon and Smash, secondly 11th January is my birthday, if there won't be other games which interest me out in the same period I could grab it.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol:

January 2017 = Tales of Berseria, RE7, Kingdom Hearts 0.2

January 2019 = Tales of Vesperia, RE2 Remake, Kingdom Hearts III

January 2021 = Tales, RE, KH for sure now

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Man too many amazing JRPG's coming around at one time:

Dragon Quest XI
Tales of Vesperia Remastered
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Kingdom Hearts 3

WHAT IS LIFE.

desu

Oct 27, 2017
One of the worst steelbooks in a long time... no clue why they not went with the original cover art which was nice.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ideal release date if you only have a Switch.

Kinda muddled release date if you have PS4/PC. Then again, all of winter was.

Gonna be busy with this, RE2, and KH3.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird but between KH3 and Vesperia I might actually go with this...but also that's a really random steelbook case...

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
dang I expected this year, Switch for me. can't wait to see what the fuss was about. I've played many Tales games but missed this one.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
If Vesperia is pushed to January, that means I can get Dragon Quest XI earlier than planned, and that I'll hold back until March (my birthday) to get Kingdom Hearts 3. That's going to give me more time to finish BbS, 3D and 0.2, which is nice, since I ended up a bit burned out of KH2FM Critical Mode.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit. Another hot January game. RLM's "fuck you, it's January" takes on a different meaning in 2019

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
So now we have a date. I was hoping it would be December so I could play it over my Christmas break, but this is fine.

Mario123311

Nov 2, 2017
Kirkland, Washington
I'm so sick of this milked IP...

Not buying.

Also January 2019 is when Pac-Man World 1 offically turns 20 and they still haven't done anything to make up for Pac's sorry state in today's age. Fuck off, Namco.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
Okay so like... is it good? I loved Tales of Symphonia as a kid but my attention span for JRPGs has waned with time. I'm finding myself intrigued by the Switch release for whatever reason. Is this like a truly top-tier RPG?

Oct 25, 2017
The first part of 2019 is going to be packed, people want to release their games before those PS5 and XBOX TWO reveals

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Okay so like... is it good? I loved Tales of Symphonia as a kid but my attention span for JRPGs has waned with time. I'm finding myself intrigued by the Switch release for whatever reason. Is this like a truly top-tier RPG?
Yes, the best in the Tales series (at a lonely height imo). Battle system is somewhat like Symphonia but introduces 3d movement to the franchise. Cool story, awesome characters, and beautiful artstyle and monster design.