• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
Oh, I like the visuals even though I wasn't expecting a detective game from them (for some reason) :P

The VA seems great too.

This is also more interesting than Snipperclips to me.

Last edited:

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
First they got Nintendo as a partner and now Apple. These guys really are lucky! But they 100% deserve it.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh! i was wondering what SFB was doing after snipperclips. didn't know they already had made a game for apple arcade. very happy that it's also coming to switch, looks awesome. the VA is super well done too.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very cool! I wish they didn't use that jittery animation as I've never been a fan of that style.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Beautifuly stunning

Art, dialogue, charm. Looks great and glad the developers are moving up.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Friendly Reminder: SFB is short for Super Flash Bros. They're part of the Flash game and animation movement of the 2000s.
Seriously, go watch Decline of Video Gaming series.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, imma buy that day 1. I've been really missing silly investigation games since both Layton and Ace attorney both died rip

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Couldn't sleep so I took time this morning to beat this after getting about 20 minutes in when I first downloaded it days ago. Freaking amazing little game. Love the art and gameplay loop and story a lot. Obviously inspired by Prof. Layton but from the puzzles to music to characters, this has kind of dethroned Layton in my mind. It's very much more my speed. Actually bought Detective Grimoire on Steam after finishing since I wanted more and kinda pissed I let the game lapse from my wishlist for so long.

So is it good ? Cause it definitely looks good...
Yeah genuinely good. Got it through Apple Arcade but I wouldn't mind setting aside a bit of money to buy it on Steam just to further support the devs.

It's really good.

But I'm stuck on the microscope puzzle. Help!
Can't quite remember this one but I do know that
two of the scopes are supposed to overlap only slightly on the left most side. You'll have to figure the two intensities on your own since I can't remember lol

Speaking of, the most difficult puzzle for me was late in the game and for any one who needs a slight hint on it:
Don't use the middle blue latch.
I know I could have used that hint.

Last edited:

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is this a detective grimoire sequel?
Nice. The first one was pretty fun, even if it was really short.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I played through this over the weekend on Apple Arcade - really good game. I think there were a few times towards the end where I found myself unsure of what I should be doing next because I hadn't spoken to a character about something, but for the most part it tended to flow pretty well and had a decent story to it. The animation and the voice acting is great. For $5 on Apple Arcade (along with all other available games) it's a no-brainer.