• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Looking forward to this upcoming What A Cartoon:

Does anyone know what cartoon their covering?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Bob is moving North but still close enough to record podcasts at the ready, not suddenly but within a year.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Things must be getting serious with Bob and Nina.

Also, good on Bob for not dropping this on Henry out of the blue, and yeeting out of San Francisco without warning.

Last edited:

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Things must be getting serious with Bob and Nina.

Also, good on Bob for not dropping this on Henry out of the blue, and yeeting out San Francisco without warning.
Not to mention he's already made plans to be the one doing the travelling back to sf for work, rather than shifting the operation elsewhere and forcing Henry to work remotely/by commute.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take his word that nothing will change with the podcasts, but I've seen too many situations result in a major drop in quality to not be a little weary.
I'm less worried about it since he already has a plan in mind and clearly already has a positive example of how to handle such a move in how his Retronauts cohost does the same thing now, given Retronauts manages just fine with Jeremy being on the east coast now.

Also they have a pretty blatant example of what not to do with what happened with Laser Time

OP
OP
krae_man

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the What a Cartoon on The Smoggies, The Green Forrest, & Stickin' Around.

OP
OP
krae_man

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Also The schedule for PAX West got posted.

The Cromulent World of Fictional Simpsons Games
  • Sat 08/31 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
  • Sasquatch Theatre
Anyone who grew up in the '90s knows about the (mostly terrible) legacy of Simpsons video games, but what about the fictional games within the show itself? On this panel, join Talking Simpsons Podcast hosts Bob Mackey and Henry Gilbert, and comedy writer Mike Drucker (Nintendo, Marvel, Adam Ruins Everything, The Tonight Show, The Onion, and Full Frontal with Samantha Bee), as they give you a guided tour of the various ways The Simpsons has parodied the medium of video games. From Bonestorm to Escape from Grandma's House to Robert Goulet Destroyer, we'll walk our captive audience through the many, many games available exclusively in Springfield!

Panelists

Bob Mackey [Host, Talking Simpsons], Henry Gilbert [Host, Talking Simpsons], Mike Drucker [Comedy Writer, N/A]

HOLD IT BOB, WE CAN SEE YOUR WRISTWATCH!

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I had to make ab image Bob's quote in the recent "I'm With Cupid" episode.

531497.jpg

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Going back, I'm glad they turned around on the Scully eps but wonder what happens when they reach S12.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Also, love the new audio clip:

384283.jpg

Hopefully it sticks around in the future.

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
Just started listening to TS and hoping somebody here is a digital hoarder like myself and downloads the podcasts via iTunes. I noticed the feed only goes back to 2018 instead of 2015 and was hoping someone could dm me a Dropbox link of the episodes missing via iTunes. I'm aware the archive is up to download on their libsync but it's not iTunes friendly and you have to download each episode and name them manually. Hoping some kind talking simpsons fan has the entire run and can send it t

OP
OP
krae_man

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Just started listening to TS and hoping somebody here is a digital hoarder like myself and downloads the podcasts via iTunes. I noticed the feed only goes back to 2018 instead of 2015 and was hoping someone could dm me a Dropbox link of the episodes missing via iTunes. I'm aware the archive is up to download on their libsync but it's not iTunes friendly and you have to download each episode and name them manually. Hoping some kind talking simpsons fan has the entire run and can send it t

Season 1, you'll have to find the patreon posts. Just filter to June 2017 and they are all there.

Season 2-present is all available here:

talkingsimpsons.libsyn.com

Talking Simpsons

Join your friends Bob Mackey and Henry Gilbert for a chronological and cromulent exploration of the greatest show ever made! Each week we're joined by funny guests to tackle a different episode of The Simpsons, breaking down every 22 minutes of animated entertainment into an embiggening...

That's how you have to do it. No way around it.

Downloading 100-150 episodes isn't the end of the world. Just fire off 10 a day until you catch up. It's not like you are going to be able to listen to them faster than you can download them.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

Next 2 weeks is gonna be the Ian and Toby takeover. But also...Season 1 redux plans. I'm kinda conflicted, S11 is where the show gets off the deep end with some solid episodes but I do think S1.2 could work now with the current style.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/32431084

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So starting next month, the last week of the month will be replaced with a WAC Movie Preview and a Talk to the Audience.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Sigh. Looks like Bob and Henry got the Chapo lads back for an episode dedicated to the politics of The Simpsons this week. We really need to do better than those guys being on the show. Especially after Amber Frost's comments regarding women who get hysterectomies.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sigh. Looks like Bob and Henry got the Chapo lads back for an episode dedicated to the politics of The Simpsons this week. We really need to do better than those guys being on the show. Especially after Amber Frost's comments regarding women who get hysterectomies.
Not being American I don't really have a strong opinion on Chapo. I'm just disgruntled that we get another week of missing out on a proper episode. The last week of the month is already taken up by a different type of podcast so it'll have been three weeks since we got a proper new episode by the time the next one rolls around. Wasn't a fan of them going back to do season one either, so in general, I'm a little annoyed at the moment.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Not being American I don't really have a strong opinion on Chapo. I'm just disgruntled that we get another week of missing out on a proper episode. The last week of the month is already taken up by a different type of podcast so it'll have been three weeks since we got a proper new episode by the time the next one rolls around. Wasn't a fan of them going back to do season one either, so in general, I'm a little annoyed at the moment.
Just means one more week extra from them getting to Series 11. Really want to hear what they have to say about Kill the Aligator and Run.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just means one more week extra from them getting to Series 11. Really want to hear what they have to say about Kill the Aligator and Run.
I really want to hear them discuss these later seasons. Bob and Henry have such a nuanced, balanced way of looking at things, so it's going to be cool to see them discuss these seasons that just get mercilessly shit on. Returning to season 1 just feels meh in comparison.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
During the wait for Season 11, I should go back and relisten to "Worst Episode Ever", which in pretty sure is dead now.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
A correction for this week´s ep of What a Cartoon. Justice League vs. the Fatal Five from 2019 is part of the DC animated universe/TAS DC canon:
It features Jessica Cruz who was invented after JLU ended. So is 2017´s Batman and Harley Quinn which I consider to be the only total dud since the direct to home video animated film initiative began in 2007. The 2010 animated film Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths is also based on an unfilmed TAS script that is set between Justice League and Justice League Unlimited but it´s not part of that canon. Dwayne McDuffie wrote it. His actual JLA comic run from the 2000s isn´t good, which he agreed with, but DC´s editors did him no favors by giving him little room to work with. RIP.
Batman TAS just started a digital-first comic by an all-star team from the old show and it´s later comic so the DC animated universe lives on to this day:

Good luck with The Simpsons S11. It´s the shows first bad season which I immediately noticed even as a kid but you could hear the sparks starting to die-off on the air during the 2nd half of S10. You really could. I have seen every ep of the show and it will never pick up again outside of rare good eps here and there. Your main podcast is hosed. Doing 2-hour eps on many of these won´t work. S11 at least ends with Behind the Laughter. An all-time masterpiece.

Edit: The future set continuity of The Simpsons introduced in the really good Holidays of Future Passed from S23 was also only reused once and the show featured at least 2 other orginal futures for a whole ep since then. It never established itself as anything superseding to the other non-canon futures so the podcast got that one wrong a few times. Well, you´ll find out one day.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
S11 does have good episodes but yeah, I think everyone is waiting for the 2 big episodes in that season.

Of course, we still have to wait to June as Simpsons Sing the Blues has an episode, wonder if they'll also do the Yellow Album.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I know it's a little old now, but I enjoyed KC Green as their guest for "Kristy Gets Busted". When he was describing the The Miller Test being used to judge Squeak The Mouse, and he said one rule was "Does it make you horny?", I'm disappointed that no one made an Austin Powers impression.

I feel like that should be a podcasting rule at this point.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Edit: Sorry, I used the wrong tab. Something Simpsons related, ok.

Kill the Alligator and Run is the other ep that "stands out" in S11. It was the worst ep of the show to that day not counting the really bad clip show ep. Or were there 2 really bad clip show eps. There were a few worse since then. How 2020 will close on the podcast:

Last edited:
OP
OP
krae_man

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Season 11 is going to have some good stuff. It's got the Mark McGwire episode while probably means Kat.

The Tomacco episode is good.

THOH is good.

However, I'm worried about one thing: bobservo, your anti death jingle better not take out Betty White.

xvi8aFI.jpg

Last edited:

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 11 still has Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl, tomacco, Hell's Satans, Funzo, monkey knife fight, President Lisa and Behind the Laughter but I'm wondering what Bob and Henry are going to do when we enter no man's land

and I'm surprised Henry missed Fatal Five since that, Gods and Monsters and Dark Knight Returns are like the only decently animated movies in the terrible looking DC Animated Movieverse